The Sennheiser HD 800: The First Listen, The First Review
Mar 27, 2009 at 11:42 PM Post #4,066 of 5,928
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob T /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I will negotiate a deal where I get 50 cents for every book I sell from the publisher.
When the book is released, I will buy 2 million of my books (which should sell for $10.00 each), which will instantly make me a millionaire!

Let's see. Spend $20 million, to make $1 million. Yup, that's what got us in this mess in the first place!
tongue.gif

Mar 27, 2009 at 11:55 PM Post #4,068 of 5,928
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fido2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Word word...anyway....anybody got their HD800's yet?

Getting another loaner set next week. I'm almost done with my full review, and this will help. I've got other amps to try it with now, and I'm going to have a mini-Meet at the office to let a few more cats have a shot at listening to the HD 800. If I have time, I may take it up to Wadia's headquarters to (a) get my Wadia input board installed (if it's ready), and (b) bring the Lavry DA11, TTVJ FET-A, and a couple of my good portable amps, to give the HD 800 a listen while fronted by the Wadia 581se and the upcoming Wadia 381.

Some of you seem to be under the impression that I've been chillin' with the HD800 since it arrived here--I wish. No, I only had it for a week, or thereabouts. I'll be a happy Head-Fi'er when an HD800 makes its way back to me, which, again, I expect to happen next week.

Mar 28, 2009 at 12:04 AM Post #4,069 of 5,928
Quote:

Originally Posted by jude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Getting another loaner set next week. I'm almost done with my full review, and this will help. I've got other amps to try it with now, and I'm going to have a mini-Meet at the office to let a few more cats have a shot at listening to the HD 800. If I have time, I may take it up to Wadia's headquarters to (a) get my Wadia input board installed (if it's ready), and (b) bring the Lavry DA11, TTVJ FET-A, and a couple of my good portable amps, to give the HD 800 a listen while fronted by the Wadia 581se and the upcoming Wadia 381.

Some of you seem to be under the impression that I've been chillin' with the HD800 since it arrived here--I wish. No, I only had it for a week, or thereabouts. I'll be a happy Head-Fi'er when an HD800 makes its way back to me, which, again, I expect to happen next week.

Good... Think of it like a roman Cesar - you can only hide for so long not giving us a review without getting stabbed in the back by your closest relatives and replaced
wink.gif

Mar 28, 2009 at 12:42 AM Post #4,071 of 5,928
Quote:

Originally Posted by jude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Getting another loaner set next week...

I'll be a happy Head-Fi'er when an HD800 makes its way back to me, which, again, I expect to happen next week.

lol, that 1 or 2 weeks longer than me and I already paid!

Must be nice... I (along with others) am STILL waiting to see the thing in action!!
frown.gif

btw, can I get an invite, I'm in the Toledo area..
wink.gif

Mar 28, 2009 at 12:49 AM Post #4,072 of 5,928
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is it April (perhaps May) yet?

Ooops i must have blinked or not be paying close enough attention, now it's May? Yikes! Every time i turn around it's another month.
confused_face.gif

Mar 28, 2009 at 1:58 AM Post #4,073 of 5,928
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gamerphile /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Good... Think of it like a roman Cesar - you can only hide for so long not giving us a review without getting stabbed in the back by your closest relatives and replaced
wink.gif

Heh, fourtunately the Ides of March have passed, 2 weeks ago.
wink.gif

Mar 28, 2009 at 2:42 AM Post #4,074 of 5,928
Quote:

Originally Posted by murrays /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Heh, fourtunately the Ides of March have passed, 2 weeks ago.
wink.gif

That happens to have been my birthday too!

Mar 28, 2009 at 3:50 PM Post #4,077 of 5,928
Quote:

Originally Posted by wnmnkh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I still have feeling that HD800 may be delayed to August.

Might as well believe it, as no one is denying it. This year, or next?

You could also think there is an estoppel lawyers writ from Sony for patent infringement, since no one is denying that either.

Or, Sennheiser could just say something - God forbid.

Mar 28, 2009 at 4:33 PM Post #4,078 of 5,928
Quote:

Originally Posted by wnmnkh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I still have feeling that HD800 may be delayed to August.

Westone 3 anyone...?
tongue.gif

Sure don't hope it will be that delayed though.

Mar 28, 2009 at 6:15 PM Post #4,080 of 5,928
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Westone 3 anyone...?
tongue.gif

Sure don't hope it will be that delayed though.

I don't think I can handle that thought. No, that is not funny at all!!!!
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back