Mar 12, 2020 at 10:45 PM Post #211 of 351
Toneking Ty2 pro Initial impression ootb:

A bit shouty and grainy, basslite, decent soundstaging, also still a bit muddy

But so far so good....will update more later
20200313_104312.jpg

Last edited:
Apr 23, 2020 at 9:36 AM Post #212 of 351
Help needed!!!

I've lost one of my silver rear filters for the Ninetails. 😩 I've spent a week turning the house upside down and retracing steps.

I've also spent a considerable amount of time scouring the web to see if I could buy them separately, with no luck 😢

I cant even look at them now, they're just not the same with the other red and blue filters. I mean they still sound good obviously but just not AS good without the silver rear filter.

Anyone know of where these may be sold separately? Any ideas on a workaround?

Bar just buying an entire new set, I'm not sure what to do. Seems insane to do that for one little piece of alloy.

Apr 23, 2020 at 9:59 AM Post #213 of 351
Maybe someone will send or sell you a pair if they never use the silvers.

or

Turn the other pairs of filters into more "silver" filters. You have one left to go by so you have to mimic what that one does whether it be opening size and or filter material inside. Doable but with some trial and error it can be done. Never had that model but it looks like the filters are the same as far as hole size so it should be just a matter of match the filtering effect of what is inside the silver. I'd say start with a pin and center poke a small hole in the blue filters and see if that adds the silver treble boost.

Last edited:
Apr 23, 2020 at 10:29 AM Post #214 of 351
Help needed!!!

I've lost one of my silver rear filters for the Ninetails. 😩 I've spent a week turning the house upside down and retracing steps.

I've also spent a considerable amount of time scouring the web to see if I could buy them separately, with no luck 😢

I cant even look at them now, they're just not the same with the other red and blue filters. I mean they still sound good obviously but just not AS good without the silver rear filter.

Bar just buying an entire new set, I'm not sure what to do. Seems insane to do that for one little piece of alloy.

Maybe message the seller u bought it from and see if they can ask the factory to just sell the filters?

Though I think the Ninetails is being phased out, not many sellers out there still having it in stock in Aliexpress.

Apr 23, 2020 at 4:27 PM Post #215 of 351
Maybe someone will send or sell you a pair if they never use the silvers.

or

Turn the other pairs of filters into more "silver" filters. You have one left to go by so you have to mimic what that one does whether it be opening size and or filter material inside. Doable but with some trial and error it can be done. Never had that model but it looks like the filters are the same as far as hole size so it should be just a matter of match the filtering effect of what is inside the silver. I'd say start with a pin and center poke a small hole in the blue filters and see if that adds the silver treble boost.

Yes I think this might be the only option, by the looks of it the filters are all identical the only difference being the cotton wool type thin material covering the hole in the Blue and silver. Red is completely open.

Scraping away some of it from the blue perhaps to thin it out.. maybe pierce it like you say.

IMG_20200423_212011.jpg

Apr 23, 2020 at 4:31 PM Post #216 of 351
Nice, getting a better look at it maybe remove bits from the red with tweezers till you get what you see in the silver if it is woolen and comes out in strands. Maybe a little patience and going slowly but looks like you could match.

Apr 23, 2020 at 4:47 PM Post #217 of 351
Nice, getting a better look at it maybe remove bits from the red with tweezers till you get what you see in the silver if it is woolen and comes out in strands. Maybe a little patience and going slowly but looks like you could match.

Yes good idea! I shall try that right away as there are definitely fibre strands within the material. I've got all the time in the world and I'll pick it apart strand by strand if i have to. 👍🏻

Apr 23, 2020 at 8:38 PM Post #218 of 351
Help needed!!!

Use the red filter, put some thin amount of cotton or if you can do it cut a tissue into circle thay will fit the rear filter dimension, use your ear to tune it similar to the silver ones.

May 8, 2020 at 2:31 AM Post #220 of 351
So....the left side of my 9way has died on me, but this is probably my own fault since im constantly removing the cables out of them, I guess some mmcx connector have a shorter lifespan, although the right driver connector is still fine. So out of curiosity I opened my 9way and it looks like this20200508_140313.jpg20200508_140329.jpg20200508_140332.jpg20200508_141751.jpg

And worse, when Im on the process of getting the driver out I broke it while liberating it, bummer....20200508_141213.jpg20200508_141556.jpg

Welp....gotta buy a new one.

Attachments

• 20200508_140715.jpg
    20200508_140715.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
May 8, 2020 at 2:36 AM Post #221 of 351
So....the left side of my 9way has died on me, but this is probably my own fault since im constantly removing the cables out of them, I guess some mmcx connector have a shorter lifespan, although the right driver connector is still fine. So out of curiosity I opened my 9way and it looks like this20200508_140313.jpg20200508_140329.jpg20200508_140332.jpg20200508_141751.jpg

And worse, when Im on the process of getting the driver out I broke it while liberating it, bummer....20200508_141213.jpg20200508_141556.jpg

Welp....gotta buy a new one.

Sad to hear that friend.

The Ninetails ain't in production anymore apparently, I spoke to a few sellers. There's still stock on a few shops on Aliexpress and Penon I think, selling around $100 USD, but probably the last few pieces left.

It is a superbly unique set though.

May 8, 2020 at 3:31 AM Post #222 of 351
Sad to hear that friend.

The Ninetails ain't in production anymore apparently, I spoke to a few sellers. There's still stock on a few shops on Aliexpress and Penon I think, selling around $100 USD, but probably the last few pieces left.

It is a superbly unique set though.

I still have a known seller who sells the ninetails with 1000 pieces on stock so finding a new pair isnt a real problem for me. But I love it so much that I dont really need to try other iems right now so im buying it again.

May 13, 2020 at 12:22 AM Post #224 of 351
May 13, 2020 at 12:31 AM Post #225 of 351
Wow I hope it sounds as heavenly as its name LOL.

The price is a bit too much to do a blind purchase (considering it is a single DD), so will wait for reviews. Their recent releases, the EA electrostat flagship, P10 and 1Q had not many reviews.

I just hope they will show more technical details on this iem, Im kinda tempted to buy this one. But I have to see its freq response first, they might post it a couple of weeks later. If this has a similar tuning to Ninetails I might buy it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back