The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon, CyberX, Qpad Thread
Jan 19, 2013 at 3:21 PM Post #511 of 4,701
Claus! 

My Takstar HI-2050's arrived yesterday.    I think I ordered them just after New Year's Day so 15-17 days for delivery.   Not bad.

I want to thank you for helping me be aware of these.    I think they're fantastic headphones and the steal of the decade for $52 delivered!   To me, they sound like 4X the price!

I've been burning them in for almost 24 hours now and they are really sweet!    I fell asleep yesterday when listening to them.   You just can't do that with a headphone that annoys you.

I find them very well balanced sonically, well built, and comfortable.  Anyone reading this and wondering if they're worth the money -- well THEY ARE!    They're a really nice match for my Bravo amp.

I practically know every note to "Jazz At The Pawnshop" which is a live recording.   On these I can hear all the background stuff and the instruments have the weight and fullness they should.  

Mark

Jan 19, 2013 at 3:47 PM Post #512 of 4,701
Quote:
Claus! 

My Takstar HI-2050's arrived yesterday.    I think I ordered them just after New Year's Day so 15-17 days for delivery.   Not bad.

I want to thank you for helping me be aware of these.    I think they're fantastic headphones and the steal of the decade for $52 delivered!   To me, they sound like 4X the price!

Mind telling me where to order these for that price?

Jan 19, 2013 at 4:12 PM Post #513 of 4,701
Quote:
Claus! 

I've been burning them in for almost 24 hours now and they are really sweet!    I fell asleep yesterday when listening to them.   You just can't do that with a headphone that annoys you.

I find them very well balanced sonically, well built, and comfortable.  Anyone reading this and wondering if they're worth the money -- well THEY ARE!    They're a really nice match for my Bravo amp.

I practically know every note to "Jazz At The Pawnshop" which is a live recording.   On these I can hear all the background stuff and the instruments have the weight and fullness they should.  

Mark

Thanks..

Jan 19, 2013 at 4:38 PM Post #515 of 4,701
Quote:
@ zest and claus. So you feel the Hi 2050's velvet pads are is not as comfortable as the leather Pro80's? They are icchy? still debating if I should get one or both.

what about an AMP? You guys using the HA INFO? Suggest any beginner AMP/DAC's to go with these?
:http://www.head-fi.org/t/646953/looking-to-buy-a-good-beginer-headphone-amp-dac

The velvet pads are fine for the price, but they're not as soft as those from famous brand. You can get some budget DAC/Amp on ebay, Aune T1 is a nice one.

Quote:
how heavy are these cans, the open one specifically.  I don't like heavy headphones.  can someone compare them to dt770, d2000, or ad700?

According to the specs, HI 2050  weight 325g, it doesn't really feel heavy, it is more than my HD580, but the build is also more solid.

Quote:

http://www.mp4nation.net/brainwavz-hm5-spare-earpad-1pc

Thanks Peter, I thought they were for another model, I own a Fischer FA-003, I'll try its pads with the 2050.

Quote:
I am sorry your head is 7"? my head is around 23". however eyebrow to eyebrow it becomes 6 1/2 inches. anyway I like to think I have a small or medium sized head. actually after hearing what you say now I want to get the Hi 2050 again
tongue.gif
Actually I have a solution, all these years I wasn't even sure what type of headphones I used, the Takstar 800's I had were quite loud...

so could anyone tell me if the Takstar TS 819 is a open, semi open or closed headphone? cant find much on it on the internet?

Looks like it's not on Takstar site anymore, on the picture, the cups are not open, but I can see some holes/vents around the Takstar logo, I would say this headphone is semi-open.

Jan 19, 2013 at 6:51 PM Post #519 of 4,701
The velvet pads are fine for the price, but they're not as soft as those from famous brand. You can get some budget DAC/Amp on ebay, Aune T1 is a nice one.

Looks like it's not on Takstar site anymore, on the picture, the cups are not open, but I can see some holes/vents around the Takstar logo, I would say this headphone is semi-open.

I also didn't find it on Takstar's site but I did find bits and pieces of information last night on the internet mostly from retailers, its still on sale from that China website.

Its a real nice headphone, had it for a while now and it only costs ¥88.00 so around $15.
http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.10.55.FVZaKx&id=5534340028 t << this is the link :)

I also think its a semi open headphone, there are about 10 rectangular holes around the Takstar logo, however the grey rubber surface closes on top of it with small rubber tabs leaving a very small space open, maybe 1mm. anyway now that you mention I think they do leak quite a bit of noise, although I was rarely disturbed by outside noise by it. I just re realized at full throttle I could hear it a good 3m maybe 4m away, yesterday I did an experiment by placing a pillow in between to "simulate" my head, and it did leak quite a bit of noise. Probably not audible is I close the door but if I leave it open then its pretty audible, like a mini speaker. So most likely they are indeed semi open, won't you guys agree?

