The Toneking discussion lounge
Jun 14, 2020 at 10:31 PM Post #241 of 351
So, what happened to all the Toneking fans?? No Lucifer buyers?
1592158762949.png
If Toneking doesn't send out samples and nobody buys one, does a Lucifer make sound? :yum:

got Lucifer on order from amazon (2 months shipping tho :cry:), gonna be here mid august, will post impressions once they get here :)

CNC wood chamber and plant fiber diaphragm material, was very fascinating to me (organic meterials), compared to metal/berylliulm/DLC/carbon nanofiber tht most other IEM companies r using

Jun 17, 2020 at 6:36 PM Post #242 of 351
TONEKING P10 - it's no planar. Speaker, which can be seen in the handset, not at all similar to Planar.

I got the headphones today. I was surprised by the click when I inserted the headphones into my ear. Planar does not click.
I took off the grid and saw that there was a regular speaker inside.
IMG_20200618_011916.jpg

Jun 17, 2020 at 7:44 PM Post #243 of 351
TONEKING P10 - it's no planar. Speaker, which can be seen in the handset, not at all similar to Planar.

I got the headphones today. I was surprised by the click when I inserted the headphones into my ear. Planar does not click.
I took off the grid and saw that there was a regular speaker inside.
to be fair, RHA CL2 are planar, and their driver has a small hole in metal plate just like that

the click is weird tho

edit: liked ur post to make both ur likes and # of posts 60

Last edited:
Jun 18, 2020 at 4:12 AM Post #244 of 351
and their driver has a small hole in metal plate just like that

The photo just can not see everything. Through the hole you can see the speaker - it's ordinary 1DD

Jun 18, 2020 at 5:33 AM Post #245 of 351
I was sent a photo of the P10 driver. He is strange...

p10.JPG

p10_2.JPG

Jun 18, 2020 at 6:58 AM Post #246 of 351
I was sent a photo of the P10 driver. He is strange...

20200618_065342.jpg

not saying i dont believe ya man, but could still be a planar

here r pics of RHA CL2 driver (can see the planar radial coil, RHA legit)

i guess the only way to tell for certain would be a driver teardown which would be kinda cool, but it would suk if advertised as planar and not :frowning2:

Last edited:
Jun 18, 2020 at 8:05 AM Post #247 of 351
20200618_065342.jpg
not saying i dont believe ya man, but could still be a planar

here r pics of RHA CL2 driver (can see the planar radial coil, RHA legit)

i guess the only way to tell for certain would be a driver teardown which would be kinda cool, but it would suk if advertised as planar and not :frowning2:

I've seen some hardcore folks in the other threads x-ray their IEMs to see what drivers are inside haha!

Not that i have access to such gear haha.

Jun 18, 2020 at 5:49 PM Post #249 of 351
Still loving my BL1 with electronic music, sound crosses over to a planar headphone experience out of PDV2 balanced with copper cabling. Almost like having an on-ear planar on the size of Koss Porta Pro.
Finally got the amount of damping (sponge from the retail box) in the nozzle right the other night (almost touching the 14mm driver), tames that treble and brings out the subs/mids from increased volume tolerance...no noticeable loss of resolution with volume increase compensation...turns out the red nozzle/frosted white tips were better than my spinfits and all other bought tip pairs etc....never thought to try stock tips till now as they are usually dire...planar IEMs SQ alters a LOT with eartips....without damping/tip-rolling/a powerful almost tubey balanced dac/amp and that small nudge from a different cable..stock form OOTB is pretty disappointing per reviews that killed any interest in this sleeper IEM....all my impressions with 'bleep/electronic music' which tends to have no real world tone to compare to as its artificially made...the subs tightness and depth can be pretty crazy....planar subs, 'when it's there it's there' type deal...not dynamic boosted farter subs.....dial this puppy !
11232579.jpg
I always go a bit further with my planar gear dialing as you can see from my avatar T50 (haha). About to get a removeable cups kit on my 1060c planar with a grill similar to a ToTL planar under it.

Hello mate, Ive been noticing that Toneking has been doing silent changes on the bl1, may i know the specification details of your bl1 from the box that came with it?

Jun 19, 2020 at 3:43 AM Post #250 of 351
The BL1 specs are all over the place, apparently they are 16/32 or 600-ohm depending on the seller.

Jun 19, 2020 at 3:45 AM Post #251 of 351
It is just the same unaltered IEM in my opinion.
Their impedence is 'something', FR is 'something' but am sure all units are uniform across sellers.

They like a good bit of juice...PDV2 and balanced pure copper cables hit the mark (tiny tiny nudge in right direction in overall presentation, not worth a cable DB8 about that) but PDV3 coming soon with hardware controls as PDV2 is at max volume in web browsers on macOS, unless you install browser volume plug-ins to bandcamp etc.
I also had to jam the sound port full of foam from the retail box to get a handle on that strident treble.
V2 of it is a great closed planar waiting to happen.

I found P10 lacking in separation/imaging regardless of which tech is inside it, raised subs yes, but little else to it IMO.
BL1 subs go down and down with the right tips and source synergy, not quantity-wise, just extension.

Planar IEM stuff great for dialing on hardware side, and parametric EQ at computer side.
Put the time in to unlock the beast according to your preferences...."chameleon-like"

Last edited:
Jun 19, 2020 at 4:01 AM Post #253 of 351
= Eartips/source/port damping...and dare I say 'balanced cable considerations' to have more headroom on portable gear where the balanced port has higher overall mWatts..= not straining the device at 95% volume on SE connection.
BL1 does not have much layering and my primary music is electronic so they may be tonally wonked for orchestral etc music.
They work for me and my music.

Last edited:
Jun 19, 2020 at 4:04 AM Post #254 of 351
Try Monoprice M350 with Audeze i4 EQ settings instead...?

Jun 19, 2020 at 4:16 AM Post #255 of 351
Alright, just finished talking to Tonekings Taobao page itself and they stated nothing has changed to the bl1, he also describe the difference of bl1 to the new lucifer.

Screenshot_20200619-160959.pngScreenshot_20200619-161237.png

So its 20-45khz and 24ohms then.

Right now Im asking why they stopped 9way production and they said the shells are so hard to produce so a revised edition is on the making.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back