The Stax Thread III
Jun 22, 2015 at 8:02 PM Post #5,221 of 25,627
I think he's just feeding the transformer box, it doesn't really matter what's in front

Jun 22, 2015 at 8:19 PM Post #5,222 of 25,627
to bring it back to actual amplifiers:

87ec2539717b5b1273a7cf7167965b37.jpg

need some spiked feet to reduce the temperature inside the case.

also in the spirit of Kevin, needs a wooden knob

Jun 23, 2015 at 4:55 AM Post #5,224 of 25,627
  Get a better amp, thinker.

The picture has only one amp AMB the other is a transformer box for Stax phones.I have had many Stax amps including Transistoramp V4 the Verto trumps easily all of them.The Verto is dead silent no AC noises etc. it produces a very large soundstage now i get also a front stage for Lambdas wich is interesting.The Verto is very detailed and smooth at the same time with excellent treble i miss no details, very musical violons ,female voices crystal clear .The sound is quite a bit different what you get from 727 or 007 it's more relaxed like a big tube amp.I was stunned when i heard the first notes yesterday, just.. wow ..that tiny black box.

Jun 23, 2015 at 7:32 AM Post #5,225 of 25,627
I have had many Stax amps including Transistoramp V4 the Verto trumps easily all of them.The Verto is dead silent no AC noises etc. it produces a very large soundstage now i get also a front stage for Lambdas wich is interesting.The Verto is very detailed and smooth at the same time with excellent treble i miss no details, very musical violons ,female voices crystal clear .The sound is quite a bit different what you get from 727 or 007 it's more relaxed like a big tube amp.I was stunned when i heard the first notes yesterday, just.. wow ..that tiny black box.

I haven't heard an SRM-727, but have a 717 and 007t with both 007 and 009, and saying the Verto trumps Stax amps doesn't mean a lot IMO. Now if the Verto trumped an SRM-T2, ( although I've never heard a T2 ) then that would probably be a different matter.

Jun 23, 2015 at 10:42 AM Post #5,228 of 25,627
I haven't heard an SRM-727, but have a 717 and 007t with both 007 and 009, and saying the Verto trumps Stax amps doesn't mean a lot IMO. Now if the Verto trumped an SRM-T2, ( although I've never heard a T2 ) then that would probably be a different matter.

Why should a $600-700 transformer box be compared to an $10K dedicated electrostatic amp?

Jun 23, 2015 at 10:48 AM Post #5,229 of 25,627
Because they can both drive the same headphone.

If one barely does the job and the other does a supurb job, it proves one is better than the other.

Although, it must be said that some tin-eared tone-deaf and totally disinterested listeners may not be able to discern any difference between toe two.

Hearing acuity and interest in better reproduction of sound are not universally equal in the human species.

Jun 23, 2015 at 11:00 AM Post #5,230 of 25,627
  Because they can both drive the same headphone.

If one barely does the job and the other does a supurb job, it proves one is better than the other.

Although, it must be said that some tin-eared tone-deaf and totally disinterested listeners may not be able to discern any difference between toe two.

Hearing acuity and interest in better reproduction of sound are not universally equal in the human species.

Who have heard Verto? i am not interested what the source is for Stax phones is it BHES or T2 or whatever i am only interested what is delivered to my ears .All i can say that Verto is much better on every area than any Stax amp.Maybe there are better sources somewhere i don't know let me know if there are.

Jun 23, 2015 at 11:10 AM Post #5,232 of 25,627

Who have heard Verto? i am not interested what the source is for Stax phones is it BHES or T2 or whatever i am only interested what is delivered to my ears .All i can say that Verto is much better on every area than any Stax amp.Maybe there are better sources somewhere i don't know let me know if there are.

Are you implying you've heard all Stax amps? I'd imply you're shilling for Audiovalve. Surprise surprise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back