The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon, CyberX, Qpad Thread
Feb 27, 2014 at 11:04 PM Post #1,471 of 4,701
  As mentioned above, 2050's will sound really good with WELL RECORDED music. After some burn in they'll be softer a bit, but sibilance is still present on most of tracks.
Neverheless, good choice for acoustic and classical, but not recommended for jazz music with trumpets (imo) - they will hurt your ears :frowning2:
Also this phones are very good for speed and brutal styles of metal due to their fast and detail bass.
In conclusion, i can't say that i'm totally satisfied with this model, now looking for Takstar HD6000 - they have more solid and compact sound.

Oh, and you can also take a look at Takstar TS-662 (open-design too) - many people are very satisfied with them, and they don't have so much "brightness" like 2050.

Incipit,

Hm.. I listen to classical only, so jazz is not something I am bothered with, but trumpets.. My favourite composers tend to use horns and trumpets quite a lot. And I am not going to be pleased if I am frowning all the time I hear any "sharp sounds" in music.

"...they will hurt your ears..." - that's what I call sibilants (I may misunderstand the trerm, though)

Feb 28, 2014 at 3:26 AM Post #1,472 of 4,701
Then go for something darker, i think TS-662 will satisfy your needs - if you want semi-open ears of course. In other case HD6000 are brilliant phones
smily_headphones1.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L34S4Tt1EuQ - my reaction to classical jazz in 2050's was exactly the same
biggrin.gif

Feb 28, 2014 at 2:42 PM Post #1,473 of 4,701
As mentioned above, 2050's will sound really good with WELL RECORDED music. After some burn in they'll be softer a bit, but sibilance is still present on most of tracks.
Neverheless, good choice for acoustic and classical, but not recommended for jazz music with trumpets (imo) - they will hurt your ears :frowning2:
Also this phones are very good for speed and brutal styles of metal due to their fast and detail bass.
In conclusion, i can't say that i'm totally satisfied with this model, now looking for Takstar HD6000 - they have more solid and compact sound.

Oh, and you can also take a look at Takstar TS-662 (open-design too) - many people are very satisfied with them, and they don't have so much "brightness" like 2050.
+1

This is exactly my experience with my Hi2050s. They are just collecting dust nowadays because of the sharp treble.

I can see why many people like them for their detailed and airy sound but they are simply not for me. For comparison: I love the sound signature of the warm and super smooth MH1C. Would that be somewhat similar to the HD6000s?

Sent a long time ago from a Galaxy S2 far, far away...

Mar 1, 2014 at 2:30 AM Post #1,474 of 4,701
Does anyone know of any replacement cables that would fit the HD 5500? I've been searching for some for days now but i cant seem to find anything that resembles the original cable.

Thanks.

Mar 1, 2014 at 7:17 AM Post #1,475 of 4,701
Question to people who find hi2050 highs to be too much: Does your pair have piece of fabric covering the driver? I just got my pro80 and it doesn't have the fabric. My hi2050 does. I was surprised to see pro80 doesn't have the fabric and thought maybe Takstar doesn't use the fabric in newer 2050 and pro80.  My hi2050 is two years old so it could be possible it is different than more recent ones in production.

About Pro80:  These are definately sibilant out of the box. Midrange seems recessed compared to 2050. Other than that these sound excellent. I love the box and build quality of the headphones. Fancy box and stuff like that is not that important in the end but it's impressive how these appear classier than most stuff with 10x higher price tag.

My girlfriend was about to hang me when she saw these. She tought I had bought some super expensive headphones again. She cooled down when I gave her the 60$ receipt :)

Mar 1, 2014 at 11:17 AM Post #1,477 of 4,701
How are the takstar hd6000 compared to the technica m50?
Which one has a better bass and better sound quality?
Do they need an amp? Cuz I dont want to use amp.

Talking about price - HD6000 is very reasonable buy! Compared to M50 they are little brighter, but for this money you will not find any better proposition. But, you may experience some discomfort with their stupid construction - they may press hard on your head above after several hours. And imo, they don't need an amp - sansa clip+ played well with them without any problems.

Mar 1, 2014 at 11:46 AM Post #1,478 of 4,701
And how does the takstar pro 80 compared to the hd6000?
Im going to use my galaxy s4 to listen to elecrtical music and watching movies. Also for playing fps games on cpu.
I like a good bass.
Thanks for the help.

Mar 1, 2014 at 12:08 PM Post #1,480 of 4,701
And how does the takstar pro 80 compared to the hd6000?
Im going to use my galaxy s4 to listen to elecrtical music and watching movies. Also for playing fps games on cpu.
I like a good bass.
Thanks for the help.

HD6000 all the way, but take a closer look at their construction. Pro80 have more neutral and "boring" sound.

Mar 1, 2014 at 1:30 PM Post #1,481 of 4,701
First time I ever hear someone call the Pro80's boring.

I'll have to respectfully disagree on that statement :wink:

Mar 1, 2014 at 1:55 PM Post #1,483 of 4,701

HD6000 all the way, but take a closer look at their construction. Pro80 have more neutral and "boring" sound.

Quote:
First time I ever hear someone call the Pro80's boring.

I'll have to respectfully disagree on that statement
wink.gif

Often here "fun" means V-shaped sound signature, and "boring" means a more neutralish presentation. Only in that sense, I think Incipit assertions are correct.

After all, funny or boring is a completely personal thing and no one could precisely predict if someone else will find the sound of HD6000 (or Pro80) simply boring, annoying, or really engaging.

I think most people here agree that:
Pro 80 - More Neutral
HD 6000 - V-shaped

The right choice is down to preference.

Mar 1, 2014 at 2:07 PM Post #1,484 of 4,701
The thing is that the Pro80's are not neutral so I think that describing it as more neutral than the HD6000 might give the impression that's it neutral when it's not.

Mar 1, 2014 at 3:05 PM Post #1,485 of 4,701
The thing is that the Pro80's are not neutral so I think that describing it as more neutral than the HD6000 might give the impression that's it neutral when it's not.

I have to agree with this. The Pro 80s aren't THAT neutral. Compared to the Superlux HD668B which I also have, it's not even close. They might be neutral compared to the HD6000 or 2050 (I don't know, I don't have these two), but they're definitely not neutral. They're actually a bit dark.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back