The Stax thread
Sep 9, 2006 at 5:04 AM Post #482 of 2,694
Yes, it was zzz's personal KGSS and is one of his later designs. I think the stepped attenuator alone on it probably cost most of what I paid. Mikhail of Singlepower is familiar with his work and said it's pretty good, although, I am going to have him upgrade the power supply. IMHO, the reason I got it so cheap it that it isn't in perfect cosmetic condition. It has a small dent on the top that is hardly noticeable from the front.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Azure
I am aware that something like the KGSS is supposed to be several times better than any STAX amp, but I simply cannot afford it (It'd take me nearly a full year to save up enough money to blow on a KGSS, and there are other things I want to buy with my money other than headphone stuff
smily_headphones1.gif
). You must have been really lucky to find a KGSS for $500 since it seems that they usually sell for at least a grand (There was one that went for $400 and another for $700, but that was 2 years ago and seems to have been an older design from HeadAmp). I'm guessing the one you bought was DIY?

Talking net price (after selling the 313), the SRM-717 would be ~$250. Then I just need to get a decent DAC and I can have a fully balanced system
lambda.gif

Happy Listening!
gs1000.gif

Sep 9, 2006 at 9:58 PM Post #484 of 2,694
Quote:

Originally Posted by duderuud
Can anyone tell me what stax lambda combo this is exactly? And what it is worth?

28852phpOLoX1r.JPG

SRD-7 Pro and Lambda Pro. A nice combo indeed.

It's not worth very much, so sell it to me~
lambda.gif
Seriously though, the price fluctuates a lot, but you're looking at several hundreds of dollars.

Sep 10, 2006 at 2:14 AM Post #486 of 2,694
after reading the latest here, i put on my Lambda Pros after a month of not doing so (i do that sorta thing to keep cans fresh over the long haul, helps stave off boredom). my lord. "Diamonds on the Soles of her Shoes" from the remastered "Graceland." i swear my head was spinning by the end in the beauty.

Sep 10, 2006 at 4:03 AM Post #487 of 2,694
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn
after reading the latest here, i put on my Lambda Pros after a month of not doing so (i do that sorta thing to keep cans fresh over the long haul, helps stave off boredom). my lord. "Diamonds on the Soles of her Shoes" from the remastered "Graceland." i swear my head was spinning by the end in the beauty.

Don't go overdosing on that る, now Jahn.
orphsmile.gif

Sep 10, 2006 at 11:57 AM Post #489 of 2,694
Quote:

Originally Posted by educator
I have a chance to buy used Omega II headphones and a Stax 007t driver for $1700. Is it a good deal?

Seems like a pretty good deal to me.
Considering that a new system cost $3000 from Audio Cubes II, and most probably noticeable more in your local store.

Sep 10, 2006 at 2:39 PM Post #490 of 2,694
Quote:

I have a chance to buy used Omega II headphones and a Stax 007t driver for $1700. Is it a good deal?

You just bought Larry's creation, and now this!? Why, David, why!?
lambda.gif

But yes, that is a good deal.

Sep 10, 2006 at 7:55 PM Post #491 of 2,694
Quote:

If you pass on this, please let me know, as I am interested in putting together a system with Omega II's and that sounds like a fair price.

Sep 10, 2006 at 10:01 PM Post #492 of 2,694
Quote:

It turned out to be a scam. Fortunately I figured it out in time. I bid that amount in an auction on ebay which closed at $2400. After the auction finished I got a fake "second chance" offer in my email. I got very excited at first, since I also thought that was a good deal even though I just bought Larry's special creation. But then I sawthat in "My Messages" on the ebay site there was no such offer. That means the offer is fake. Luckily I cought the scam before it was too late. I guess high value auctions on ebay are attractive targets for scammers. Everyone should be careful.

Sep 11, 2006 at 12:07 AM Post #494 of 2,694
bah. you lucky Dutch and your Lambda Pros. -.- been looking for those for a month now. And that SRD-7 Pro...-drool-.

Sep 11, 2006 at 1:41 AM Post #495 of 2,694
Quote:

It turned out to be a scam. Fortunately I figured it out in time. I bid that amount in an auction on ebay which closed at $2400. After the auction finished I got a fake "second chance" offer in my email. I got very excited at first, since I also thought that was a good deal even though I just bought Larry's special creation. But then I sawthat in "My Messages" on the ebay site there was no such offer. That means the offer is fake. Luckily I cought the scam before it was too late. I guess high value auctions on ebay are attractive targets for scammers. Everyone should be careful.

Hahahaha! I also bid in that auction and got the same scam email. I figured it was a scam, but I asked seller...I have not heard from him yet. I bid up to 2375, and that is what he offered it to me for...you probably would have gotten a better deal! (Well, in fantasy land anyway).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back