The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon, CyberX, Qpad Thread
Jan 21, 2013 at 5:35 AM Post #526 of 4,697
from what i read they are the same spec wise just different designs...

the hi 2050 has a bigger soundstage so it varies in what you want and the opinions in this thread differ

I am sorry but I am not very familiar with the audio technical jargon, so unsure of the word "soundstage" by soundstage do you mean it leaks more sound? Which is fine, I want to know which overall sounds better. Whats the more favorable out of the two and why.

Also how do I find out what I want? :p

Jan 21, 2013 at 7:20 AM Post #527 of 4,697
When listening to the music, you can imagine you have a stage with musicians in front of you. Soundstage is how you feel it, large or not, deep or not, high or not.

If you feel uncomfortable with some terms, check the glossary.

Jan 21, 2013 at 12:57 PM Post #528 of 4,697
Quote:
update update...
I found the pro 80 for $75 shipped from ebay. should I take it or get the hi 2050? I am over the closed and open privacy debate. I now want the best sound? I think the Open hi 2050 is better then the pro 80?
rolleyes.gif

I recently received my Pro80 from eBay, $80 shipped. No matter how you look at it, it's a good deal. The Pro80 provide a good amount of sound isolation, so nobody will hear your music, and you won't hear outside noises very often. The 2050 is open, so there is little to no isolation. I can't comment on how the 2050 sounds, but from reading the entire thread a couple of weeks ago, it seems like the Pro80 is the more popular choice. Bass, isolation, comfort, sound quality and a carrying case on top of it all... That's what led me toward the Pro80. They are solid. I'm about 18ish hours into listening to them, and they reveal a lot of details in songs that I have never heard before. Pretty cool. I say, get what you want though. If you like velour and an open sound, the 2050 would be the choice to have. However, if you want more isolation, plushy leatherette pads and a more closed sound, go for the Pro80. But hey, that's just my opinion.

Jan 21, 2013 at 5:49 PM Post #529 of 4,697
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggbenn74 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I say, get what you want though. If you like velour and an open sound, the 2050 would be the choice to have. However, if you want more isolation, plushy leatherette pads and a more closed sound, go for the Pro80. But hey, that's just my opinion.

Amen to that. So, I think we finally dealt with question old as a world itself: "What is better, an egg...sorry I meant hi-2050 or the chick... gosh... Pro80?  There is no need for shooting now, we can live in peace... forever.

Jan 21, 2013 at 7:05 PM Post #531 of 4,697
I recently received my Pro80 from eBay, $80 shipped. No matter how you look at it, it's a good deal. The Pro80 provide a good amount of sound isolation, so nobody will hear your music, and you won't hear outside noises very often. The 2050 is open, so there is little to no isolation. I can't comment on how the 2050 sounds, but from reading the entire thread a couple of weeks ago, it seems like the Pro80 is the more popular choice. Bass, isolation, comfort, sound quality and a carrying case on top of it all... That's what led me toward the Pro80. They are solid. I'm about 18ish hours into listening to them, and they reveal a lot of details in songs that I have never heard before. Pretty cool. I say, get what you want though. If you like velour and an open sound, the 2050 would be the choice to have. However, if you want more isolation, plushy leatherette pads and a more closed sound, go for the Pro80. But hey, that's just my opinion.

great points, do you own both? however are closed headphones capable to delivering sound as good as a open head phone such as the Hi 2050? That's something to think about. Everybody seems to say the Hi 2050 has a larger sound stage while the Pro has better bass. Anyway I am still thinking about it, I think I may be able to get them both for around $100 - $110 shipped, but then again I dont need 2 headphones, I need 1 headphone..options and options..hmmm

Amen to that. So, I think we finally dealt with question old as a world itself: "What is better, an egg...sorry I meant hi-2050 or the chick... gosh... Pro80?  There is no need for shooting now, we can live in peace... forever.

I still want to hear some more feedback before I decide to holster my weapon for good. You know how trigger happy I am. :D

Jan 21, 2013 at 8:09 PM Post #532 of 4,697
Birdman, seriously what more can anyone tell you. At some point you have to make a decision. It's not like we are talking about thousands of dollars here. Do you want someone to make a decision for you?

cubdog

Jan 22, 2013 at 12:08 AM Post #536 of 4,697
Quote:
Does the 2050 have a somewhat of a sound signature like the DT990? 

I guess you could say fairly close, but not exactly like.
The Hi2050 might be somewhat closer to the DT880 sound.

Jan 22, 2013 at 12:22 AM Post #537 of 4,697
The DT990 is very heavy in the bass range. I take your comment meaning more balanced then. I had to send back the DT990 since it was kind of weak in output and bass is way too colored.

Jan 22, 2013 at 12:24 AM Post #538 of 4,697
Quote:
The DT990 is very heavy in the bass range. I take your comment meaning more balanced then. I had to send back the DT990 since it was kind of weak in output and bass is way too colored.

'Balanced" sounds right.

Jan 22, 2013 at 1:08 AM Post #539 of 4,697
I guess you could say fairly close, but not exactly like.
The Hi2050 might be somewhat closer to the DT880 sound.

Would you consider the Pro 80 an improvement in sound compared to the open 2050? They may have a smaller sound stage but overall even tho they are closed, they do perform slightly better don't they? With the added benefit of them having leather pads, noise isolating & completely black? :D

If the 2050 is closer to DT880's sound, what would you compare the Pro 80's sound with?

Jan 22, 2013 at 1:34 AM Post #540 of 4,697
Quote:
Would you consider the Pro 80 an improvement in sound compared to the open 2050? They may have a smaller sound stage but overall even tho they are closed, they do perform slightly better don't they? With the added benefit of them having leather pads, noise isolating & completely black?
biggrin.gif

If the 2050 is closer to DT880's sound, what would you compare the Pro 80's sound with?

Judging by the frequency response the Pro80's will sound like the 2050 but with more bass compare

with

Users who are viewing this thread

Back