The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon, CyberX, Qpad Thread
Mar 18, 2014 at 9:39 AM Post #1,741 of 4,700
Thanks @xdog- That was exactly the information I was looking for.

Mar 18, 2014 at 10:41 AM Post #1,743 of 4,700
Isn't it just to look at the Gemini's and the Pro 80's to understand that they're the same?

When all descriptions of the two also harmonies this should not need be to be a topic, just my 2c.

Mar 18, 2014 at 12:27 PM Post #1,744 of 4,700
Spiculus and peter 123 - I decided to purchase the Gemini since it was cheaper and didn't need the fancy box that came with the Takstar Pro 80. After close to 300 hours on them, I think they are excellent for my music choices which is primarily EDM, pop and hip hop. Are they the same headphones as the Pro 80s? I couldn't really say. And it doesn't seem likely that someone is going to purchase both since they look identical. So that question may never get answered. I run these through a fiio e07k into either my laptop or my Nook HD+ listening to Pandora so I am not a very sophisticated head-fier. I am probably going to get the HD5500 since I am a basshead just to see how they play with my gear. Considering the low price of these headphones and all the positive reviews on this thread, I don't think you could go wrong with either the Gemini or the Pro 80.

Mar 18, 2014 at 4:23 PM Post #1,745 of 4,700
Spiculus and peter 123 - I decided to purchase the Gemini since it was cheaper and didn't need the fancy box that came with the Takstar Pro 80. After close to 300 hours on them, I think they are excellent for my music choices which is primarily EDM, pop and hip hop. Are they the same headphones as the Pro 80s? I couldn't really say. And it doesn't seem likely that someone is going to purchase both since they look identical. So that question may never get answered. I run these through a fiio e07k into either my laptop or my Nook HD+ listening to Pandora so I am not a very sophisticated head-fier. I am probably going to get the HD5500 since I am a basshead just to see how they play with my gear. Considering the low price of these headphones and all the positive reviews on this thread, I don't think you could go wrong with either the Gemini or the Pro 80.

I agree with you, the Pro80/Gemini is great value :)

Mar 25, 2014 at 8:51 AM Post #1,746 of 4,700
So I've had the TS-662's for about a week now and I must say that I'm really disapointed with them. I actually like the build and design on them but the sound is really cheap. They sound hollow and darkish with a lot smaller soundstage than expected given the design and driver. Wouldn't recommend them to anyone. I'll see if I can get around and transplant my Somic efi mt82 drivers in them one day. Can't really see any other use for them 
frown.gif

Mar 25, 2014 at 10:19 AM Post #1,747 of 4,700
What are the source and amp?

Mar 25, 2014 at 10:43 AM Post #1,748 of 4,700
Mar 26, 2014 at 1:43 AM Post #1,749 of 4,700
  So I've had the TS-662's for about a week now and I must say that I'm really disapointed with them. I actually like the build and design on them but the sound is really cheap. They sound hollow and darkish with a lot smaller soundstage than expected given the design and driver. Wouldn't recommend them to anyone. I'll see if I can get around and transplant my Somic efi mt82 drivers in them one day. Can't really see any other use for them 
frown.gif

Mate, I had same experience as you a few days ago. Due to very big amount of positive reviews and remembering my own experience, when I listened to them in store - I oredered a pair of TS-662.
When I got them, my first reaction was "What is that? This is not what I expected!"
In compare with HI 2050, which I have about a mounth these are very tinny sounding, with strange dark mids, overpowered highs, annoying sibilance and no bass at all. Also they were very uncomfortable, and press hard on my head above, earcups are smaller than in 2050's too. So i returned them into store, and forget about 'em like a bad dream
mad.gif

Now I ordered Sennheiser PX360's on Amazon for portable use, and finally convinced in fact, that two absolutely best sounding models in Takstar's range are HI2050 and HD6000. And maybe I'll buy a pair of HD6000's one day
rolleyes.gif

P.S. Sorry that I recommended them and misled you as well as myself.

Mar 26, 2014 at 2:20 AM Post #1,750 of 4,700
Hey, no worries it's a part of head-fi :)

I've tried several different earpads on my pair and the HM5 pads gives the best comfort and sound, still doesn't sound good enough.

I've got a small head and that's probably why I find them to be so comfortable.

Mar 26, 2014 at 1:27 PM Post #1,751 of 4,700
Glad you guys posted this as I was considering them also. Now maybe I'll go for the 6000's...

Mar 26, 2014 at 8:38 PM Post #1,753 of 4,700
Got my Hi2050's today.

nice and comfortable.
sound wise is good, but i only have a HM5 and AD700's to compare on hand.

So far looks like taking over my AD700's, they seem to do everything better. Minus a little comfort

Users who are viewing this thread

Back