The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon, CyberX, Qpad Thread
Oct 1, 2013 at 7:22 PM Post #1,006 of 4,701

I don't like using eq-ing normally, but on mine HI2050 I've found a lot of lack in bass (they currently have more than 100 hours of usage). I wouldn't call myself a bass-head (for example the bass on ATH-M50 is too much for me), but on my pair of HI2050 bass is pretty low in amplitude. I've found +4dB at around 40-60Hz region brings up a bass decently without messing up the perfect midrange, and still it's nowhere near powerful bass on M50. 

ll try that now, back to backing with dt 990 pro, but I dont miss the bass on the Takstar.

Oct 7, 2013 at 3:18 AM Post #1,008 of 4,701
Hello everyone, I'm a newbie for heaphone & DAC/Amp stuff. I bought the Takstar TS-671 (because my friend suggest it), now I'm in the middle of burning it. i've a few questions I wanna ask...

1. How long do burn in process considered done?
2. When I try to hear it right after unboxing, I feel that the high are TOO high to the point that it was uncomfortable. Is it because that I never use headphones or it is just like that and after burning process, it'll be normal ?
3. Right now I haven't have an amp/dac. I'm about to buy a Fiio E17. Do you guys suggest otherwise?
4. I'm buying this TS-671 for gaming & the possibility of enjoying music too... But then I read that it's more suitable for orchestra, classical, and jazz... Whereas I love Electronic Music such as House & Trance. Though I love classic music second to EDM :wink:
So, should I stick with it and upgrade in the near future to something like Beyers DT880 250 ohm OR Sell it right away and buy something like Denon AH-D2000 / ATH M50 ?

Thanks before guys :)

Oct 7, 2013 at 3:50 AM Post #1,010 of 4,701
Hello everyone, I'm a newbie for heaphone & DAC/Amp stuff. I bought the Takstar TS-671 (because my friend suggest it), now I'm in the middle of burning it. i've a few questions I wanna ask...

2. When I try to hear it right after unboxing, I feel that the high are TOO high to the point that it was uncomfortable. Is it because that I never use headphones or it is just like that and after burning process, it'll be normal ?
3. Right now I haven't have an amp/dac. I'm about to buy a Fiio E17. Do you guys suggest otherwise?
4. I'm buying this TS-671 for gaming & the possibility of enjoying music too... But then I read that it's more suitable for orchestra, classical, and jazz... Whereas I love Electronic Music such as House & Trance. Though I love classic music second to EDM
wink.gif

So, should I stick with it and upgrade in the near future to something like Beyers DT880 250 ohm OR Sell it right away and buy something like Denon AH-D2000 / ATH M50 ?

Thanks before guys
smily_headphones1.gif

I have not heard the TS-671 but upon a quick search it seems to be on the bright side. perhaps you are sensitive to sibilance though usually after a couple of days of usage the sound does improve but not dramatically.

I am not sure if this is due to your brain adjusting to the sound or the gear improving. Perhaps try to pair it with a warm sounding amp like Fiio.

My advice, for your genre perhaps this is not the cans for you but do give it some more listening time before you decide.

Cheers!   

Oct 7, 2013 at 4:08 AM Post #1,011 of 4,701
Sell them and buy the takstar pro80. or one of the rebrands. with regards to the amp. try and see if you can find a used audinst mx1

Yeah that is what I'm gonna do originally... To sell it. But then I just got it lol.
Thanks for the suggestion, I'll look Audinst MX1 out :wink:

I have not heard the TS-671 but upon a quick search it seems to be on the bright side. perhaps you are sensitive to sibilance though usually after a couple of days of usage the sound does improve but not dramatically.

I am not sure if this is due to your brain adjusting to the sound or the gear improving. Perhaps try to pair it with a warm sounding amp like Fiio.

My advice, for your genre perhaps this is not the cans for you but do give it some more listening time before you decide.

Cheers!   

Yeah I guess I'm sensitive to it. Even now my ears are still slightly hurting. Yep, I'm gonna try the Fiio amp.
Yeah, I'll give it a few days then I'll decide after that. For my first cans, these are srsly frustrating lol. I didn't do serious research before I buy these cans, just based on what my seller & friend said. Try and error, at least now I learned something new.

Anw thanks for replying guys! :xf_eek:

Oct 7, 2013 at 5:37 AM Post #1,012 of 4,701
Yeah I guess I'm sensitive to it. Even now my ears are still slightly hurting. For my first cans, these are srsly frustrating lol.

