The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon, CyberX, Qpad Thread
Jan 18, 2013 at 10:56 PM Post #496 of 4,701
@ zest and claus. So you feel the Hi 2050's velvet pads are is not as comfortable as the leather Pro80's? They are icchy? still debating if I should get one or both.

what about an AMP? You guys using the HA INFO? Suggest any beginner AMP/DAC's to go with these?
:http://www.head-fi.org/t/646953/looking-to-buy-a-good-beginer-headphone-amp-dac

Quote:
Now I am scared to recommend one, what if you do not like them ??
Will you burn down my house and steal my car ??

no, claus. most likely I will poison my mother, put her body inside your car along with your entire audio geek collection and then set your car ablaze and push it off a cliff to make people think you are dead or most likely committed suicide. Then I will torture you in a dungeon and make you listen to lady gaga.

Jan 19, 2013 at 12:12 AM Post #499 of 4,701
Quote:
@ zest and claus. So you feel the Hi 2050's velvet pads are is not as comfortable as the leather Pro80's? They are icchy? still debating if I should get one or both.

I like the feel of the Pro 80's leather ear pads over the Hi2050's Velour ear pads.
The quality of the Hi2050's Velour ear pads is not as good a quality as Beyerdynamic Velour ear pads.
But I do think the hi2050s Velours are about as a good an ear pad as one could expect for the low price of the Hi2050s.

Jan 19, 2013 at 1:16 AM Post #500 of 4,701
Quote:
I like the feel of the Pro 80's leather ear pads over the Hi2050's Velour ear pads.
The quality of the Hi2050's Velour ear pads is not as good a quality as Beyerdynamic Velour ear pads.
But I do think the hi2050s Velours are about as a good an ear pad as one could expect for the low price of the Hi2050s.

Then Pro80's it is. Besides, its closed for private listening and I like its black finish too, and since you guys say they feel more comfortable and better sounding, why not. Really excited now that I am going to get my first pair of REAL headphones. I did find a used Beyerodynamics DT990/600ohm for around $320 but then again they are open so..yeah.

Any chance I could buy your P80's from you (or anybody else here?) that is if you dont want to keep it. :D

Just tryin my luck before I go looking around ebay..

are there any amps you suggest I get or maybe I should just stick to my PC audio sound card?
http://www.head-fi.org/t/646953/looking-to-buy-a-good-beginer-headphone-amp-dac

Jan 19, 2013 at 1:38 AM Post #501 of 4,701
Quote:

Then Pro80's it is. Besides, its closed for private listening and I like its black finish too, and since you guys say they feel more comfortable and better sounding, why not. Really excited now that I am going to get my first pair of REAL headphones. I did find a used Beyerodynamics DT990/600ohm for around $320 but then again they are open so..yeah.

Any chance I could buy your P80's from you (or anybody else here?) that is if you dont want to keep it. :D

are there any amps you suggest I get or maybe I should just stick to my PC audio sound card?

Your welcome to take my Pro 80s from my cold dead ears.

The Aus Xonar DG or DGX sound cards are decent and a good value.

Jan 19, 2013 at 1:52 AM Post #502 of 4,701
Quote:

The best deal new would be to get the Gemini HSR-1000 (which is the same as the Pro 80), which is available at Amazon right now for 76.89.

I'm still patiently awaiting my HI-2050, although with all of the recent posts from people receiving their Takstar headphones, I'm starting to lose that patience!

Jan 19, 2013 at 2:42 AM Post #503 of 4,701
The best deal new would be to get the Gemini HSR-1000 (which is the same as the Pro 80), which is available at Amazon right now for 76.89.

I'm still patiently awaiting my HI-2050, although with all of the recent posts from people receiving their Takstar headphones, I'm starting to lose that patience!

nah amazon only ships within the us for free.

why did you chose the hi 2050 over the pro 80?

Jan 19, 2013 at 2:48 AM Post #504 of 4,701
Quote:
nah amazon only ships within the us for free.

why did you chose the hi 2050 over the pro 80?

Wanted an open headphone with decent soundstage and that was comfortable (have a modded grado sr60 which I like but can't stand to wear for more than a half hour).  Some people said that the hi 2050 is more comfortable than the pro 80 if you have a larger head.  It was also about 35 dollars cheaper to get a hi 2050 (got one for $45).  

Of course, if I keep hearing great stuff about the pro 80, I'll probably get that next.  

Jan 19, 2013 at 3:11 AM Post #505 of 4,701
Interesting, If you don't mind me asking, how did you mod your grado sr60? Also how do you measure your head? what is defined big? Do I take a tape and measure my head? I'm serious :D

anyway so what do you think would be the biggest difference between the open headphones and closed ones. I really don't think your hi 2050 can block any outside noise, even in your house or if you have flatmates like I do, you can hear crap, cars maybe? and birds bees and all the other crap. anyway good luck.

Your welcome to take my Pro 80s from my cold dead ears.

The Aus Xonar DG or DGX sound cards are decent and a good value.

You keep watching the skies pal, you said it not me, One of these days, the Birdbrainz will kill you by repeatedly picking on your head :ph34r:

BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII­IIIIIIRDMAN Aaawayyy!

