The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon, CyberX, Qpad Thread
Feb 7, 2014 at 6:38 AM Post #1,411 of 4,701
  A few pages back, i was complaining a little bit about the brightness of the takstar pro80. But now, about around 50 hrs of use, the harshness I mentioned was completely gone. The detail is still there but the "overly-bright-sound-for-me", not anymore.

But to be honest I kind of miss it
tongue.gif

OHHH YES
A bright phone without harshness and siblance is what many of us have wet dreams about, but I fear it is an impossible dream,the good and the bad goes hand in hand in this case..

Feb 7, 2014 at 11:46 AM Post #1,414 of 4,701
You found which one too sibilant? Can't you just EQ that anyways? Or are there some sources you can't EQ (which doesn't matter to me since I'd just be using off a desktop)?

That's quite surprising to hear sound quality is identical between the two (you sure you don't mean sound profile is up to user's ears?). But I guess I'll buy the DT990s if they have more stage and comfort.

Feb 7, 2014 at 12:00 PM Post #1,415 of 4,701
My bad. Edited. :) Yeah, you can EQ but I prefer to find cans that aren't dependant on EQ. If I ever want to use it on something that I can't EQ, then I'm kinda stuck with either not using that source and having to buy a new set of cans for it or listening to it and nitpicking. Also, I don't have a system wide EQ so things like spotify gets left out.

Well, I find the 990s to be more "detailed" but that could just be due to the brightness of the cans. And just cause the SQ is "better" doesn't mean the end user would prefer it so I feel it's best to just give as much facts, facts to be at least, and let everyone else decide. It's their money after all. :)

Feb 7, 2014 at 12:11 PM Post #1,416 of 4,701
  Bump. Still curious, DT990 vs Takstar 2050, is there a large difference, a noticeable difference, in comfort, sq, and stage?

I have the DT880 and HI2050 and they are both excellent headphones. The Beyer has a more refined sound quality no doubt and does everything very accurately, bass is good the mids flow and highs are clean. The Takstar's sound more detailed at times but I believe this is due to an emphasis at some of the higher frequencies. The Beyer is an accomplished and refined $300 headphone that does a lot of things correct  and the Takstar is a great budget headphone that punches far beyond its modest price point. I listen to them with SS and tubes and thoroughly enjoy both. If you are on a limited budget get the Takstar and you’ll be fine.

Feb 7, 2014 at 12:59 PM Post #1,417 of 4,701
I wouldn't quite say my budget is limited, I can afford either. My question is just if there's a big difference between the two in quality and comfort and stage (don't care about sound profile, i'm too newb too have a preference, or even notice really). Because if it's all the same, I'll go with the 2050s instead. 

My bad. Edited. 
smily_headphones1.gif
 Yeah, you can EQ but I prefer to find cans that aren't dependant on EQ. If I ever want to use it on something that I can't EQ, then I'm kinda stuck with either not using that source and having to buy a new set of cans for it or listening to it and nitpicking. Also, I don't have a system wide EQ so things like spotify gets left out.

Well, I find the 990s to be more "detailed" but that could just be due to the brightness of the cans. And just cause the SQ is "better" doesn't mean the end user would prefer it so I feel it's best to just give as much facts, facts to be at least, and let everyone else decide. It's their money after all. 
smily_headphones1.gif

Well you say it's noticeably more comfortable and more stage, and you think there's more SQ, so that's good enough for me, that's there's a significant and noticeable difference at least in comfort.

Feb 7, 2014 at 1:04 PM Post #1,418 of 4,701
I have a medium head (7 1/2 ballcap) and I'm pretty close to maxing out the 2050s, about 2 notches from max. On the Beyers, it fits comfortably 2 notches from min. Plus the Beyer pads are more comfortable. :)

Feb 7, 2014 at 2:05 PM Post #1,419 of 4,701
True the HI2050 just fits me maxed out while the Beyers are fine and could go even bigger. So if you have a large head the Takstar could be an issue.

Feb 7, 2014 at 2:34 PM Post #1,420 of 4,701
I think my head is normal. I always use headphones at the minimum setting except 558s at 2 notches out. If you say the dt990 is more comfortable though then that's pretty straightforward. 

Feb 8, 2014 at 12:29 PM Post #1,421 of 4,701
Hello

My source is Titanium HD* will it be very good with Takstar TS 671?
*(with changed one pair opamps to lme49720)

I ask because I don't want to buy amp.
If not, maybe other Takstar could be maxed from Titanium HD? 

ps - I buying mostly for music but would they also be great for gaming, fps?
ps2 - right now I'm using Technics sc-eh780, examples of artist I listen to: 
Lene Marlin, Alsou, Zemfira, Edyta Bartosiewicz, Tangarine Dream, Clannad, Michael 
Jackson, Gabriella Cilmi, Lara Fabian and the list could go very long :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back