The StratoKOSSter – A closed DIY headphone based on the Koss KSC-75 driver and Grado cup design
May 23, 2015 at 10:59 AM Post #183 of 219
Well i planning to make the L cushion myself, the only thing that still make me think what material should i use? What foam will work best? Will it affect the sound? Still a baby at the hi fi problem

May 23, 2015 at 11:26 AM Post #187 of 219
Aug 22, 2015 at 4:14 PM Post #189 of 219
If anyone has a spare one of these, I'd like to buy one!

EDIT: Also, it may actually be cheaper to buy an SR60 and close its back and add foam padding.

Jun 24, 2016 at 8:33 AM Post #192 of 219
sorry for resurrecting such an old thread...

im planning to build my own stratoKossters since i just recently had my grados "woodied" and i have a spare set of ksc75s. i'd just like to ask a few questions.

1. what material would be suitable to line the insides of the cups? dont have access to acoustic foam (in small quantities) although i did manage to find a thin sheet of regular foam (used in packaging small items). would this be ok? should i glue it on the sides or would double adhesive tape work? oh, and i have a sheet of relatively thick adhesive felt-ish material (furniture feet protectors). would this provide better results than foam?

2. i was planning to cover the hole of the outer cup with a bottle cap, similar to snapple caps. would this work or should i just go look for/make a flat piece?

Jun 24, 2016 at 10:20 AM Post #193 of 219
sorry for resurrecting such an old thread...

im planning to build my own stratoKossters since i just recently had my grados "woodied" and i have a spare set of ksc75s. i'd just like to ask a few questions.

1. what material would be suitable to line the insides of the cups? dont have access to acoustic foam (in small quantities) although i did manage to find a thin sheet of regular foam (used in packaging small items). would this be ok? should i glue it on the sides or would double adhesive tape work? oh, and i have a sheet of relatively thick adhesive felt-ish material (furniture feet protectors). would this provide better results than foam?

2. i was planning to cover the hole of the outer cup with a bottle cap, similar to snapple caps. would this work or should i just go look for/make a flat piece?

What cup are you using?

Jun 24, 2016 at 11:11 AM Post #194 of 219
What cup are you using?

using the outer cups from an sr325is (aluminum, i think) and possibly wooden inner cups/sleeves since the stock ones were cut to liberate the drivers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back