The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon, CyberX, Qpad Thread
Mar 6, 2014 at 12:45 AM Post #1,591 of 4,700
  Is the crackling most obvious with low bass notes? There could be a hair bouncing around on the driver. More unfortunate scenario might be a loose voice coil. If the voice coil is loose you might be able to see it...If that is the case return the headphones if there was warranty.

I'm not completely sure about that. I searched for some low bass songs on youtube and i could hear it on them. There is something strange happening though, this crackling seems to be coming and going. On those low bass songs i could hear the noise first, a little while later when i listened to the same song i couldn't hear the noise. I have tried 3 different sources (devices) and this noise is sometimes there and sometimes it isn't. Not really sure whats happening to be honest.

Mar 6, 2014 at 6:00 AM Post #1,594 of 4,700
Guys, as i can see - your questions answered many times in this thread, just buy something relying on your budget
angry_face.gif

Mar 6, 2014 at 9:39 AM Post #1,595 of 4,700
  Beyerdynamic T1, $1235 on Amazon... If you didn't threw 2050's away with disgust after this gorgeous one, then Takstars are really awesome for their price
cool.gif

What i like in all of Takstar's line up is the clarity of sound. Their price competitors doesn't have it at all, and difference with other $50-100 models on market is simply unbeleivable. Especially if we talk about Sennheiser, Sony or Philips etc.

Takstars indeed are excellent for their price. Of course T1 is in a whole another league but improvements are not that huge. The point of diminishing returns comes very early when going up in the price. For me it is worth investing in expensive headphones but most people might be disappointend. Also there is that thing that most expensive headphones scale up with better equipment and better and more expensive gear is required for them to live up to the full potential. In that sense hi2050 is also unordinary cheap headphone. It scales up really well. When I first got hi2050 I had $20 asus xonar dg soundcard. Slowly I've been improving my gear and every time I upgraded HI2050 improved also. It adds to the bang for the buck factor a lot. Hi2050 doesn't become obsolete as you upgrade. Most of the time I have to use closed headphones so my main can dx1000 is quite expensive one but Hi2050 serves as a nice open alternative complementary can.  At some point I hope I will upgrade my open can to something like senn hd800. But meanwhile hi2050 does the job. Of course it was a downgrade for T1 but like I said I don't get to use open headphones as much as I'd like.  I would have kept T1 if I had the money but I just couldn't justify having those anymore. Also the price had been going down lately so I felt that now is a good time to sell before price drops even lower if I want to minimize my losses.

Mar 7, 2014 at 12:13 AM Post #1,596 of 4,700
Hello,

I currently have AD700's and this thread caught my eye, been eying some 668b/SR850 for my main pc.
I have HM5 clones as well but since they are closed i don't use them on my pc since I game a lot. 
I also have a decent amp

I am deciding between the Takstar TS-671 or the 2050, size doesn't worry me comfort is priority and soundstage, since i play FPS and wear these for ~10 hours a day

Mar 7, 2014 at 4:00 AM Post #1,597 of 4,700
  Hello,

I currently have AD700's and this thread caught my eye, been eying some 668b/SR850 for my main pc.
I have HM5 clones as well but since they are closed i don't use them on my pc since I game a lot. 
I also have a decent amp

I am deciding between the Takstar TS-671 or the 2050, size doesn't worry me comfort is priority and soundstage, since i play FPS and wear these for ~10 hours a day

TS-671 have much bigger soundstage but less bass than 2050's. Also 671's are very big in size (maybe the biggest heapdhones that I've seen), 2050 is more compact. If you have good amp, and will be using them only at home - I would suggest 671 over 2050

Mar 7, 2014 at 5:07 AM Post #1,598 of 4,700
I wonder though if the ts-671 offers enough difference from the ad700?

My impression is that they offer much of the same. Maybe someone here have both and can enlighten us on the differences.

Mar 7, 2014 at 8:04 AM Post #1,602 of 4,700
Well if the bass is better than AD700's which is likely, i'll be ordering a pair next week currently 

Yeah, that's the question though , is the bass better?

I've read that the ts-671 is pretty basslight as well.....

Mar 8, 2014 at 1:21 AM Post #1,604 of 4,700
I've got the ts-662 on the way as well and as far as I know it uses the same driver as ts-671. I let you know how they sound when it get them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back