The Sennheiser HD 800: The First Listen, The First Review
Mar 29, 2009 at 6:41 PM Post #4,096 of 5,928
I'm beginning to think that this whole HD800 thing is yet another false rumor. We've had these threads before. Some thought it would be HD700, HD750, or whatever. Just another case of the Senn fan boys getting all excited about nothing.
wink.gif

Mar 29, 2009 at 7:08 PM Post #4,097 of 5,928
That would be a particularly cruel joke!
eek.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wmcmanus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm beginning to think that this whole HD800 thing is yet another false rumor. We've had these threads before. Some thought it would be HD700, HD750, or whatever. Just another case of the Senn fan boys getting all excited about nothing.
wink.gif

Mar 29, 2009 at 7:56 PM Post #4,098 of 5,928
And we would love it!

Mar 30, 2009 at 2:07 AM Post #4,100 of 5,928
Is there a chance that the push back is because they are trying to produce more units to keep with the demand before launch? I doubt it because they would want to get the product to their customers as soon as possible but there has to be a reason why they are delaying the launch.

Mar 30, 2009 at 3:04 AM Post #4,102 of 5,928
Quote:

Originally Posted by hockeyb213 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is there a chance that the push back is because they are trying to produce more units to keep with the demand before launch? I doubt it because they would want to get the product to their customers as soon as possible but there has to be a reason why they are delaying the launch.

I think it's in Sennheiser's best interest to meet initial demands. Otherwise, there will be a larger gray market where Sennheiser will lose potential customers.

Mar 30, 2009 at 3:09 AM Post #4,103 of 5,928
Quote:

Originally Posted by hockeyb213 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1117 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This would be the greatest April Fool's joke in the history of mankind.

Let me see, over 4100 posts about a headphone that can't even be purchased yet. Has anything like this ever happened in the history of Head-Fi?

Mar 30, 2009 at 5:34 AM Post #4,104 of 5,928
Quote:

Originally Posted by davidhunternyc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Let me see, over 4100 posts about a headphone that can't even be purchased yet. Has anything like this ever happened in the history of Head-Fi?

Only once before, when Bose announced the QuietComfort 3, but we eventually got over it.

Mar 30, 2009 at 5:47 AM Post #4,105 of 5,928
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wmcmanus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Only once before, when Bose announced the QuietComfort 3, but we eventually got over it.

Not as far as going 4000 posts.

Mar 30, 2009 at 6:15 AM Post #4,106 of 5,928
The longer it takes the better, every day it is just another day i can be satisfied with my current set up and have an extra $1400. in my account that i have set away for these things.....actually if it were an April fools joke it would almost be a relief after all this time.
But i know they will eventually be released, i will be relieved of my funds and will be amazed at the step up from my hd650s which by the way don't have a veil if used with a Zana Deux. Hopefully the 800s won't be to intense or aggressive with a set up that removes veil.

Mar 30, 2009 at 10:32 AM Post #4,107 of 5,928
Quote:

Originally Posted by dallan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hopefully the 800s won't be to intense or aggressive with a set up that removes veil.

That's exactly what I'm hoping too!
After the latest updates I did on my B52 (power cords, ECC802S and Tung Sol 5687 tubes), my HD650 got an amount of detail and clarity which I didn't believe it would have achieved. But I really hope this won't bring harshness in the (supposedly) brighter HD800. Some tuberolling should take care of it should that happen, but given how rare and expensive these tubes were, I wouldn't like to change them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back