The Predator, Portable Headphone Amp/USB DAC Combo
Oct 29, 2007 at 7:01 PM Post #76 of 987
I'll guesstimate somewhere around 400-450$. I don't think that's an unreasonable number considering the rest of the products we've seen so far, and a price comparison to the Pico.

Oct 29, 2007 at 7:34 PM Post #77 of 987
Maybe a bit off-topic but I will ask it anyway:

I am using an iPod Touch as my music source, now I know that's not a very professional source for good sound.

When I will add an amp to my Touch, will this increase the performance more than when I use a better source (like iAudio players)?

So to be clear my question is:

Will the difference in performance be bigger when using an amp with my Touch than when I would use it with a better source?

Damn it's hard to explain it clearly for me, as English ain't my first language, sorry.

Oct 29, 2007 at 8:00 PM Post #78 of 987
Quote:

Originally Posted by whie4x /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh yeah, could you please put me in-line for the first batch of predators? Would appreciate it...
Cheers...

Is Ray taking orders
basshead.gif
basshead.gif
If you are Ray, can you put me down for one as well please
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 29, 2007 at 8:11 PM Post #79 of 987
Quote:

Originally Posted by bunsco /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ballpark figure for price Ray?

dont leave us hanging man!

I'll say $499, because that's the price of the pico IIRC.

Oct 29, 2007 at 8:26 PM Post #80 of 987
I think Ray has better business sense than to charge more than his competitor (the pico).

So you might expect it to be around $500, but that is just a educated guess as I don't work for Ray and can't say for sure.

And considering Ray has ignored the price quote comments, I don't think he knows what he is going to charge yet.

Oct 29, 2007 at 9:47 PM Post #81 of 987
Quote:

Originally Posted by xnothingpoetic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think Ray has better business sense than to charge more than his competitor (the pico).

So you might expect it to be around $500, but that is just a educated guess as I don't work for Ray and can't say for sure.

And considering Ray has ignored the price quote comments, I don't think he knows what he is going to charge yet.

x2

Oct 29, 2007 at 10:56 PM Post #83 of 987
Quote:

Originally Posted by outlandos /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I am using an iPod Touch as my music source, now I know that's not a very professional source for good sound.

When I will add an amp to my Touch, will this increase the performance more than when I use a better source (like iAudio players)?

Will the difference in performance be bigger when using an amp with my Touch than when I would use it with a better source?

Damn it's hard to explain it clearly for me, as English ain't my first language, sorry.

I would recommend this question to be posted in the portable audio forum. "better" sources usually get better results. If you like your
"iAudio" source then you are always better to find whatever can connect to it if you are looking for improvements to what you already like. Now, if you change your source to an iTouch, an amplifier will certainly help bring more detail and instrument separation to to the sound but I have no idea how it will compare to your "iAudio" source in the same conditions.

I hope this helps.

david

Oct 30, 2007 at 12:28 AM Post #86 of 987
Quote:

Originally Posted by dmk005 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would recommend this question to be posted in the portable audio forum. "better" sources usually get better results. If you like your
"iAudio" source then you are always better to find whatever can connect to it if you are looking for improvements to what you already like. Now, if you change your source to an iTouch, an amplifier will certainly help bring more detail and instrument separation to to the sound but I have no idea how it will compare to your "iAudio" source in the same conditions.

I hope this helps.

david

Thanks, yes it does help!

And I will quit asking, as this isnt the place to do that.

And even though I am an amp nobody, I will make my guess too!

$399 + shipping

Oct 30, 2007 at 1:34 AM Post #88 of 987
1 MMMMMMMMILION dollars!

oh wait, lower is better?

375 pre and 475 post is my guess.

I want to see Ray's portables side-by-side...

Grrr, choices, choices...

Oct 30, 2007 at 2:06 AM Post #89 of 987
Quote:

Originally Posted by outlandos /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Actually, it's a decent source as it has a Line Out, just like all the other iPods. And since it's of the new variants, it's SQ is supposedly better than previous generations.

As far as source, if your Touch is you primary source right now, in my opinion it's not worth the money to get another DAP.

Can't wait to see the price of this beast. I hope the intro price is ~$300...I'de love to be able to snag one of these up...although, I dunno, seeing as how the only reason I would need a DAC would be at home...and I'm getting a dedicated DAC for the home rig....awe crapo...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back