The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon, CyberX, Qpad Thread
Mar 3, 2014 at 3:15 AM Post #1,516 of 4,700
Can anyone tell me a little about the isolation on the HI2050s? I'm looking to get these for my son, and I want low isolation (think Grado or AKG Q701) so that he can have a possibility of hearing when parents call him.
smily_headphones1.gif

Also, they would primarily be used for gaming, and I'm guessing from what I have read that the soundstage is fairly big--not as big as fully open, but better than closed?

Isolation in 2050's quite good, but if you don't listen on high volumes you can hear what others speaking to you.

Mar 3, 2014 at 3:25 AM Post #1,517 of 4,700
  So, the ultimate conclusion about the takstar pro80 is it can match up well to headphones at least twice its price.

No problem. They can't touch the Grado's or Fostex but they would probably be fighting for a third place with the Fischer's.

Hi, i see that you have knowledge about takstar pro80 and i want to know in comparison on superlux hd681 about musics, bass, films, games, summarizing :what better option? thanks!

Mar 3, 2014 at 4:38 AM Post #1,518 of 4,700

Hi, i see that you have knowledge about takstar pro80 and i want to know in comparison on superlux hd681 about musics, bass, films, games, summarizing :what better option? thanks!

Sorry, I've never heard the HD681.

Mar 3, 2014 at 4:50 AM Post #1,519 of 4,700
The Pro80 are better than SL681;
The 681 are quite u-shaped; they have kind of fatiguing bass and to some extend harsh treble;
while pro80 can be considered balanced having some extension in both ends of FR;
Besides I did not like the soundstage of SL681.
Generally pro80 give you the feeling of high SQ quality.

In short: I've sold the 681 after 1-2 months, whereas the Pro80 are my basic headphones,
I have to mention that pro80 can be fatiguing after long listening due to their very close nature

Mar 3, 2014 at 5:02 AM Post #1,520 of 4,700
  The Pro80 are better than SL681;
The 681 are quite u-shaped; they have kind of fatiguing bass and to some extend harsh treble;
while pro80 can be considered balanced having some extension in both ends of FR;
Besides I did not like the soundstage of SL681.
Generally pro80 give you the feeling of high SQ quality.

In short: I've sold the 681 after 1-2 months, whereas the Pro80 are my basic headphones,
I have to mention that pro80 can be fatiguing after long listening due to their very close nature

From what i find, takstar pro80 have same sound than hifi2050, but with slightly exceptions. Among exceptions, hifi2050 have more comfort in relation a pro80, this enough for buy? Or other exceptions not compensates? Thanks!

Mar 3, 2014 at 5:03 AM Post #1,522 of 4,700
Xdog hit the nail on that one. Hd681 has piercing treble and pro80 are overall better headphones. For the money Pro80 is hard to beat. However I still have not made up my mind which one I prefer, pro80 or hi2050. That makes cheaper 2050 better bang for the buck in my books... if isolation is not necessary of course.

Mar 3, 2014 at 5:15 AM Post #1,523 of 4,700
  Xdog hit the nail on that one. Hd681 has piercing treble and pro80 are overall better headphones. For the money Pro80 is hard to beat. However I still have not made up my mind which one I prefer, pro80 or hi2050. That makes cheaper 2050 better bang for the buck in my books... if isolation is not necessary of course.

Hifi 2050 seems to be more comfortable, pro80 have more bass, but there are others requirements at issue. Is necessary know what requirement each compensates

Mar 3, 2014 at 5:53 AM Post #1,524 of 4,700
Hi2050 and pro80 are really similar.

-Pro's have more bass. Closed headphones usually do.

-Pro's have bit more highs, but highs on hi2050 have more air and sparkle. It's because of the velour pads and propably the semi open structure. Mostly velours though, it is that very distinct velourpadhighs sound :)

-Hi2050 have slightly smoother warmer sound.  Fabric covering the driver does this. Pro doesn't have this fabric so that is propably the reason why the highs are more pronounced on pro. Some people will propably say that pro has smoother sound. On bassy tracks that might seem so but when listening to mid centric music it is obvious to my ears that hi2050 is warmer and slightly colored. I tried pro's with the fabric and with that pro's mids are about identical to 2050.

-Hi2050 leaks sound, Pros isolate very well.

-For some people hi2050 is more comfortable because of the velour ear pads and because they feel more airy on the head due to the semiopen structure. For me there is no difference

-Pro80 has better headband padding and fancier plug. Only cosmetic improvements.

-Some pro's have coiled cable

-Pro's come with nice carry case, 2050 has extension cable

Those are so similar that I'd just buy the cheaper one. Which usually is hi2050. Pro is technically more impressive because it is closed and still sounds equally good to hi2050. There propably are some differences in soundstage and imaging. I haven't compared these side by side that much yet.

Mar 3, 2014 at 6:04 AM Post #1,525 of 4,700
probably i will take pro 80 because i kinda cant let sound go out can disturb others at late nights :D but i am interested what is diffecence betwan Takstar Pro 80 and Gemini HSR-1000 not on ebay is only 6 dolar difference what not so much if gemini have better build quality and over all, if is better.

Mar 3, 2014 at 6:06 AM Post #1,526 of 4,700
  Hi2050 and pro80 are really similar.

-Pro's have more bass. Closed headphones usually do.

-Pro's have bit more highs, but highs on hi2050 have more air and sparkle. It's because of the velour pads and propably the semi open structure. Mostly velours though, it is that very distinct velourpadhighs sound :)

-Hi2050 have slightly smoother warmer sound.  Fabric covering the driver does this. Pro doesn't have this fabric so that is propably the reason why the highs are more pronounced on pro. Some people will propably say that pro has smoother sound. On bassy tracks that might seem so but when listening to mid centric music it is obvious to my ears that hi2050 is warmer and slightly colored. I tried pro's with the fabric and with that pro's mids are about identical to 2050.

-Hi2050 leaks sound, Pros isolate very well.

-For some people hi2050 is more comfortable because of the velour ear pads and because they feel more airy on the head due to the semiopen structure. For me there is no difference

-Pro80 has better headband padding and fancier plug. Only cosmetic improvements.

-Some pro's have coiled cable

-Pro's come with nice carry case, 2050 has extension cable

Those are so similar that I'd just buy the cheaper one. Which usually is hi2050. Pro is technically more impressive because it is closed and still sounds equally good to hi2050. There propably are some differences in soundstage and imaging. I haven't compared these side by side that much yet.

Thanks for your post! Probably i will go on pro80. But, before really buy i will wait response from other members

Mar 3, 2014 at 6:26 AM Post #1,527 of 4,700
Personally i see no reason to spend $20-30 more for the worst sound of pro 80's... 2050 sounds more natural and airy - after good long burn in, of course. On moderate volumes they have good isolation and doesn't leak too much sound out of them. Also they have a good bass for me - not overpowering, but still present.

Mar 3, 2014 at 7:39 AM Post #1,530 of 4,700
  Seriously, this difference is not worth it. My next $100< improvement will be Philips Fidelio, but now i can't find better bang for buck except 2050's or TS-662.

Are you planning on getting L1 or X1? Make sure you buy those from a place that has good return policy. Even if you triple what you paid for hi2050 you might get headphones that are only sidegrades.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back