The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon, CyberX, Qpad Thread
Jul 7, 2015 at 5:18 PM Post #3,528 of 4,701
Still on my quest to tweak the headband of the hi2050..

Anyone got a Beyerdynamic dt770 or comparable and a Takstar hi2050 that they can put side to side and see where the size difference comes from? The metal headband is the same on both...

Jul 7, 2015 at 11:47 PM Post #3,529 of 4,701
I had the DT 770 but they are round vs oval. I'm assuming the hi2050 fits the same as the takstars/Gemini's right?

If so just get the HM5 pads. They are the best pads to use with the Gemini's in my mind.

Hm5 pads fit much better than the DT770 pads.

Jul 8, 2015 at 1:11 AM Post #3,530 of 4,701
I had the DT 770 but they are round vs oval. I'm assuming the hi2050 fits the same as the takstars/Gemini's right?

If so just get the HM5 pads. They are the best pads to use with the Gemini's in my mind.

Hm5 pads fit much better than the DT770 pads.

No, they have different bands. The pro80 fits just fine. I already have the hm5 pads on them, but the pads don't go down far enough, even with the yoke fully extended its a poor fit. Seeing as it's a copy of the dt770 / dt880 I'm left wondering what makes the fit so different

Jul 8, 2015 at 5:54 AM Post #3,531 of 4,701
Weird, I always assumed the hi2050 and pro80 had the same earcup design. Are you saying they are indeed round like the Dt 770 or all together different from the DT770 And Pro 80's...???

Jul 8, 2015 at 11:30 AM Post #3,533 of 4,701
Just got the Pro80 (straight cable) today. They surely surpass the Hi2050 sound. I wonder why since they're reportedly share the same drivers. One more thing to note: Schiit Magni doesn't play nice with this headphone. I pick up massive static noise when plugging them in the magni jack at various volume pot levels. The noise starts to fade away at around 11am onward, but comes back at full volume. Upon more research, I find many people complaining the same problem, something with poorly shielded cable. At the moment, the Pro80 has the thinnest cable among all my cans (DT880 pre, Sr325is, and HI2050). Will contact the vendor tomorrow to see if I can replace them with a coiled one.

Jul 8, 2015 at 12:11 PM Post #3,534 of 4,701
  Earcups are the same, the headband is different.

Newer versions of pro80 have a headband that extends further. Mine are the old ones and those are identical to hi2050. Just different padding and a paintjob. Are you sure there are other differences besides pro80's currently longer top part of the yoke that can extend lower?

Quote:
  Just got the Pro80 (straight cable) today. They surely surpass the Hi2050 sound. I wonder why since they're reportedly share the same drivers. 

There is a difference how the driver is ventilated. I don't remember which, but one had more holes at the back. Also different pads, open vs closed, different cable...

Also, I wouldn't say Takstars are a copy of Beyers. Heavily inspired most definately, but not a copy. Superlux hd330/hd660 has more similarities to beyers than takstars do. Superluxes even have the same mechanism on how the baffle is connecting to the cups. Most obviously superlux cups are big and round, like beyer.

Jul 11, 2015 at 5:50 AM Post #3,535 of 4,701

Quality sound on a budget. Best 40$ I have ever spent
beyersmile.png
. Definitely a step up from the HI 2050.

Jul 12, 2015 at 4:30 AM Post #3,537 of 4,701
I know next to nothing about dac/amp and headphone synergy, 'cause the Schiit stack is the only proper dac/amp set up I've got up to now. However, judging from the sound I hear, I think it's a terrific match. Good instrument separation, clear and not dry mid, well extended bass and treble without any distortion (though the treble's still somewhat rough, but not as severe as the HI 2050). Side by side comparison to the much more expensive cans like the DT880 and Sr325is which I also have now, I honestly believe the Pro80 is not so far behind.
I've also had a brief listening session with the Takstar HD6000. This headphone I think is mellower than their brothers HI 2050 and Pro 80, with more bass (both in quality and quantity), more tamed high and warmer mid. It's probably the Takstar's answer to the ultra hyped ATH M50.

Jul 13, 2015 at 2:00 AM Post #3,539 of 4,701
  I know next to nothing about dac/amp and headphone synergy, 'cause the Schiit stack is the only proper dac/amp set up I've got up to now. However, judging from the sound I hear, I think it's a terrific match. Good instrument separation, clear and not dry mid, well extended bass and treble without any distortion (though the treble's still somewhat rough, but not as severe as the HI 2050). Side by side comparison to the much more expensive cans like the DT880 and Sr325is which I also have now, I honestly believe the Pro80 is not so far behind.
I've also had a brief listening session with the Takstar HD6000. This headphone I think is mellower than their brothers HI 2050 and Pro 80, with more bass (both in quality and quantity), more tamed high and warmer mid. It's probably the Takstar's answer to the ultra hyped ATH M50.

Thanks for your impressions! 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back