Don't be disappointed, in this hobby we all make mistake at one point. Judging by your music preference TS-671 is indeed not a headphone for you. ATH M50 would be good choice for as they are less aggressive in treble region and with that mid-bass hump that you would probably like for your electronic music. They are far from perfect headphones, but I think they are extremely good introduction into the world of hi-fi music listening. Later, over time, your ears may develop desire for more details, and then trying headphones like TS-671 won't be such a shock. 

Oct 7, 2013 at 5:52 AM Post #1,013 of 4,701
Don't be disappointed, in this hobby we all make mistake at one point. Judging by your music preference TS-671 is indeed not a headphone for you. ATH M50 would be good choice for as they are less aggressive in treble region and with that mid-bass hump that you would probably like for your electronic music. They are far from perfect headphones, but I think they are extremely good introduction into the world of hi-fi music listening. Later, over time, your ears may develop desire for more details, and then trying headphones like TS-671 won't be such a shock. 

That is what I imagine I'll do next. Maybe I'll try the ATH M50 after this. I guess I'll have to take it step by step. I will keep my TS-671 for gaming since now I play FFXIV: ARR that have orchestra type soundtracks, so that at least I could reap a lil bit of benefit for my purchase :rolleyes:

How about taking those Beyers DT880 instead of ATH M50? That's like a quick shortcut right?

Thanks before :D

Oct 7, 2013 at 7:46 AM Post #1,014 of 4,701
There are some great eq settings in this thread. there is a noticable peak at 11k than really stands out for me.

eq settings I am playing with atm are...

2,094 Hz  Gain  -6.0 dB
10,990 Hz  Gain  -8.0 dB
7,096 Hz  Gain  -9.0 dB

Give that a try, I use a Parametric eq, but you can do similar with most.

Also tried boosting the 40-60hz range by 4db but having random success with this.

Oct 7, 2013 at 9:51 AM Post #1,015 of 4,701
There are some great eq settings in this thread. there is a noticable peak at 11k than really stands out for me.

eq settings I am playing with atm are...

2,094 Hz  Gain  -6.0 dB
10,990 Hz  Gain  -8.0 dB
7,096 Hz  Gain  -9.0 dB

Give that a try, I use a Parametric eq, but you can do similar with most.

Also tried boosting the 40-60hz range by 4db but having random success with this.

Oh boy, it's like I'm reading another language. I haven't fully understand audio world just yet. I'm going to study it first.

Oct 7, 2013 at 10:27 AM Post #1,016 of 4,701
In your favorite music player you should have an equalizer. if not, install j river media center or media monkey/winamp.

You can then apply these frequency adjustments to try and neutralize the headphone.

If you fancy a bit of reading up, there is an amazing equalizer called EqualizerAPO, its a text based config, but brilliant.

Oct 7, 2013 at 11:01 AM Post #1,019 of 4,701
Hello everyone, I'm a newbie for headphone & DAC/Amp stuff. I bought the Takstar TS-671 (because my friend suggest it), now I'm in the middle of burning it. I've a few questions I wanna ask...

4. I'm buying this TS-671 for gaming & the possibility of enjoying music too... But then I read that it's more suitable for orchestra, classical, and jazz... Whereas I love Electronic Music such as House & Trance. Though I love classic music second to EDM
wink.gif

Thanks before guys
smily_headphones1.gif

The Takstar TS-671 are 120-Ohm, so a headphone amplifier would need to be used to bring out it's best.
I'm hopeful that burning in will improve audio quality.
Are you gaming with a Windows PC, the an Asus Xonar DG sound card should help, $26 and there is a $10 mail in rebate this month.
I think it's too early to decide on selling off the Takstar, really need to give it a little break in time and try it with an amplifier.

Oct 7, 2013 at 11:04 AM Post #1,020 of 4,701
Yeah that is what I'm gonna do originally... To sell it. But then I just got it lol.
Thanks for the suggestion, I'll look Audinst MX1 out
wink.gif

Yeah I guess I'm sensitive to it. Even now my ears are still slightly hurting. Yep, I'm gonna try the Fiio amp.
Yeah, I'll give it a few days then I'll decide after that. For my first cans, these are srsly frustrating lol. I didn't do serious research before I buy these cans, just based on what my seller & friend said. Try and error, at least now I learned something new.

Anw thanks for replying guys!
redface.gif

Do you have a receiver you could plug the TS-671 into, see if it improve the audio quality?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back