The Stax Thread III
Jun 19, 2015 at 11:49 AM Post #5,206 of 25,682
i believe they offer a warranty but I don't know if that one year starts when you pay PJ or when PJ pays the shop.

If you buy any SRM amp from PJ, take a look at their page, they offer an external Churi transformer option (I.e. It's still still a 100V amp).

I believe that PJ does not offer a warranty per se, but acts as the go between the original seller and their buyer to honor that distributor's warranty.

The buyer must pay shipping both ways and sometimes wait while it is passed thru several hands. .

More as a service to their customers on PJ's part and not directly responsible, I'd say.

Jun 19, 2015 at 11:53 AM Post #5,207 of 25,682

I believe that PJ does not offer a warranty per se, but acts as the go between the original seller and their buyer to honor that distributor's warranty.

The buyer must pay shipping both ways and sometimes wait while it is passed thru several hands. .

More as a service to their customers on PJ's part and not directly responsible, I'd say.

PJ calls it 'Warranty'. The buyer's relation and the responsibility for this policy is with PJ. What happens behind the scene is interesting to PJ, but not so much for the buyer. This is little different from a dealer who might pass an item to a distributor/service center/RMA for repairs etc.

T&Cs for warranty seem to me stated quite clearly:
http://pricejapan.com/front/e_warranty.php

If I was to comment on my experience with PJ's warranty process is that the communication is functional, but not great, also due to language/cultural barriers. If one is not prepared for it, it can come as a surprise to western expectations.

Jun 19, 2015 at 1:53 PM Post #5,208 of 25,682
Hey everyone.  Odd request here, but it never hurts to ask.

I've put together a Chicago area headphone meet for June 27th.  Going to be a few stax heads there this time.  I just found out that someone is going to bring the Koss 950 setup, but they are using the stock amp to drive them.  I would love to hear these driven properly out of the few stax amps that will be there, as they have been on my radar.

so the question is, would anyone who has it, be willing to let me borrow their Koss 950 to Stax pro adapter?  I'll pay for any shipping, and even pay a few bucks to you for rental via paypal gift.  Or I'll donate some monies to head-fi.  whatever.  I know its a long shot, but it never hurts to ask.  I've been around here a while, and I think that I am trusted.

Thank you for considering.  It would be nice to have this as another listening option at the meet.

Jun 22, 2015 at 4:56 AM Post #5,212 of 25,682
Racer11

You Can only decide for Youself by listening, but Stax 007 & 009 are more 'soft hidding' in the bass compered to something like HD800, just a different presentation, one Thing for sure nothing Can beat Stax for vocals.

Jun 22, 2015 at 6:06 AM Post #5,214 of 25,682
there's a dead spot in the 009 around 50-60 hz compared to the 007, but you probably just need to try them out side by side to notice, let alone care

that difference is less obvious compared to how each of those headphones handle treble

Jun 22, 2015 at 6:08 AM Post #5,215 of 25,682
Well that was for I where trying to refer to, that 009 doesnt provide the same sense of weight/heft, but its sounds more natural, lifelike if you will. 
009 has a beautiful and very precise bass and extended treble, I personally like the 007 better, but it doesnt go as low as 009 and doesn't have that sprakly treble as 009.
Both world class end-game headphones/earspeakers. 

Jun 22, 2015 at 12:54 PM Post #5,216 of 25,682
ordered just for fun the Verto and got it from Audiovalve and had a brief  listen with SR-OO9 and Stax Lambda signature,......wait a minute
basshead.gif
.........this device trumps easily every Stax amp out there and is better than the DIY amp wich i have.This unit is very musical and powerful and airy,Verto caused now a problem because i prefer now Lambda signature to SR-OO9... heh...

Jun 22, 2015 at 3:03 PM Post #5,217 of 25,682
Get a better amp, thinker.

Jun 22, 2015 at 3:52 PM Post #5,219 of 25,682

that ugly two chassis amp is amb with strong power supply ,not bad at all

Sir, I was referring to that atrocious Verto. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back