The Predator, Portable Headphone Amp/USB DAC Combo
Oct 25, 2007 at 1:19 PM Post #16 of 987
Looks great! Im kind os confused. When used as a DAC, with the PC, is the amp on too, amplifying the music, or does the DAC do that? And when used portably the portable amp is used.

This looks like it could be my first Amp/Dac purchase depending on price!

I would like to try an amp and dac....Looks perfect. And am i right in saying the first RSA DAC?

-= Matt =-

Oct 25, 2007 at 2:45 PM Post #19 of 987
Superrrrrr tinyyyyy
biggrin.gif
Even smaller than the Xin SuperMacro
biggrin.gif

Lookin' forward to seeing its chasis
biggrin.gif
And the price ...
frown.gif
frown.gif

Oct 25, 2007 at 4:03 PM Post #20 of 987
The battery must finally die someday and not take a charge....so,when this finally happens, how does one change the battery? It looks sandwiched between the two boards.
Thats my only concern. Other than that,it looks awesome,and im sure has the usual RSA quality and sound through out.
Maybe the size of something like a C&C Box+ or something.

Look at that big fat capacitor!!!
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 25, 2007 at 5:31 PM Post #22 of 987
Quote:

Originally Posted by Baines93 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Looks great! Im kind os confused. When used as a DAC, with the PC, is the amp on too, amplifying the music, or does the DAC do that? And when used portably the portable amp is used.

This looks like it could be my first Amp/Dac purchase depending on price!

I would like to try an amp and dac....Looks perfect. And am i right in saying the first RSA DAC?

-= Matt =-

When used as a USB Dac, the Dac is providing an analog pre-amplification signal, that analog signal is fed to the input of the Amp via switch.
The amp must be on to drive the headphones, as that signal is not powerfull enough to do that by itself.
Ray Samuels

Oct 25, 2007 at 8:00 PM Post #25 of 987
Quote:

Originally Posted by Drag0n /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The battery must finally die someday and not take a charge....so,when this finally happens, how does one change the battery? It looks sandwiched between the two boards.
Thats my only concern. Other than that,it looks awesome,and im sure has the usual RSA quality and sound through out.
Maybe the size of something like a C&C Box+ or something.

Look at that big fat capacitor!!!
smily_headphones1.gif

You'll probably have to send the DAC/AMP to Ray to get this done as LyIon are normally NOT user replaceable. Just my assumption based on other LyIon powered portable amps. Ray will have to confirm this.

Ray, it looks like the DAC is single IC solution, can you share which IC you are using? Thanks in advance!

Oct 25, 2007 at 8:51 PM Post #26 of 987
Very cool announcement. I will following the product info closely and may pick one up for Christmas.
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 26, 2007 at 12:30 AM Post #30 of 987
Quote:

Originally Posted by Richdel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I guess I know what I will be buying for my Christmas present.
icon10.gif

x2
etysmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back