The Sennheiser HD 800: The First Listen, The First Review
Mar 13, 2009 at 1:41 PM Post #3,646 of 5,928
Quote:

Originally Posted by dallan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Gives my Zana Deux time to break. And besides in another month with this economy or an unexpected emergency it could be a godsend not to buy them yet, you just never know.

homer_drooling.jpg

Mar 13, 2009 at 3:00 PM Post #3,648 of 5,928
The sad part is that they (sennheiser) have got me over a damn barrel!! There's really not much else out there... hopefully in a couple of years there will be more competition at this price point!! More choices!!
mad.gif
mad.gif
*hint* AKG,Beyer,somebody!!!!!?!?!

Mar 13, 2009 at 3:25 PM Post #3,650 of 5,928
Quote:

Originally Posted by Morph201 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The sad part is that they (sennheiser) have got me over a damn barrel!! There's really not much else out there... hopefully in a couple of years there will be more competition at this price point!! More choices!!
mad.gif
mad.gif
*hint* AKG,Beyer,somebody!!!!!?!?!

You don't consider the Grado PS1000 or Ultrasone ED8 to be competition?

Mar 13, 2009 at 3:38 PM Post #3,653 of 5,928
Quote:

Originally Posted by SleepyOne /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If the cosmetic issue is about changing to another colour....then all will be forgiven!

I wish!

My theory on ugliness of HD800

Engineer1: I'm sad that many of our customers don't really care about audio quality. They just want something pretty and in style.
Engineer2: I've got an idea. Let's make the best sounding can ever, but let's also make it the ugliest, dorkiest looking can ever. Then we'll know that only those that truly care about good sound buy our cans!
Engineer1: Let's dew it!

Mar 13, 2009 at 5:22 PM Post #3,654 of 5,928
Quote:

Originally Posted by nor_spoon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hmmm...
frown.gif

What a shame!
First around month change February/March, and now late April.
angry_face.gif

Waiting is probably part of the fun though! As long as its not another Westone 3 story..

Mar 13, 2009 at 5:30 PM Post #3,655 of 5,928
Quote:

Originally Posted by Morph201 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That was the official Sennheiser "excuse"... read JorgeC's post in the Headroom forum. I'm with Pabbi on this one. They did a better job marketing it then actually trying to stick to something close to the initial deadline.

They've only moved the time frame by a month. And what marketing? Sennheiser has only done the two shows, put them up on the website, and made a promotional pamphlet. Nobody has done any reviews and Jude's the closest thing we've got to a preview. You guys are just feeding on each other. Sennheiser hasn't said much on the product, probably because there isn't much to say at all. Out of the hundreds of posts made here there are maybe only half a dozen people who have heard it and outside of Willet's posts I don't think there is anybody that can speak on Sennheiser's behalf.

Mar 13, 2009 at 9:04 PM Post #3,658 of 5,928
from Amazon website:

...'Product Description
From the Manufacturer
There's has always been a debate between electronic reproduction and natural sound. The Sennheiser HD-800 is the headphone that has been specifically engineered in replicating the basic acoustic conditions of natural hearing. ... The HD-800 is the ultimate headphone to deliver nature.'...

similar talk was from AKG, when they promoted K400 and K500.

Mar 13, 2009 at 9:50 PM Post #3,659 of 5,928
Quote:

Originally Posted by dharma /img/forum/go_quote.gif
from Amazon website:

...'Product Description
From the Manufacturer
There's has always been a debate between electronic reproduction and natural sound. The Sennheiser HD-800 is the headphone that has been specifically engineered in replicating the basic acoustic conditions of natural hearing. ... The HD-800 is the ultimate headphone to deliver nature.'...

similar talk was from AKG, when they promoted K400 and K500.

LOL it's always fun reading the marketing or advertising of speaker and headphone companies. They all essentially say the same stuff "disappears and leaves the music" (few actually achieve that) or "we strive to deliver natural sound" or just as it sounded when I heard it "live in the studio".... what high end audio company doesn't go for that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back