The Sennheiser HD 800: The First Listen, The First Review
May 9, 2009 at 11:11 AM Post #4,891 of 5,928
I didn't knew, that some Guinean animals wear high-end headphones... we as a animal loving humans must free them from those things and quickly :wink:

Still don't see any reasons to be worried (only if price is not going up for any reasons)

May 9, 2009 at 3:56 PM Post #4,892 of 5,928
Quote:

Originally Posted by greggf /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wonder why some people masochistically feel that they/we deserve discipline at the hands of arrogant companies such as Sennheiser?

Could you clarify your meaning of this statement? When you say some people <adjective> feel that they/we deserve discipline...what is this in response to and why the feelings that Sennheiser is arrogant?

Thanks

May 9, 2009 at 7:41 PM Post #4,893 of 5,928
Pretty much the way that pabbi1 has been using the word arrogant. More or less the dictionary definition. And by discipline, I mean in the sense that Foucault uses the word. "Kept in line." Kept in line, in this case, since February or January. Literally.
biggrin.gif

May 9, 2009 at 10:42 PM Post #4,895 of 5,928
"Does that mean we're all in The Panopticon?"

"Panopticon" = internet forums! IMO!!
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif

May 9, 2009 at 11:16 PM Post #4,896 of 5,928
Foucault ?!?!?!?!

You had to mention him !!!

May 10, 2009 at 5:15 AM Post #4,898 of 5,928
Quote:

Originally Posted by LFC_SL /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Am I right in understanding that since I posted up my Bristol Show impressions, you guys with the mo-nay are still waiting?

Well at least summer is closer and the sun will be shining
smile.gif

I'll wait until the snow flies! Jude's ears are similarly tuned to mine so, after reading his impressions....I'm feeling pretty confident that these 800s will be jewels.

Looking forward to hearing these....but the anticipation is simply wonderful and I'm basking in it and, as far as I see, this wait is weeding out the unworthy.

Cheers!

beerchug.gif

May 10, 2009 at 5:19 AM Post #4,899 of 5,928
Quote:

Originally Posted by greggf /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Pretty much the way that pabbi1 has been using the word arrogant. More or less the dictionary definition. And by discipline, I mean in the sense that Foucault uses the word. "Kept in line." Kept in line, in this case, since February or January. Literally.
biggrin.gif

This is no help to me at all....I don't need a dictionary, dude...just don't get where quality or supply issues = arrogance....get a clue or give one, please....hey....thanks. As far as your other adjectives go...hell, yeah...I can edict or ethesaurus too...so what's that mean?

Again, what r u meaning by Sennheiser being arrogant?

It's kinda laughable.

May 10, 2009 at 5:22 AM Post #4,900 of 5,928
let's hope they are jewels....i still wonder if the production line versions will be as good as the early testing/reviewing, thoroughly massaged versions

May 10, 2009 at 6:09 AM Post #4,901 of 5,928
Quote:

Originally Posted by bergman2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
let's hope they are jewels....i still wonder if the production line versions will be as good as the early testing/reviewing, thoroughly massaged versions

Yes, I wonder this also but what gives me solace is to know that if I am not thoroughly satisfied, I will return them within 30 days. I've loved my Senns and this leads me to believe that these will STILL be shockingly astounding.

May 10, 2009 at 6:14 AM Post #4,902 of 5,928
excellent...i already smell a good b-stock deal

May 10, 2009 at 6:31 AM Post #4,903 of 5,928
My take on the availability issue.

I think that Sennheiser is taking the time to get stock of the HD 800'S to their agents with the express instruction of not letting this fact leak out.
They are then going to use the Munich High End Show as their platform for the launch. When this happens the phones will be ready to go with immediate effect.

What a bombshell

Any thoughts on this take

Genesis

May 10, 2009 at 6:48 AM Post #4,904 of 5,928
I had the same thoughts regarding Munich High End, which I mentioned a couple pages ago. Both being in SA, we must be talking to the same crowd
biggrin.gif

May 10, 2009 at 6:56 AM Post #4,905 of 5,928
Quote:

Originally Posted by xenithon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I had the same thoughts regarding Munich High End, which I mentioned a couple pages ago. Both being in SA, we must be talking to the same crowd
biggrin.gif

Ja Boet

Braaivleis en Bier en HD 800'S
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back