The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon, CyberX, Qpad Thread
Aug 8, 2013 at 8:34 AM Post #931 of 4,701
Quote:
Both pads are velour so comfort should be similar but I don't have both so I can't say for sure. I have the hpt990s, I found the coiled cable annoying and lopped it off shortly. modded it for a detachable cable. the headphones do run small, I wear a 7 1/2 cap and I'm about halfway up the forks. Most other headphones, I barely extend them at all, so bigger heads will have issues.

Thanks for the reply MrEleventy. I found a 7 1/2 hat which is actually a little big for me so these should fit fine, do the ear pads cover your ears completely?

Could anyone who has the 2050's comment on the size and if the ear cups cover your ears completely. I assume the 2050/990's are the same size but I'm learning toward the 2050's because I don't want to deal with the coiled cable.

One more thing I forgot to ask in my last post was about durability. I think claus said he had the 2050 for over 2 years and they still worked fine if I remember correctly. Has anyone had any durability issues with the 2050/990's? I know people said they were impressed with the build quality but after having them for a little bit anyone have any issues? Thanks for the help.

Aug 8, 2013 at 9:20 AM Post #932 of 4,701
Thanks for the reply MrEleventy. I found a 7 1/2 hat which is actually a little big for me so these should fit fine, do the ear pads cover your ears completely?

Could anyone who has the 2050's comment on the size and if the ear cups cover your ears completely. I assume the 2050/990's are the same size but I'm learning toward the 2050's because I don't want to deal with the coiled cable.

One more thing I forgot to ask in my last post was about durability. I think claus said he had the 2050 for over 2 years and they still worked fine if I remember correctly. Has anyone had any durability issues with the 2050/990's? I know people said they were impressed with the build quality but after having them for a little bit anyone have any issues? Thanks for the help.
Oh, oops. Forgot to address the cup size concern. :) But yeah, it's over-ears. They have the same size pads as the Shure Srh840/940. I've had my set since Feb and I've used it outside when I go for walks in the morning. I've dropped them two or three times from my bed, about 2 or 3 ft up and they survived nicely. I wouldn't worry about build/durability.

Aug 8, 2013 at 9:24 AM Post #933 of 4,701
Quote:
Short summary of HD6000 and pro80 comparsion :
- pro80 are delicate
- hd6000 have more bass (kind of immersive, but i think that it dimished a little with time), and slightly more treble
- the quality of build of hd6000 is amazing (however they are not for persons with large heads, similarly as pro80)
- hd6000 has amazing sound separation from the outside world, you cannot basically here persons making conversation nearby, and basically, you can put the volumn quite loud, and very little leaks out
The one imprefect thing is a narrow sound stage, with that sound quality you would like it to extend further out of your head.

I like the delicacy of pro80, and I actually use them a lot (in work); hd6000 were kind of left in my house, where I use have more confortable headphones (for larger heads and open); so I've actually never compared them side by side.

I'm really liking the HD6000. I can't tell if the treble is boosted, or just clearer on them over the Pro 80.

My sis tapped my shoulder while I was wearing the HD6000 and scared the crap out of me. Great noise cancelling for sure.

The soundstage is very good for a closed headphone, but not as good as some of the better open ones. Nice punchy bass, not overdone. 

Aug 11, 2013 at 2:02 AM Post #934 of 4,701
How badly do the Takstar-Hi2050s leak sound?
My usual pair of portables broke and I was thinking of just using my Takstars as my portables, but major sound leakage concerns me. I don't really know how i'd be able to test it out myself.

Aug 11, 2013 at 5:05 PM Post #938 of 4,701
Quote:
All right, I found an used HD2000 for only 28$ here in Indonesia
This will be my temporary headphone while I'm waiting for Takstar HD6000 maybe for next 2-3 months

+1 for the HD2000. Like other Takstar models, they're very popular among sound professionals. No wonder there are about a dozen rebrands available around the world.
The HD6000 will be my next upgrade too.

To HD6000 owners:
It looks like the HD6000 can be used as a portable headphone too.
I've found this picture:

iPad+HD6000 without a portable amplifier.
How do they sound unamped? Thanks for your reply.

Aug 13, 2013 at 6:31 AM Post #940 of 4,701
My HD2000 is coming tomorrow, can't wait to pair it with my Fiio E17 + Galaxy S4 combo 
L3000.gif

Aug 14, 2013 at 8:15 PM Post #941 of 4,701
So since I'm on vacation my only source of music is my old, trusty HTC Wildfire which isn't the best reference but I have no choice. Right off the bat the Takstar Pro 80's sounded amazing. The bass has clarity and depth, the mids are much better than on my CALs and the highs are detailed but not too sharp. I'm hearing new subtle sounds I never heard before. It's pretty amazing that these cans are a lot better on the wildfire than my CALs on the Xonar DG. The build quality is extremely solid, and for 50$ I don't think it gets better than this. I'm pretty sure these will improve a lot when I plug them in the Xonar DG after some. burn-in. I'm just not sure what option to choose in the unified xonar drivers for these cans, the pro gaming or exciter mode...?

Aug 20, 2013 at 1:08 PM Post #942 of 4,701
Well my Hd6000s got delivered yesterday.

So far, I'm just gonna pretty much echo the opinions posted so far, they are definitely bass head headphones! My old headphones were the Incipio f38s which were great with the highs and mid ranges but not so much with the low end. Suffice to say, the bad kicks in nice and deep although not too muddy. These are awesome for genres like electro or dubstep.

Also they are definitely not for big heads. My head is slightly larger then average and they just about manage to sit on my head.

The insulation and comfort is brilliant though. Can hardly hear outside noise. Soundstage is a bit small, although I'm hoping that it opens up a bit with burn in.

In terms of amping, I have an E6 and was planning on ordering an E11 to go with this. Promptly changed my mind after taking delivery. They do benefit slightly with amping although they would still work fine unamped unlike my f38s. My E6 is fine to drive these and unlike on the f38s, I don't need to run them on the bass preset (blue light).

Would highly recommend these and I still haven't even burned them in yet!

Anyone need any further info, feel free to ask me, I check this thread regularly.

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk 4

Aug 20, 2013 at 9:32 PM Post #943 of 4,701
Ssssooooo

I've been reading this thread and other threads on budget choices  (superluxes, htf600, somics, efi,ha rx700, ....) for what seems like an eternity now

and guess what ..... can't make up my damned mind ..

Was hoping you guys/girls would be willing to give me a bit of advice.

I listen to:

mostly electronic music (bass quality and impact is important)
some acoustic and classic rock 
+ a lot of low quality audio streams and such (so something that doesn't reveal every little detail would be nice)

I have a vintage ss amp sitting behind me so no problems there :)

so far I think I've cut it down to this 

- superlux 681 evo
- takstar hd 6000
- takstar pro 80
- jvc ha-rx 700 or 900

comfort is a concern but don't mind aftermarket mods/pads

semi open or closed budget max 80$ + shipping (im in the eu )

Aug 21, 2013 at 12:18 AM Post #944 of 4,701
I have both the Takstar Hi-2050 and the Pro-80. For acoustic, the 2050 would be your best bet due to the brighter presentation but for bass it goes without saying closed is the way to go so that would be the Pro-80s but it is a bit dark. Both are very comfortable and well built, though I changed my Pro-80s stock pads to HM5 pads and stuffed the padding to made it plushier and very satisfied with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back