Jan 19, 2013 at 3:41 AM Post #506 of 4,701
Quote:
Interesting, If you don't mind me asking, how did you mod your grado sr60? Also how do you measure your head? what is defined big? Do I take a tape and measure my head? I'm serious
biggrin.gif

anyway so what do you think would be the biggest difference between the open headphones and closed ones. I really don't think your hi 2050 can block any outside noise, even in your house or if you have flatmates like I do, you can hear crap, cars maybe? and birds bees and all the other crap. anyway good luck.
You keep watching the skies pal, you said it not me, One of these days, the Birdbrainz will kill you by repeatedly picking on your head
ph34r.gif

BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII­IIIIIIRDMAN Aaawayyy!

I performed a few of the mods from the thread started by Bilavideo.  I did the silk veil removal, the hole punch, felt on the back of the driver.  More recently, after the original pads wore out, I got bowl pads and did the electrical tape mod on their circumference.  I thought the modding was fun.  I don't recall the original sound of the headphones, but now they are pretty good.    
http://www.head-fi.org/t/508459/sr60-mod

Certainly you could go by baseball cap size for a guess if your head is large (mine is about 7 1/2 inches).  This is just your head circumference about 1/2 an inch above your eyebrows.  All I know is that I had to stretch my Jaycar headphones to about the max to get a loose enough fit.  So either I have a reasonably large head for headphones or I dislike clamping force.  

Finally, if you want isolation, you should probably go with the pro 80's.  For the most part my office is quiet enough for it not to matter, but I do have my Jaycars there as well if external noise is an issue.   

Jan 19, 2013 at 3:55 AM Post #507 of 4,701
I performed a few of the mods from the thread started by Bilavideo.  I did the silk veil removal, the hole punch, felt on the back of the driver.  More recently, after the original pads wore out, I got bowl pads and did the electrical tape mod on their circumference.  I thought the modding was fun.  I don't recall the original sound of the headphones, but now they are pretty good.    
http://www.head-fi.org/t/508459/sr60-mod

Certainly you could go by baseball cap size for a guess if your head is large (mine is about 7 1/2 inches).  This is just your head circumference about 1/2 an inch above your eyebrows.  All I know is that I had to stretch my Jaycar headphones to about the max to get a loose enough fit.  So either I have a reasonably large head for headphones or I dislike clamping force.  

Finally, if you want isolation, you should probably go with the pro 80's.  For the most part my office is quiet enough for it not to matter, but I do have my Jaycars there as well if external noise is an issue.   

I am sorry your head is 7"? my head is around 23". however eyebrow to eyebrow it becomes 6 1/2 inches. anyway I like to think I have a small or medium sized head. actually after hearing what you say now I want to get the Hi 2050 again :p Actually I have a solution, all these years I wasn't even sure what type of headphones I used, the Takstar 800's I had were quite loud...

so could anyone tell me if the Takstar TS 819 is a open, semi open or closed headphone? cant find much on it on the internet?

also why is everybody here against adding / transplanting a volume controller from my broken takstar to the 2050 or pro80? dont you people see how convenient it is? more importantly why doesn't the higher end headphones come with a controller. I mean I am sure if they can make fast processors and gizmos they can make a refined high end technology to change sound levels at the finger tip and not having to use your mouse or amp when you are sitting 20 feet away?

edit: this is my takstar ts 819's, 40mm, speakers 200mW , 32 Ohm 102dB. served me well, open, semi open or closed, I dont know, it may however influence my decision.

Jan 19, 2013 at 4:18 AM Post #509 of 4,701
Quote:
I am sorry your head is 7"? my head is around 23". however eyebrow to eyebrow it becomes 6 1/2 inches. anyway I like to think I have a small or medium sized head. actually after hearing what you say now I want to get the Hi 2050 again
tongue.gif
Actually I have a solution, all these years I wasn't even sure what type of headphones I used, the Takstar 800's I had were quite loud...

so could anyone tell me if the Takstar TS 819 is a open, semi open or closed headphone? cant find much on it on the internet?

also why is everybody here against adding / transplanting a volume controller from my broken takstar to the 2050 or pro80? dont you people see how convenient it is? more importantly why doesn't the higher end headphones come with a controller. I mean I am sure if they can make fast processors and gizmos they can make a refined high end technology to change sound levels at the finger tip and not having to use your mouse or amp when you are sitting 20 feet away?

edit: this is my takstar ts 819's, 40mm, speakers 200mW , 32 Ohm 102dB. served me well, open, semi open or closed, I dont know, it may however influence my decision.

Sorry about that, the circumference tells you what size hat you need.  I wear a size 7 1/2, which is a 23 1/2 inch circumference.  So it seems like your head is a little bit smaller than mine.  
http://www.strictlyfitteds.com/blog/sizing-chart/

Jan 19, 2013 at 11:11 AM Post #510 of 4,701
Quote:

edit: I'm still looking for pleather pads for HI 2050.

http://www.mp4nation.net/brainwavz-hm5-spare-earpad-1pc

Users who are viewing this thread

Back