The Predator, Portable Headphone Amp/USB DAC Combo
Oct 27, 2007 at 2:35 AM Post #46 of 987
The price is important.
However, this new RSA sound has charm than it!
rs1smile.gif

However, please make it a low price...

Oct 27, 2007 at 3:20 AM Post #47 of 987
Quote:

Originally Posted by T0M1TA /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The price is important.
However, RSA sound has charm than it!
rs1smile.gif

Any idea on the intro price?

Oct 27, 2007 at 2:49 PM Post #49 of 987
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lil' Knight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I hope it's between the Toma and Hornet
cool.gif

Umm,,yeah.....It has an amp AND a dac,and its quieter and better sounding...so...i think we can all keep dreaming.
wink.gif

Oct 27, 2007 at 6:29 PM Post #50 of 987
My guess is $500....which sucks, cause I want one...but I dunno if I want one THAT bad.

It's the only reason I haven't bought a LisaIII, cause $500 is just too steep. Eve if the Lisa had a DAC, I still think $500 is too steep.

Oct 27, 2007 at 10:49 PM Post #53 of 987
o mang, things like this and the pico might just do it for my both "home+portable rig" amp and DAC solution... for ~$500? i reckon that ain't a bad price at all!

too bad i cant afford it
redface.gif

Oct 28, 2007 at 1:00 AM Post #56 of 987
Ray it was a pleasure meeting you in Florida today. The predator sounds just awesome. Congratulations and good luck with it!

Please put me on the list.

Oct 28, 2007 at 1:55 AM Post #57 of 987
Quote:

Originally Posted by trose49 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Im going to guess much lower then 500 but what do I know!

Lets hope that's the case....I really would like one....this is really throwing a wrench in my spokes for a dedicated home DAC/Amp....

Oct 28, 2007 at 4:04 AM Post #58 of 987
Ray, the Predator looks very promising, with one major downside for me. No optical input. Is there any reason why the vast majority of headamp DAC's have USB connection over Optical?

Personally, as an Apple MacBook Pro user, I favour optical over USB, and have a desktop DAC/amp with optical input, but portables with optical seem to be almost non-existent, which means I'm without decent audio when travelling with the Mac unless I get my iPod iModded.

So is there a RSA DAC/amp with optical input on the horizon??

Cheers.

Oct 28, 2007 at 6:10 AM Post #59 of 987
Color me interested. I'd want to know pricing and performance too, but this looks good. I've always liked the way RSA products are built, and the way they perform sound-wise.

Hmm, Battle of the P's?

Oct 28, 2007 at 6:14 AM Post #60 of 987
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirium /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ray, the Predator looks very promising, with one major downside for me. No optical input. Is there any reason why the vast majority of headamp DAC's have USB connection over Optical?

Personally, as an Apple MacBook Pro user, I favour optical over USB, and have a desktop DAC/amp with optical input, but portables with optical seem to be almost non-existent, which means I'm without decent audio when travelling with the Mac unless I get my iPod iModded.

So is there a RSA DAC/amp with optical input on the horizon??

Cheers.

From what I understand, optical EATS batteries. If he added optical, and the battery life was shortened, people would complain about battery life. People already complain about battery life being only 24+ hours on some amps. Also, it'd be one more component to add into the mix, and thus resulting in a larger amp....people complain about the size of a Hornet not being "ultra portable", lol. Hard crowd to please, lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back