The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon, CyberX, Qpad Thread
Apr 26, 2012 at 2:21 AM Post #122 of 4,701
Update** hi-2050

Just got my in the Mail. Burning in as we speak. So far the sound stage is huge.Def an Upgrade over my Panys HTF-600. The Bass sounds strong but the Phone is mostly Neutral. Only burned in about 20 hours so far though. The best thing I love about the HF even more so than the sound is the comfort. It is by far the most comfortable HF I heave ever had. I can wear for hours and forget they are even on.

May 8, 2012 at 3:38 PM Post #126 of 4,701
ok So The headphone is pretty Neutral.  Plenty of detail and separation.  I don't have many high end HF to compare to. I own the HTF-600 pannys and the monoprice 8323. The bass is the only thing that the HTF-600 is better at. Then again I have only Burned these in for 50 hours. Jorker gave the sound on the HTF-600 a 7.9 I would give the sound on these an 8.3.

I mainly listen to R and B and Hiphop but these HF play my music well. Vocals on these HF also sound amazing. I only paid 60$ for them but I feel like its easily a 150$ HF.
The Contruction on these is also good. I feel like they will last me years to come. I would give it a 9/10 easy
The comfort again is also a huge plus for me. I can wear these for hours and forget I even have them on. Soft Velour pads are amazing 10/10 for me.

I like my pannys too. But I can't put this headphone down. Overall I think it is a steal at 50$ if you can get it for that price. Again I am still new to the heaphone game but these have a great sound.

May 8, 2012 at 6:27 PM Post #127 of 4,701
Glad you like them as much as I do, I was thinking I must have been mad, when I first tried mine, they were just to good at the pricepoint, way to good...

Feed them with a decent amp and source and let them burn for at least 100 hours and you will have a phone that rivals those that costs 5-10 times more..

I feed mine from a Beyer Dynamic A1 clone and it is almost as good as from a Lehman Blackcube..

In the last 5 years or so I have been on a quest to find the best bang for the buck, I have bought more than 50 phones on that quest, besides the normal phones that I still buy (maybe I got some mental illness ?? who cares) but I will have a hard time finding something that will best the Takstar Hi2050...

The Pro80 is not far behind, but costs two times as much and are not a pricebeater in the same league, in my opinion, they are also an amazing bang for the buck phone and on many points there are better than the 2050, but considering price/sound/quality they simply can not compete, as they are twice as much...

Compared to "normal priced" brands they (pro80) are a really strong contender just the metalbox is almost worth the price and you get a good pair of closed phones as a bonus..

May 8, 2012 at 7:08 PM Post #128 of 4,701
Guys, where to get this headphones on italy? i cant find any place. 

May 9, 2012 at 11:59 AM Post #130 of 4,701
@Claus-DK

If I have to choose between the 671 and HI 2050 for gaming, which would be the best?

I'm not looking at price, or music preference.
I don't know if you're a gamer, but I do it competitive and would like the headphone that is best for footsteps and positioning.
I don't care about the sound of the explosions...

BTW: At the moment I use the Superlux 668B for gaming.

Thanks in advance!

May 9, 2012 at 1:18 PM Post #131 of 4,701
The 2050 are open so you will get more detail. I can hear EVERYTHING when playing COD or BF3
Quote:
@Claus-DK

If I have to choose between the 671 and HI 2050 for gaming, which would be the best?

I don't know if you're a gamer, but I do it competitive and would like the headphone that is best for footsteps and positioning.

Thanks in advance!

May 9, 2012 at 1:52 PM Post #132 of 4,701
Quote:
@Claus-DK

Thanks in advance!

I am not a gamer, other than wordfeud that is..
But would you not be better served with a closed headphone ?? then you would not be disturbed by noises around you
Is footsteps and positioning what it says or a kind of music ?? the last couple of years it seems to me that every new group is making their own genre, but if it is what it says in my opinion you would need as big a stage as possible..

The above is just to underline I am a Dinosaur LOL

The comfort of both phones is about equal, 671 being a bit ahead
The 671 has the widest stage, so the direction of footsteps should be more precise.

The disadvantage of 671 compared to 2050 is the size, the 671 is HUGE, not very heavy, but still big and I might add goofy looking, also they have a coiled cable and a 6,4 mm jack ..

So to sum up I think that the sound from the 671 would suit your needs best, but if you move around and nods your head while playing I would go for the 2050..

2050 is also easier to transport if you have to do that..

I am quite sure you will be happy whichever of them you do choose, as the are quite close in their signatures, 2050 just adds a bit of bass and have a slightly smaller stage, also please note than none of them perform at their best from a laptop or PC headphone out, they do need a bit more grunt and control than most soundcards are able to deliver..

May 10, 2012 at 9:27 AM Post #133 of 4,701

Users who are viewing this thread

Back