The Predator, Portable Headphone Amp/USB DAC Combo
Oct 28, 2007 at 8:34 AM Post #61 of 987
Quote:

Originally Posted by oicdn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
From what I understand, optical EATS batteries. If he added optical, and the battery life was shortened, people would complain about battery life. People already complain about battery life being only 24+ hours on some amps. Also, it'd be one more component to add into the mix, and thus resulting in a larger amp....people complain about the size of a Hornet not being "ultra portable", lol. Hard crowd to please, lol.

I think Nate's right on all fronts though I also would appreciate an optical input option. That'd make it my updated companion (rather than the current Tomahawk or Hornet) with a H120/140 source.
icon10.gif

Can it be an option, Ray?

Oct 28, 2007 at 4:24 PM Post #64 of 987
Waiting in anticipation. I've been using the Hornet M daily and can't seem to put it down. This should be another EXCELLENT product!!!

Cheers...

Oct 28, 2007 at 11:36 PM Post #65 of 987
Quote:

Originally Posted by webbie64 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think Nate's right on all fronts though I also would appreciate an optical input option. That'd make it my updated companion (rather than the current Tomahawk or Hornet) with a H120/140 source.
icon10.gif

Can it be an option, Ray?

The H120/140 is my travel source because of the optical output. I do not have a portable source with a usb output. I don't know how to solve this one.

Oct 29, 2007 at 6:02 AM Post #68 of 987
Oh yeah, could you please put me in-line for the first batch of predators? Would appreciate it...

Cheers...

Oct 29, 2007 at 2:43 PM Post #70 of 987
I am new to the whole amp thing...

So let me get things straight:

You connect the amp with - in my case - the iPod Touch and you connect the earphones to the amp?

Will this amp increase the performance of high-end IEMs like Shure SE530 by much?

I am planning on buying the Westone 3's when they come out, but I guess nobody can tell if they benefit (much) from this (or in that case, any) amp?

Oct 29, 2007 at 3:02 PM Post #71 of 987
Well, if you were to use the line-out of the iPod feeding to the amp, it would make a difference compared to the headphone out. All you have to do is try out someone's amp and ipod and listen for yourself.

Cheers...

Oct 29, 2007 at 3:32 PM Post #72 of 987
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nebby /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is the Predator chargeable via USB power?

The answer is NO, the amp gets charged with it's own adaptor/charger, for 1-2 hours, will give you 7 days of play back at 8 hours per day. The DAC section gets it's power from the USB of the computer. only.
cheers.
Ray smauels

Oct 29, 2007 at 3:35 PM Post #73 of 987
Quote:

Originally Posted by outlandos /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am new to the whole amp thing...

So let me get things straight:

You connect the amp with - in my case - the iPod Touch and you connect the earphones to the amp?

Will this amp increase the performance of high-end IEMs like Shure SE530 by much?

I am planning on buying the Westone 3's when they come out, but I guess nobody can tell if they benefit (much) from this (or in that case, any) amp?

You have to use the line out of your ipod via special connector to the input of the predator. Not recommended to use the ipod headphone jack to the input of the predator or any other amp.
Ray samuels

Oct 29, 2007 at 6:05 PM Post #74 of 987
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ray Samuels /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You have to use the line out of your ipod via special connector to the input of the predator. Not recommended to use the ipod headphone jack to the input of the predator or any other amp.
Ray samuels

Ballpark figure for price Ray?

dont leave us hanging man!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back