The Sennheiser HD 800: The First Listen, The First Review
Jan 8, 2009 at 2:53 PM Post #242 of 5,928
The earpads look like they're held on by just some adhesive from a video on the Sennheiser website. They don't seem too high quality, either. And I still think the HD800 is ugly.

Also, Sennheiser saying "the cohesion of air molecules" is when I have to call ********. I don't see how a bigger diaphragm produces more detail, but I think I can believe that making a hole in a huge dynamic diaphragm does keep making it so big from being a terrible idea, although I'm not sure what sorts of funky stuff happen in the middle of it.

Jan 8, 2009 at 2:55 PM Post #243 of 5,928
This is gotta to be some kind of record here. Almost 250 posts and one day hasnt even passed. Took a while to read them all.
biggrin.gif

This really does look like SA5000 and Bose mated, as someone said.
smily_headphones1.gif

That MSRP is INSANE. Even though people have been waiting for these for years (and it shows in the amount of posts. i can already see Sennheiser representative doing mr. burns impersonation and smile
evil_smiley.gif
), the price is too high especially with this global economic recession going on.

I'm dying to hear one though...

Jan 8, 2009 at 2:57 PM Post #244 of 5,928
Quote:

Also, Sennheiser saying "the cohesion of air molecules" is when I have to call ********. I don't see how a bigger diaphragm produces more detail, but I think I can believe that making a hole in a huge dynamic diaphragm does keep making it so big from being a terrible idea, although I'm not sure what sorts of funky stuff happen in the middle of it.

I just started to wonder, how is the bass in this new type of dynamic driver design? Can it still reach deep AND hit hard enough?

Jan 8, 2009 at 2:58 PM Post #245 of 5,928
Dear oh dear. I await these demolishing the ED9s. Good timing for announcement now production of the ED9 has been canned (ha!). I shall need to consult with LobsterSan about who is getting a pair first and testing them against his extensive Stax collection, and my HD600s and Denons. January shall be damn busy.

Now...what can I sell.... I forsee that though the forums are suddenly quiet, the trading forums shall suddenly become insanely busy as people sell limbs, children, pets and all so they can get a pair.

Jan 8, 2009 at 3:01 PM Post #246 of 5,928
Quote:

Now...what can I sell.... I forsee that though the forums are suddenly quiet, the trading forums shall suddenly become insanely busy as people sell limbs, children, pets and all so they can get a pair.

LOL!

FS: One kidney and left testicle, traded for HD800.

Jan 8, 2009 at 3:06 PM Post #247 of 5,928
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nocturnal310 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anyone noticed how it looks like SA5000?

Edit: Ok..people did notice

As long as it doesn't SOUND like the SA5000 I'm OK with its look.
biggrin.gif

Jan 8, 2009 at 3:07 PM Post #249 of 5,928
Quote:

Originally Posted by elrod-tom /img/forum/go_quote.gif
As long as it doesn't SOUND like the SA5000 I'm OK with its look.
biggrin.gif

HEY! You are now talking about my favourite headphone! (so far
tongue.gif
)

Jan 8, 2009 at 3:14 PM Post #252 of 5,928
It looks really ugly. But i don't mind listening to it... seriously, can't they a more classic design like the 580/600/650. it just looks cheap to have some kinda sci-fi look to it.

Jan 8, 2009 at 3:17 PM Post #253 of 5,928
Quote:

Originally Posted by mofonyx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I actually like the design.

I don't know what most of you are on about.

Also, les_garten itching on adding up those post counts? :p

Heh! Sorry about the excitement!

Who hasn't been waiting for this to happen!

Even the Senn haters have to be saying hmmm, wonder how it sounds?? If you hate Senn's for the purpose of hating Senns, this has just "Rocked your World"

There is a disturbance in the force!

There's a Blue Pill -- Red Pill kinda thing about to happen.

Jan 8, 2009 at 3:21 PM Post #254 of 5,928
Quote:

Originally Posted by djork /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It looks really ugly. But i don't mind listening to it... seriously, can't they a more classic design like the 580/600/650. it just looks cheap to have some kinda sci-fi look to it.

Cuz they wanted a new design, and they also designed the whole shape of the cups that way because of the acoustics. Its important part of the sound production afterall.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back