The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon, CyberX, Qpad Thread
Oct 28, 2012 at 8:12 PM Post #213 of 4,701
Quote:
Got a spare pair? :p

I would love to help you, but I got some kind og collector gene in my body which prohibits me from giving away stuff that I only got one of, in the case of pads actually two...

I did see the Fisherpads being sold for about 8 buck a piece, but can not find the page again, will investigate a bit and see if I can find it..

Oct 28, 2012 at 9:15 PM Post #215 of 4,701
Quote:
how comfy are the stock velour pads?

How good (comfortable) are the stock ear pads for the Takstar Hi2050 (Techical Pro HPT990) semi-open, 60-Ohm headphones.
I have no problem with comfort (my $180 HD558s are a little more comfortable).

Oct 29, 2012 at 12:20 AM Post #216 of 4,701
Got the chance to sit down with another friend who had bought it since 3 years back. The clamping was still tight but acceptable and the headphone doesn't look like its 3 years old at all, save for the oil stains on the pads.

I can't comment much on the sound since we didn't have time to go to a quieter place n had to settle at the Starbucks which was relatively quiet until it started raining and the mall workers started scrambling the shopping carts. Damn things sounded like crashing a thousand cymbals.

If my memory doesn't fail me, the deeps were quite beautiful, no recession in the mids, but the highs... I detected some shrill/harshness when it goes loud. Not sure whether it's the setup, audio file, or the headphones.
Source: iPod Touch > E11 > Takstar
Sansa Fuze > E11 > Takstar

Somehow I prefer my Goldring DR150 with the Vero 150 cables over them. But you really get more than what you pay for for the Takstar HI2050. Soundstage was good, open cans meaning they isolate nothing, I cannot detect leakage since we listen to moderate levels coupled with outdoor ambiance. Oh yeah and they do look like beyers in pictures, but in real life they look very different. size wise it is smaller, shape is oval instead of round, and the whole thing feels solid too.

**edit-
Oh yeah and he also brought the Superlux HD668b, hands down the Takstar sounds better (to me at least). Superlux sounds overly bright but the Takstar sounded more balanced and clean.

Oct 29, 2012 at 2:45 PM Post #218 of 4,701
Quote:
How good (comfortable) are the stock ear pads for the Takstar Hi2050 (Techical Pro HPT990) semi-open, 60-Ohm headphones.
I have no problem with comfort (my $180 HD558s are a little more comfortable).

The pads themselves are not really all that comfy. but the headphones are really light and you dont really need to worry about comfort. the texture gets annoying after 4+ hours, but they're pretty great comfort-wise, especially the headband, which is better then the beyer one. ( IMO ) 

Oct 29, 2012 at 4:02 PM Post #219 of 4,701
Quote:
The pads themselves are not really all that comfy. but the headphones are really light and you dont really need to worry about comfort. the texture gets annoying after 4+ hours, but they're pretty great comfort-wise, especially the headband, which is better then the beyer one. ( IMO ) 

Agree with you, they are very comfortable for several hour but after 3-4 you want to take them off for a couple of minutes.  I don't use glasses all the time but even with glasses they are comfortable, the only thing I have to point out is that they will not fit larger heads because I would say mine is medium and have to stretch them all the way to get a proper fit.

Quote:
I would love to help you, but I got some kind og collector gene in my body which prohibits me from giving away stuff that I only got one of, in the case of pads actually two...

I did see the Fisherpads being sold for about 8 buck a piece, but can not find the page again, will investigate a bit and see if I can find it..

Hope you find a link, don't want to spend more than $10 on that experiment, anything higher would defeat the purpose of paying so little for these cans.

Quote:
**edit-
Oh yeah and he also brought the Superlux HD668b, hands down the Takstar sounds better (to me at least). Superlux sounds overly bright but the Takstar sounded more balanced and clean.

Good thing you made that comment, the Superlux HD668b are on my list of possible headphones for the office so I'm going to take them out and probably go for some Grados instead. 

Oct 31, 2012 at 7:26 PM Post #222 of 4,701
i've had the pro80s for about three weeks - definitely liking them more and more. i have little to go by but definitely a step up from the ksc75s that i was using previously.

getting into dangerous territory here, but what would be an upgrade from these? are people really saying they like these more than the beyer 880s?

Oct 31, 2012 at 7:38 PM Post #223 of 4,701
Quote:
i've had the pro80s for about three weeks - definitely liking them more and more. i have little to go by but definitely a step up from the ksc75s that i was using previously.

getting into dangerous territory here, but what would be an upgrade from these? are people really saying they like these more than the Beyer 880s?

I have the Hi2050 & TS-671 and have now been temped to get the Pro 80s just to compare them to my DT880.

Oct 31, 2012 at 7:42 PM Post #224 of 4,701
The Pro80 is the best cheapo i have encountered, going up from those you will need to throw at least 300 $ after s pair of phones and I am not really sure it will be an upgrade more a sidestep, I have been hunting cheap phones the last 6 years and have heard almost the complete Superlux catalouge and most of the Takstars, Kanen and 5 or 6  of other brands, got about 30 pair of cheap phones, lots of them really stinks to put it nicely, but Superlux and Takstar deliver very good quality at a very nice price..

To me the best bang for the buck is Takstar, they are not better in SQ than the Superluxes but they are prettier and more comfortable..
The only downside to Takstar products is that they are made for asian heads and tend to be a bit small for european heads..

Oct 31, 2012 at 7:57 PM Post #225 of 4,701
Quote:

Yeah. Because Grados aren't overly bright and have great isolation for office use. :p

Yeah you got me, should have made my point clearer.  They will be mainly for rock so Grados or Alessandro seems to be the top recommendation and I want no isolation at all, need to hear phone ringing or if someone comes to talk to me.  For me with the 2050 at mid volume you can hear some things but if people talk I can barely understand them and have to take them off.  At work don´t want people creeping up on me and see that I´m in the forum reading about headphones.
beyersmile.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back