1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

The Sennheiser HD 800: The First Listen, The First Review

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by jude, Jan 8, 2009.
First

Back
384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393
395 396
Next

Last
  1. Pinoyjaa
    Yeah, I have since quite a few used HD800 cans that have paint chips on them.  My HD700 still looks good with no paint chips after quite a few years of use.

2. daltonljj
    the HD800S paint job since to be more wear resistant 

3. daphen
    Is this a fact?

4. daltonljj
    its an observation i made. so others can feel free to correct me. i own the HD800 and that is what i feel when i handle the HD800S

5. daphen
    I agree. I listened to and felt both models today and the demo headphone they had of the hd800 was obviously completely trashed up. I went with the S, let's hope they last forever. No Bali trip for me this summer. Girlfriend will be pleased. :sweat_smile::ok_hand:

6. timgt
    I hope to one day hear a pair of HD800's in person. I have a pair of those HD6xx from massdrop coming soon but I still want to see what all the fuss is about with these HD800's

7. daltonljj
    Yes you should but only make your judgement when it is paired with an amp which is typically know to pair well with it. Its kinda picky with amps so YMMV. All the best and have fun with you 6xx

8. dimedrol

take a sheet of paper and while going through amp matching threads for HD800 write down every single amp that is said to be a good match with HD800. You will be surprised at how many amps those "picky" headphones are said to pair well with. I personally have an old Audiolab M-DAC (that I had had long before I got the HD800) and I can tell that it pairs great with HD800 and although I own three pairs of hi-fi speakers at home only the headphones never cease to amaze me with their sound.

9. dimedrol

if you wanna buy a one thousand dollar DAC, that's one thing. If you wanna buy a good sounding DAC - that's a different story. The truth is, I have an audiolab m-dac which you can get secondhand for about 400 bucks and my friend has M2Tech monoblocks with Van Der Graaf PSU costing $3k+ which is 7-8 times the difference, but the difference in the sound is... well... it's really hard to hear and even if you think you hear it, it's hard to define it or tell which device sounds better. They just both sound very good. I understand that owning an expensive device is a nice thing in itself, kind of making you feel happier, but technically it's just not worth it.

10. ubs28

Nope, but my 1 year old HD 800 S has no chipping so far so it's more resistant than the HD 800.

11. mtoc
    Folks, I know many of you already switched to other xx, like orths, if you still own these be-proud HD800, do NOT give them up. We should trust Sennheiser as trust our familys. Familys never let you down. Please be patient. HD800 may not be on par with the lastest crazy priced HPs, but I promise, in the next generation, they'll be mind blowing. Dawn is breaking.

12. Allanmarcus

If sennheiser comes up with a new headphone, what does it matter if we already own an HD800? Will there be an upgrade?

13. natalieann

Will I agree, I love both. How in the world would you know what Senn is doing in the future

14. sklonchpower
    Dear all! Could you be so kind to recommend worse price for used HD800? Is it worse to buy for 800$ or it overpriced?
    Kind regards.

15. Allanmarcus

For new, I would be suspicious of that price; it's too good for new.

For used, that is about right for a good to very good condition HD800 with the case and original cable. 

First

Back
384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393
395 396
Next

Last