The Sennheiser Orpheus 2? A First Look At The Sennheiser HE-1 (The New Orpheus)
Nov 3, 2015 at 9:26 AM Post #61 of 2,918
Well it's a statement product - not meant to be the product that necessarily reap profits for the company. So cost no object as a rule of thumb for such product I found no problems with.

Anyways, hey @Rosmadi Mahmood do you have any idea when or where Sennheiser will post some sort of tour dates? Thanks

Nov 3, 2015 at 9:27 AM Post #62 of 2,918
  The only sad thing about this is the fact that a lot of people who can afford it, and most people who will buy it, will buy it just because they can, not because they really, really love audio.

True this.

The sad thing is something so expensive probably doesn't go to true enthusiasts that would respect such a thing and being a marvel of human engineering, but instead to spoiled brats. Kinda ticks me off just thinking about such things.

Such is just life though. I may one day get it and truly love and respect it. I just imagine making a long intimidating hallway with, at the end of it, huge doors that open to some crazy soundproofed room with this on a marble pedestal in the center of it with just a small stool or something in front of it. There would have to be some kind of cermonial clothes and a special ritual you'd have to do to use it or something, hahaha. Hey if we're going to have a headphone cult like Head-Fi we may as well go all the way with it, right?

I probably won't be able to do it anytime soon but I'm quite young. Perhaps I'll get to do it with whatever it's successor is in that 25 years he mentioned. Something to look forward to anyway.

Nov 3, 2015 at 9:33 AM Post #63 of 2,918
lol @ the discussion that is currently taking place. This particular headphone is just an extreme example of what we engage in when we buy our own cans. Everyone is just bitter that there is finally a headphone out there that is currently out of reach even among high-end head-fi'ers 

Nov 3, 2015 at 9:52 AM Post #65 of 2,918
At RMAF I heard a heard a headphone rig that costs about $40k, so 55 is in the range for crazy folks that buy 250000 worth of cable for their stereo. I had lunch with a guy that was talking about the new sonos faber speaker how they were "only" $68k. (Might have been only $98k). There's a small world of extremely dedicated audiophiles out there that will pay whatever it cost to get the best sound.

Heck, there are DACs that cost more that these new sennheisers.

Nov 3, 2015 at 9:56 AM Post #67 of 2,918
I could buy at least 25 nos of HD800 or HD800S and perhaps the headphones can be kept up to my grand grand grand grand x N sons.....with 50k Euro...

Nov 3, 2015 at 10:09 AM Post #69 of 2,918
I will never forget the experience I had the first time I heard the he90. It was...cathartic, rapture for an audiophile. I never expected Sennheiser to release a successor, but I'm glad that they did. Maybe one day I'll have the pleasure to experience it. 

Nov 3, 2015 at 10:14 AM Post #71 of 2,918
Since the Orpheus and the HD800S are out, is there any news on the closed-back flagship?

Nov 3, 2015 at 10:14 AM Post #73 of 2,918
  Where can I hear it? Since there is no way I can afford one

Stalk Jude. He stalks the he1060. 
wink.gif

Nov 3, 2015 at 10:21 AM Post #75 of 2,918
I am hesitant to disagree with the bright informed members here at HF but there are audiophiles still spending hundreds of thousands on 2channel speaker systems so I imagine these stats will fly off the shelves. The millionaires/billionaires routinely buy $100,000.00 for Patek watches so the market for these beauties exist...... BUT NOT FOR ME...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back