The (Un)Official Amp Thread For ZMF Headphones
Nov 30, 2023 at 5:04 PM Post #2,792 of 3,565
Piety 2: Tubeish Boogaloo is going to be released pretty soon by Nitsch. It's in an Asgard chassis and said to be a substantial upgrade to the original.
Yep I've been closely following the thread on the other forum... Of course rumors started circulating just after I purchased the iHA-6 haha. But I'm sure it'll still have a very low output impedance so I'm just going to choose to believe that the iHA-6 is better suited for my Atticus regardless of any great impressions I read of the Optimus Pietus Omega Death Destroyer or whatever it may be called!

Nov 30, 2023 at 5:05 PM Post #2,793 of 3,565
say what?
It's a play on the infamous film, BREAKIN' 2: ELECTRIC BOOGALOO.

How do you not know that Peter? :L3000:

That's just what I'm calling it as it has no official name yet (I think).

Last edited:
Nov 30, 2023 at 5:06 PM Post #2,794 of 3,565
The ability to include a multibit DAC card in the bigger better upcoming Piety is very enticing though for anyone looking for a nice compact all-in-one solution

Edit: Oops if I could read I'd know that @heliosphann already said exactly this on the last page

Last edited:
Nov 30, 2023 at 6:06 PM Post #2,795 of 3,565
How do you not know that Peter?
I just IMDB'd "BREAKIN' 2: ELECTRIC BOOGALOO" (note use of "IMDB" as a verb--digital literacy in action); I also read some reviews. Clearly I'm not the only person who never heard of this film or managed to completely forget it in the years since viewing it.

I have an FMRI (Functional Magnetic Resonance Imaging) machine in my office (doesn't everyone?). I fired it up and directed my neurological researcher/PhD-in-residence to scan my brain while she displayed the words "BREAKIN' 2: ELECTRIC BOOGALOO" in giant, colorful, unending scrolled text on a monitor visible from inside the machine; and while she spoke the words repeatedly into my earphones.

The results were clear: the machine recorded zero cortical activity in response to these "BREAKIN' 2: ELECTRIC BOOGALOO" stimuli.

What does this prove? Well, nothing.
  • Mine is an "informally donated brain" (of unknown provenance) that so far has failed to register any signal whatsoever in connection with any stimuli of any kind
  • Though for a few minutes last year my PhD thought she detected some minor response to Pam Anderson's bathing suit scenes in the original "BAYWATCH" Series. But no--just electrical noise.
Why am I telling you this? I'm telling everybody!

Just so I don't get in trouble with the mod--I had a wonderful listening session last night w/the Icon Audio HP8 + Verite Open. Not "Wunnerful," as Lawrence Welk used to say--but WONDERFUL.

Last edited:
Nov 30, 2023 at 6:27 PM Post #2,796 of 3,565
Just so I don't get in trouble with the mod--I had a wonderful listening session last night w/the Icon Audio HP8 + Verite Open. Not "Wunnerful," as Lawrence Welk used to say--but WONDERFUL.
So you’re familiar with Lawrence Welk, but not the unheralded masterpiece of Breakin’ 2? Sequels are often given short shrift.

Nov 30, 2023 at 6:28 PM Post #2,797 of 3,565
I just IMDB'd "BREAKIN' 2: ELECTRIC BOOGALOO" (note use of "IMDB" as a verb--digital literacy in action); I also read some reviews. Clearly I'm not the only person who never heard of this film or managed to completely forget it in the years since viewing it.

I have an FMRI (Functional Magnetic Resonance Imaging) machine in my office (doesn't everyone?). I fired it up and directed my neurological researcher/PhD-in-residence to scan my brain while she displayed the words "BREAKIN' 2: ELECTRIC BOOGALOO" in giant, colorful, unending scrolled text on a monitor visible from inside the machine; and while she spoke the words repeatedly into my earphones.

The results were clear: the machine recorded zero cortical activity in response to these "BREAKIN' 2: ELECTRIC BOOGALOO" stimuli.

• Mine is an "informally donated brain" (of unknown provenance) that so far has failed to register any signal whatsoever in connection with any stimuli of any kind
  • Though for a few minutes last year my PhD thought she detected some minor response to Pam Anderson's bathing suit scenes in the original "BAYWATCH" Series. But no--just electrical noise.

Too funny. It is a well known joke/meme. https://knowyourmeme.com/memes/electric-boogaloo

I was also listening to a new amp (at least to me), a Mjolnir Audio Pure BiPolar. Paired with it was my recently acquired OG Bocote Auteurs.

PXL_20231130_200226875.jpgPXL_20231130_200246359.jpg

Nov 30, 2023 at 6:54 PM Post #2,798 of 3,565
So you’re familiar with Lawrence Welk, but not the unheralded masterpiece of Breakin’ 2? Sequels are often given short shrift.
I'm familiar with Lawrence Welk in the same way I'm familiar with the guillotine or sexually transmitted diseases: by reading about them, not experiencing them.

Nov 30, 2023 at 6:55 PM Post #2,799 of 3,565
Nov 30, 2023 at 7:18 PM Post #2,801 of 3,565
I was also listening to a new amp (at least to me), a Mjolnir Audio Pure BiPolar. Paired with it was my recently acquired OG Bocote Auteurs.
Very nice. The pads almost look blue in that light. Or maybe it’s an optical illusion. I wonder if we can talk Zach into doing a few colors of pads through the custom shop.

Nov 30, 2023 at 9:45 PM Post #2,803 of 3,565
Dec 1, 2023 at 6:57 AM Post #2,804 of 3,565

I remember seeing it when I was in grade school. It's contribution to the world of cinema cannot be understated.

I actually saw the first Breakin' with Beat Street in the theater as a double feature. Those were heady times full of lighthearted fun and atrocious acting.

Dec 1, 2023 at 12:33 PM Post #2,805 of 3,565
Not to put any pressure on him, but the cat is already out of the bag. Maybe the man himself, @CEE TEE, wouldn't mind dropping some knowledge on us?
Yes…working hard on <Pietus Maximus> now. :)
Should launch in 2-3 weeks.
ZMFs were used in prototype testing, hope you dig it!

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back