The Schiitstorm: Next-Gen Magni 2 and Modi 2 Family!
Dec 25, 2014 at 6:49 PM Post #661 of 1,909
  Thx for the response.   Soooo..  what exactly DOES "a more sophisticated analog section" mean ??     
And the second question I got : is the modi uber PSU will perform better than the modi when using the USB only?     

I'm not entirely sure. I asked a member of the Schiit Tech team and will get back to you once I receive answers.

Dec 26, 2014 at 9:12 AM Post #664 of 1,909
Dec 26, 2014 at 10:39 AM Post #665 of 1,909
Just received.  Will fire them up when I get home later (no 1/4" headphone adapter in the office)

New wall wart for the Magni 2U should be called a wall cyst instead.  It's a hefty brick.

Dec 26, 2014 at 10:51 AM Post #666 of 1,909
  Just received.  Will fire them up when I get home later (no 1/4" headphone adapter in the office)

New wall wart for the Magni 2U should be called a wall cyst instead.  It's a hefty brick.

it's heavier than the magni !

Dec 26, 2014 at 10:57 AM Post #668 of 1,909

Is there any way you could take a picture of the Magni 2U wall wart? I'm curious as to what it looks like size wise...

Sure can

Dec 26, 2014 at 11:01 AM Post #669 of 1,909
  Sure can

Thank You!
smile.gif

Dec 26, 2014 at 11:36 AM Post #670 of 1,909
Congrats buddy! Did you ever receive an email saying it shipped? And when did you put your order in?

Dec 26, 2014 at 11:41 AM Post #671 of 1,909
Ordered 12/12, received shipping confirmation 12/19

Dec 26, 2014 at 11:56 AM Post #672 of 1,909
  Ordered 12/12, received shipping confirmation 12/19

Hmm. I ordered mine at 5:21am on 12/13, and mine still hasn't been shipped. A bit disappointing, but I'm sure they're slammed with orders right now. I hope mine ships soon. 

Come to think of it, I haven't gotten my refund for my Modi/Magni return yet, either. 

Dec 26, 2014 at 12:28 PM Post #673 of 1,909

Hmm. I ordered mine at 5:21am on 12/13, and mine still hasn't been shipped. A bit disappointing, but I'm sure they're slammed with orders right now. I hope mine ships soon. 

Come to think of it, I haven't gotten my refund for my Modi/Magni return yet, either. 

Shoot them an email, be nice and ask questions, they are good people to deal with however you might be right about being slammed with orders.

Dec 26, 2014 at 1:38 PM Post #674 of 1,909
  http://schiit.com/about/on-deals

Exactly what I was thinking. Deals screw over the people who paid more in the past.

Awesome pic!

Which cables are you using? I was going to get the Schiit PYST cables to stack them.

...But then again...since I am planning to get at least one aftermarket headphone cable for the Abyss AB-1266 with dual mini XLR connectors and 4-pin XLR termination, then use that cable with other headphones via adapters...I'm thinking that the added weight could potentially cause the Magni 2 Uber to topple over if I stack it on top of the Modi 2 Uber. (They only weigh one pound each.)

Thx for the response.   Soooo..  what exactly DOES "a more sophisticated analog section" mean ??     
And the second question I got : is the modi uber PSU will perform better than the modi when using the USB only?     

Got a reply. Here are the questions and answers.

Q: What does "a more sophisticated analog section" mean?
A: That’s pretty much all we’re going to say about that.

Q: For the USB noise or power limitations you mentioned, would they always be obvious and dramatic, or more subtle in terms of what you hear?
A: Obvious and dramatic.

Q: Oh, and someone else wanted to know if the Modi 2 Uber PSU will perform better than the Modi when using USB. Any comments on how the sound of the Modi, Modi 2, and Modi 2 Uber differ would also be helpful. (I think I read that the latter two are supposed to sound the same.)

A: I’m sorry, we’re getting into real subjective sales-talk here, which we do not do: schiit.com/about/principles

Dec 26, 2014 at 1:53 PM Post #675 of 1,909
Originally Posted by Jason Stoddard /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey all,

Buckle up, because this is likely our biggest announcement of the year: the next-generation Magni 2 and Modi 2…together with their Uber counterparts.

There are four products in second-gen Magni/Modi family:

Magni 2. All-new discrete headphone amp with 1.2W RMS per channel (32 ohms) and switchable high/low gain, together with a refined constant-feedback gain stage. $99. 

Magni 2 Uber. All-new discrete headphone amp with 1.5W RMS per channel (32 ohms), switchable high/low gain, preamp outputs, and even more sophisticated constant-feedback gain stage. Also includes new 24VA wall transformer (3x larger than Magni) and aluminum top chassis and knob. $149.

Modi 2. All-new USB asynchronous DAC with switchable USB Class 1 and Class 2 modes. USB Class 1 remains driverless for all supported computers, USB Class 2 adds 24/192 capability, but requires drivers for Windows. $99.

Modi 2 Uber. All-new USB, optical, and coaxial three-input DAC running full USB Class 2 for 24/192 capability through all inputs. Essentially a mini Bifrost. AC linear power supply with included 8VA wall transformer. Aluminum pushbutton and top chassis. $149.

Magni 2, Magni 2 Uber, and Modi 2 are all in-stock and available now at schiit.com. Modi 2 Uber will take a few more days, sorry. It was a little later than we’d like, and we’re still testing and qualifying them.

Because we got bit by parts contamination on Fulla, I’m sure you have some questions, so I’ll address them here:

Is Modi 2/Uber going to have the same problem as Fulla?
No. We have fully qualified all Modi 2s in-house, and they do not have the same oscillator contamination problem. Modi 2 Ubers are still coming in, and they are also being 100% tested in-house at all sample rates.

Why release them now, so deep into December?
Well, besides the fact that we’re out of Magni, and that it’s two years since we launched Magni and Modi, the reality is, well, delays. Read Schiit Happened for the real story of what it takes to get products launched, and you’ll see what we mean.

Hey, I want a Modi 2 Uber for Christmas! Any possibility of that happening?
Maybe. As stated on the site, we’re looking at 7-10 days to shipping Modi 2 Ubers. If you’re close to us, and if things don’t slip again (or if we can move up the shipping date), maybe. But I wouldn’t be placing any big bets yet.

And…that’s it for products this year (12 new or updated, if you’re counting). Stay tuned for Yggdrasil…and more!

All the best,

Jason Stoddard

Co-Founder
Schiit Audio

Does the Magni 2 or Magni 2 Uber have an audible channel imbalance when the volume pot is very low?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back