The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Jul 14, 2021 at 9:32 AM Post #1,712 of 88,441
No you need to make an Amazon JP account. The site has an option for you to browse and do everything in English and a lot of stuff ships abroad. Tips are often not cheap but the variety you get justifies the cost and when measured against what we spend on other stuff spending $25 on a pair of tips to be the cherry on the sundae, or to fulfill the OCD some of us have for collecting tips in an almost Pokemon like fashion...doesn't seem all that much of a stretch.
Thanks. Think I’ll give it a try later.

Jul 14, 2021 at 9:33 AM Post #1,713 of 88,441
I got an email from them the other day and I just clicked on the link..

***oopsie… I see from the shape those are the TWS ones..

DCA90DA4-2D69-4A55-A94D-717E71ED5708.png

Last edited:
Jul 14, 2021 at 9:35 AM Post #1,714 of 88,441
Last edited:
Jul 14, 2021 at 9:37 AM Post #1,715 of 88,441
Those are regular Xelastec not the Crystals, which I don't see in there.

What were your thoughts on the Crystals? I think I remember you saying you weren't too fond of them.

Better fit and shape retention than the regular Xelastec. I just find them a bit bright sounding, though I might just be hearing things.. ha ha

Jul 14, 2021 at 9:38 AM Post #1,716 of 88,441
Same here, never really "clicked" with me.

This was reinforced after my experience with the Nio.

I do appreciate their recent effort such as the seemingly decent stock cable, however. Their apex module I found to be both a curse and blessing -- I don't know. It is one company I monitor as its one of the major players out there.
I would suggest checking out the rest of the lineup if possible, as the Nio is somewhat of an outlier, as witnessed by the initial “dislike” of it among the 64 Audio faithful, myself included.

Jul 14, 2021 at 9:41 AM Post #1,717 of 88,441
I would suggest checking out the rest of the lineup if possible, as the Nio is somewhat of an outlier, as witnessed by the initial “dislike” of it among the 64 Audio faithful, myself included.

I've heard the Trio, Nio and u12t and none really clicked with me for reasons I'm willing to attribute entirely to personal taste. I've never heard the u18t/s but descriptions I've read lead me to think they probably won't be my thing. Fourte is the biggest what if/variable for me in their lineup and I'd jump at the chance to hear one (either variety).

Jul 14, 2021 at 9:48 AM Post #1,718 of 88,441

I've heard the Trio, Nio and u12t and none really clicked with me for reasons I'm willing to attribute entirely to personal taste. I've never heard the u18t/s but descriptions I've read lead me to think they probably won't be my thing. Fourte is the biggest what if/variable for me in their lineup and I'd jump at the chance to hear one (either variety).

For what I read, the U6t should be right up my alley but need/want to sell a few things first (I don't like having too many expensive IEMs around, not my thing, the lesser, the better) as well as find the right tips for my Isabellae.

Jul 14, 2021 at 10:00 AM Post #1,719 of 88,441
For what I read, the U6t should be right up my alley but need/want to sell a few things first (I don't like having too many expensive IEMs around, not my thing, the lesser, the better) as well as find the right tips for my Isabellae.

Yeah if you love the M9 I could 100% see you loving the u6t. That said, the IER M9, though it has a pretty flat/referency tuning it still manages to inject some musicality/Sony sexiness into the sound and think it's the absence of this factor that has so far prevented me from really connecting with a 64 Audio IEM. They're analytic/technical marvels...but imho they lack musicality, or at least what my ears consider musicality. As with everything, YMMV.

EVE21 better have a DD or pair of EST, or both :smiley:

I'd almost forgotten about that one. I had thought it would have been out by now. But yeah, I'm having a hard time being interested in any IEMs right now that don't have either a DD or an e-stat in there somewhere.

Last edited:
Jul 14, 2021 at 11:22 AM Post #1,720 of 88,441
A beautiful worldly groove:

Music like this makes my heart cry out "Isa, how I love thee, let me count the ways..."

