The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon, CyberX, Qpad Thread
Mar 14, 2014 at 1:05 PM Post #1,681 of 4,700

Yes. No, they are not similar in any way -_-. Definitely no. Resolution is far better on Pro 80.

So in no way are these similar to each other even though they are identical in size and shape and have pretty much identical drivers? Besides the pads and another being semi open, there are only minimal differences. Pro80 has two open holes at the back of the driver, hi2050 has only one. Pro80 has more space in the center of the cups, hi2050 has broader damping material so there is space only over the center hole. These are propably the most identical sounding open vs closed headphones ever.

I agree that pro80 is better. It sounds exactly as good as 2050 but also has more bass and provides isolation. Usually more bass affects the  mids in negative way and isolation compromises soundstage. Not in this case so Pro is superior. However if a person doesnt need isolation and doesn't care for bass at all there is NO reason to pay extra for pro80.

Also pro80 needs more voltage to be driven at same level of sound. Difference is not huge, but it is there. If listening level is not adjusted between comparing the headphones the louder one (pro80) will sound better.

Mar 14, 2014 at 1:47 PM Post #1,682 of 4,700
So in no way are these similar to each other even though they are identical in size and shape and have pretty much identical drivers? Besides the pads and another being semi open, there are only minimal differences. Pro80 has two open holes at the back of the driver, hi2050 has only one. Pro80 has more space in the center of the cups, hi2050 has broader damping material so there is space only over the center hole. These are propably the most identical sounding open vs closed headphones ever.

I agree that pro80 is better. It sounds exactly as good as 2050 but also has more bass and provides isolation. Usually more bass affects the  mids in negative way and isolation compromises soundstage. Not in this case so Pro is superior. However if a person doesnt need isolation and doesn't care for bass at all there is NO reason to pay extra for pro80.

Also pro80 needs more voltage to be driven at same level of sound. Difference is not huge, but it is there. If listening level is not adjusted between comparing the headphones the louder one (pro80) will sound better.

Yes. I have both and both of them are not similiar (although, the build and the material is almost the same :rolleyes: ), even the soundsignature itself is different. No, not the same, at all :D.
The box is awesome :D.

Mar 14, 2014 at 3:56 PM Post #1,683 of 4,700

why do you think the pro 80 is better now? Are you in a previous message told me that it was better hi2050

Mar 14, 2014 at 4:02 PM Post #1,684 of 4,700
Spiculus, aren't you tired of asking the same questions again and again?
popcorn.gif

Mar 14, 2014 at 4:06 PM Post #1,685 of 4,700
If you're asking from the same brand, then I'll recommend Takstar TS-671. Awesome in mid, very wide staging (literally super wide, one of the best under US$100), but has a bit weak bass. Last time I try them with WA7, and it sounds awesome. People should give more attention to this headphone. Very awesome gem under US$100.

I would say, TS-662 impress me even more than TS-671 - they are not as wide in soundstage, but sound is pleasant and bass is just enough.

Mar 14, 2014 at 5:18 PM Post #1,686 of 4,700
  why do you think the pro 80 is better now? Are you in a previous message told me that it was better hi2050

What I said previously:
Those are so similar that I'd just buy the cheaper one. Which usually is hi2050. Pro is technically more impressive because it is closed and still sounds equally good to hi2050. There propably are some differences in soundstage and imaging. I haven't compared these side by side that much yet.

I don't think I've said hi2050 is better. I said it is better for the money. And for me it is the better choice considering what I get for the money.

Mar 14, 2014 at 11:36 PM Post #1,687 of 4,700
I would say, TS-662 impress me even more than TS-671 - they are not as wide in soundstage, but sound is pleasant and bass is just enough.

Well, personally TS-662 is not too bad. But I don't like how it presents its mid, a bit weird and not natural. At least for my taste :D,

Mar 15, 2014 at 2:44 AM Post #1,694 of 4,700
Yes. I have both and both of them are not similiar (although, the build and the material is almost the same
rolleyes.gif
), even the soundsignature itself is different. No, not the same, at all
biggrin.gif
The box is awesome
biggrin.gif

See what a seller of a hi2050 said:The main difference between hi2050 and pro 80 is the sensituvity, pro 80 is more sensitive than hi 2050.
The sensitivity of pro 80 is 101±3db, the sensitivity of hi2050 is 92±3db. So, pro 80 is more professional, and it fits for professional circumstance, hi 2050 fits for entertainment, pro 80 is more expensive than hi 2050.

Mar 15, 2014 at 3:19 AM Post #1,695 of 4,700
  See what a seller of a hi2050 said:The main difference between hi2050 and pro 80 is the sensituvity, pro 80 is more sensitive than hi 2050.
The sensitivity of pro 80 is 101±3db, the sensitivity of hi2050 is 92±3db. So, pro 80 is more professional, and it fits for professional circumstance, hi 2050 fits for entertainment, pro 80 is more expensive than hi 2050.

I have both of this cans, They are both great bang for the buck headphones IMO. 

Pro 80- If you want a close can with that is dark with good detail and bass go comes with a coiled cable and pleather pads (which I recommend to swap with HM5 pads and do a rope spacer mod). I prefer using it with rock and metal

Hi2050- if you prefer  an open can that is brighter and more airy but not lacking in the bass department comes with a straight cable and velor pads. I prefer using it with classical and jazz

either way you can't go wrong. they are both excellent value for your money.

Cheers! 
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back