The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon, CyberX, Qpad Thread
Mar 2, 2014 at 1:09 AM Post #1,501 of 4,701
Im sorry for posting this again but I really need to know, can anyone compare the takstar hd6000 vs technica m50 vs shure srh750dj . I would use it to electric music rock pop metal and movies.

Thanks.

Mar 2, 2014 at 4:37 AM Post #1,502 of 4,701
Originally Posted by Beocord 

I just noticed the weirdest thing. Pro80 has no ventilation/bass ports. Of course there are the holes covered with paper on the baffle but nothing else. Usually this kind of design will result in very weak bass. I don't know how in heck Takstar managed to pull this one off. Most closed headphones have so much air circulation that those leak alot of sound. Even headphones with best isolation usually have some sort of small bass ports (hm5 and dtt770 for example). Try coverin the holes on hm5 and bass completely disappears. There are of course headphones that are completely sealed but those usually are cramped sounding portable headphones with very limited soundstage. Takstar has no extra holes, still has bass good soundstage and airy sound. Impressive engineering...

Originally Posted by Incipit /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Impressive stealing of Beyerdynamics engineering ideas
rolleyes.gif

That applies to external looks alone. Like I said above closed beyerdynamic dt770 has bass ports, pro80 does not. Takstar also manages to push out fullsize sound from a can that is a lot smaller then beyerdynamic ones. Takstar also uses thicker damping materials inside the cups than beyer does. Takstars are put together with screws, beyers are not. Some beyer semiopen models have holes on the sides too, not just in the middle. Hi2050 has only the middle hole. Takstar pads go in the crack beyer pads go on top of the cup...etc.  Aluminium hinges aside there are not that much similarities in the end...

Mar 2, 2014 at 7:25 AM Post #1,503 of 4,701
My main concern is that someone who just pops into this thread could get the impression that the Pro80's are neutral and be disappointed when they're not. I'm not trying to pick a fight just don't want someone to misunderstand
smily_headphones1.gif

I own the Pro80's myself and rate them very highly, never heard the HD6000's though so can't comment on them.

Edit: good quote from Tyll BTW, spot on!

Can you give us a rough estimate where the pro80 would rank on you headphone list?  I know it will be subjective but it will give us an idea what to expect on pro80 on sound quality alone. Thank you. 

and also, is pro80's mids recessed? I already have the pro80 but im trying to learn some stuff. Thanks.

Mar 2, 2014 at 7:39 AM Post #1,504 of 4,701
It's the best allround closed headphone I've got (not including the Fostex's).

I don't find the mids to be resest.

Mar 2, 2014 at 8:11 AM Post #1,506 of 4,701
No problem. They can't touch the Grado's or Fostex but they would probably be fighting for a third place with the Fischer's.

Mar 2, 2014 at 1:58 PM Post #1,510 of 4,701
@incipit 
You must own both beyers and takstar to give that remark, so please take a pair og beyer by the cup and shake it, after that you do the same to a pair of Takstar, in the end you go back here and post which one feels like the best build phone..

ALL phones are copied modern ones from senn 414 and they were copied after the ones used in submarines during WW2..

To say Takstar has copied the beyers, can only be said by one that has not held both in their hands at the same time..

I do not say that Takstar is any better than any other company, it just pisses me off when the "copy" card is being pulled, it is sooooooo cheap and will be true no matter which phone we meet, as they all are copies, like my Renault Megane is a copy of the Ford T...

Mar 2, 2014 at 7:45 PM Post #1,514 of 4,701
Can anyone tell me a little about the isolation on the HI2050s? I'm looking to get these for my son, and I want low isolation (think Grado or AKG Q701) so that he can have a possibility of hearing when parents call him. :)

Also, they would primarily be used for gaming, and I'm guessing from what I have read that the soundstage is fairly big--not as big as fully open, but better than closed?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back