Anyway, I still need a headphone with volume control, I like that amp you posted however an amp won't help me change the volume when I'm sitting 20 feet away while playing music or games. Yes I play games too and want to change the volume instantly without having to change it in the system and going through all that crap a volume controller can be very handy. what can I do about that?

Jan 19, 2013 at 9:03 PM Post #520 of 4,701
Quote:
I also didn't find it on Takstar's site but I did find bits and pieces of information last night on the internet mostly from retailers, its still on sale from that China website.

Its a real nice headphone, had it for a while now and it only costs ¥88.00 so around $15.
http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.10.55.FVZaKx&id=5534340028 t << this is the link
smily_headphones1.gif

I also think its a semi open headphone, there are about 10 rectangular holes around the Takstar logo, however the grey rubber surface closes on top of it with small rubber tabs leaving a very small space open, maybe 1mm. anyway now that you mention I think they do leak quite a bit of noise, although I was rarely disturbed by outside noise by it. I just re realized at full throttle I could hear it a good 3m maybe 4m away, yesterday I did an experiment by placing a pillow in between to "simulate" my head, and it did leak quite a bit of noise. Probably not audible is I close the door but if I leave it open then its pretty audible, like a mini speaker. So most likely they are indeed semi open, won't you guys agree?

Anyway, I still need a headphone with volume control, I like that amp you posted however an amp won't help me change the volume when I'm sitting 20 feet away while playing music or games. Yes I play games too and want to change the volume instantly without having to change it in the system and going through all that crap a volume controller can be very handy. what can I do about that?

I think your basic problem is that good quality headphones and inline volume controls really do not compute. Just sticking a cheap ganged potentiometer (as most cheap headphones that offer this facility do) is going to create problems like impedance mismatches and noise/stereo imbalance from the crappy resistance tracks. It ain't gonna be hifi no mo'. In the 70s I had a pair of Realistic (anything but) cans with volume sliders on the side of each cup. You don't see those any more for a good reason....

You might get somewhere using one of those iPod Nano sized Fiio battery amps inline, but suffer from having to charge it every so often.  Also +/- buttons are never as good as rotary controls,

I have the Pro 80s by the way because I use them at work and isolation is essential. Also an Objective 2 amp which is battery/mains with a high qulaity rotary volume control which is very convenient, so I can recognise your need - but the amp cost approx 2x the price of the Pro80s. I am sure there are other similar battery amp options, the Fiio prob the smallest and cheapest,

Cheers,
Gary

Jan 19, 2013 at 9:45 PM Post #521 of 4,701
Quote:

Nice to hear that you're happy with your purchase.

As to everybody that buys the Pro80 I would recommend you as well to look into the Brainwavz HM5 pads (sold at mp4nation), They're a perect fit and a good deal thicker than the stock pads.

Looking forward to hear more impressions rom you,

Thanks! I ordered the HM5 pads, still have not received them. Anyway, I'm about 10 hours in, and all I can say is these pick up every minute detail in every well recorded song. Loving them. Only 90ish hours till the full review! :)

Jan 20, 2013 at 7:07 PM Post #522 of 4,701
So how about I get a retro amp like these for a few bucks from a garage sale and use them to drive my headphones ? They have pre amp / dac built into them. Sound should be better then what I get with my sound card or most ebay stuff? and I can control the volume too.

Jan 20, 2013 at 10:27 PM Post #523 of 4,701
update update...
I found the pro 80 for $75 shipped from ebay. should I take it or get the hi 2050? I am over the closed and open privacy debate. I now want the best sound? I think the Open hi 2050 is better then the pro 80? :rolleyes:

Jan 21, 2013 at 4:03 AM Post #524 of 4,701
Quote:
So how about I get a retro amp like these for a few bucks from a garage sale and use them to drive my headphones ? They have pre amp / dac built into them. Sound should be better then what I get with my sound card or most ebay stuff? and I can control the volume too.

That should be fine, although I have no problem amping them with my laptop

Jan 21, 2013 at 5:01 AM Post #525 of 4,701
Quote:
update update...
I found the pro 80 for $75 shipped from ebay. should I take it or get the hi 2050? I am over the closed and open privacy debate. I now want the best sound? I think the Open hi 2050 is better then the pro 80?
rolleyes.gif

from what i read they are the same spec wise just different designs...

the hi 2050 has a bigger soundstage so it varies in what you want and the opinions in this thread differ

Users who are viewing this thread

Back