Awaiting the Reborn today...

Edit:

Woo!

Screen Shot 2021-07-14 at 8.44.34 AM.png

Last edited:
Jul 14, 2021 at 1:10 PM Post #1,721 of 88,441

U12T is a bit boring, but it can play any genre of music. It's like old saying "Jack of all trades, master of none."

Imo it stands the summit-fi of an era of multi-BA warfare that last who knows how long. It took the industry years to figure out how to coordinate the electronics. Remember that back in the day 3 armature drivers in an iem was state of the art technology like Shure 535 and Westone 3.

U12T got up to 12. They vented the bass and trebles in a way that took the edge off the dreaded ba timbre. The result was a little purple tangerine with neutral tuning and good details.

Jul 14, 2021 at 1:20 PM Post #1,722 of 88,441
This just in:

B1C5D0D6-AB92-4627-8D65-13794806E50A.JPEG

Earliest of early impressions after just a few test tracks are that this is another work of characteristic Oriolus magic. First thoughts-- very well balanced and pleasing tuning. Think Solaris with more sub-bass, a bit less mid-bass (a little less thump but more woob), not quite as spacious or layered but with more forwardness & even temperedness in the mids combined with The Old Man's peerless affinity for extracting nuance, emotion and subtle textures out of vocals and bringing the whole upper mid-range forward without overshadowing the lower mids, sacrificing weight and body or veering into anything too shouty (it did come a bit close on one of my tracks but that could have been the recording) or sacrificing sweetness in the highs. More unboxing pics & impressions to come. So far though, huge thumbs up.

Edit: Props to @1TrickPony -- it was largely your rec that pushed me over the edge and I can well understand your love of these utterly enticing and engaging IEMs.

Last edited:
Jul 14, 2021 at 1:28 PM Post #1,723 of 88,441
U12T is a bit boring, but it can play any genre of music. It's like old saying "Jack of all trades, master of none."

Imo it stands the summit-fi of an era of multi-BA warfare that last who knows how long. It took the industry years to figure out how to coordinate the electronics. Remember that back in the day 3 armature drivers in an iem was state of the art technology like Shure 535 and Westone 3.

U12T got up to 12. They vented the bass and trebles in a way that took the edge off the dreaded ba timbre. The result was a little purple tangerine with neutral tuning and good details.
To my time with the U12T it does not in any way call attention to itself. After 4-5 hours of enjoying music and just listening to the uncolored sounds, suddenly something in the music happens and the thought in my mind says this is a really great set.

Not the most immediately engaging listen that is for sure, though as you say any genre works with it.

Last edited:
Jul 14, 2021 at 1:33 PM Post #1,724 of 88,441
nice!
i just started listening to the percivali today. I'm waiting for an adapter later today to listen to the ely.

initial impression for the percivali vs solaris is more sub bass, much more detail across the frequency range which allows for the nuance to come through, lateral soundstage is wide but doesn't have that big forward facing soundstage that solaris provides simulating the speaker like presentation. Mids are not as warm as solaris which I think is due to the lower mids being less pronounced. Decided to use the accostune AET08 tipsto see if it brings more of the lower mids out

more to come

Last edited:
Jul 14, 2021 at 1:34 PM Post #1,725 of 88,441

The whole presentation is just too analytic for my tastes-- it's great for if you want to put your music under a microscope, but the emotion is gone. For some people this is just what they want-- I can imagine someone who, say, listens to music while they work and want it in the background and not calling their attention to it all the time really liking the u12t, or someone who is looking to be intellectually stimulated by the listening session. For someone looking to be swept off their feet it doesn't really work. I've often described the Androemeda and u12t as the Mars and Venus of IEMs. You are right in that it is profoundly inoffensive-- in that sense it's kind of like the oatmeal of IEMs. As with everything, YMMV.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back