biggrin.gif

Aug 21, 2013 at 10:19 AM Post #947 of 4,701
Quote:

- superlux 681 evo
- takstar hd 6000
- takstar pro 80
- jvc ha-rx 700 or 900

comfort is a concern but don't mind aftermarket mods/pads

semi open or closed budget max 80$ + shipping (im in the eu )

I have them all except for the JVC, and the HD6000 is my current favorite, followed by the superlux, then pro 80. All 3 are great headphones.

Aug 21, 2013 at 11:19 AM Post #948 of 4,701
Two questions on the HD6000s:

1) Anyone whose listened to the HD6000s, also listened to the M50s? How do they compare against each other? Is there a clear winner? I've never actually listened to the M50s and I'm planning on buying one as a gift for a family member so could do with some useful insight if anyone's willing to share!

2) Anyone done the removable cable mod? How did it go? I'm planning on doing it so if no one else has, I'll provide details of how it went.

Thanks in advance guys!

Aug 21, 2013 at 5:46 PM Post #950 of 4,701
Quote:
I have them all except for the JVC, and the HD6000 is my current favorite, followed by the superlux, then pro 80. All 3 are great headphones.

thx for that info !!!

one more quick one :)

in terms of revealing bad recordings wich one reveals the least  , looking for the one most "forgiving"

Aug 23, 2013 at 11:26 AM Post #951 of 4,701
Here's a quick review for the Gemini HSR-1000 (Takstar Pro 80)

They got around 100 hours of burn-in and I'm running them with the Xonar DG. The only comparison I can make is with the CALs which are pretty decent too. Sadly I don't have any of the more expensive models because I'm always looking for budget cans.

Build quality: These cans don't look or feel like 50$ headphones. They feel sturdy and there's no noise from the moving parts (the CALs have a squeaking noise), the plastic seems to be of a good quality and the aluminium frames speak for themselves. The only annoying thing is the coiled cable, but that's just me. 
Score: 5/5

Comfort and isolation: Coming from the extremely lightweight CALs, these headphones weigh a bit more but they're extremely comfortable. The (p)leather pads are really comfy and don't generate too much heat when you wear them for a longer period of time. That being said, the only problem is that I almost fully stretched out the frame to fit my head and I've got a medium sized head so people with bigger heads might have problems. They block most of the outside noise and they pretty much don't leak sound at all. 
Score: 5/5

Sound: The best part of these headphones. For the price I paid I still can't believe that they sound so good. I had a chance to try a few 200$ headphones for a short while and I still consider these ones more impressive when you first put them on. The bass on them isn't as punchy as I would like it to be (I prefer just a bit more punch to the bass for some tracks) but they reach pretty low and the clarity is amazing. Mids are also a big step up from the CALs giving a LOT more detailed sound, vocals sound amazing and a bit more in your face which I prefer. Highs are extremely good, you can hear the details but not in a harsh and over-pronounced way and the clarity is also very good. The soundstage is pretty impressive for a closed can and I have no problems hearing sounds coming from different directions, especially in FPS games. All in all if they had just a tiny bit more punch in the bass they would be perfect, but that's just nitpicking considering it's a 50$ headphone.
Score: 4.5/5

I run them on exciter mode through the Xonar DG and they're at least 2-3x better than CALs at a lower price. I guess they can stand up to some higher priced models too.

Aug 23, 2013 at 12:56 PM Post #952 of 4,701
Quote:
 All in all if they had just a tiny bit more punch in the bass they would be perfect, but that's just nitpicking considering it's a 50$ headphone.
Score: 4.5/5

I run them on exciter mode through the Xonar DG and they're at least 2-3x better than CALs at a lower price. I guess they can stand up to some higher priced models too.

The HD6000 has that extra bass, and is even more refined in the mids and highs, maybe even slightly more laid back there than the Pro 80. Well worth the $90, and probably my second best headphone I have under my HE-500.

Aug 31, 2013 at 11:30 AM Post #958 of 4,701
Quote:
Looking to buy one of the following: HD6000, Pro80 or MDR V6 which is the best overall quality headphone of these three?  Thanks for your suggestions.

Note: Amp will not be used

I think the MDR V6 is more of a clinical sounding can, between the Pro-80 and HD 6000 looks like the latter has a more bass and portability. depends really on what music you listen to.

I have the Pro-80 and really impressed with the build and SQ for the price I paid for it.

Aug 31, 2013 at 3:11 PM Post #959 of 4,701
I listen to mainly rock bands such as Oasis Red Hot Chilli Peppers and Coldplay with a bit of rap/hiphop and electronic. I want the headphones to be able to play a wide range of music well. I'm not much of a bass head but I would like them to be able to sound lively when listening to rap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back