The PENON official thread
Jun 4, 2023 at 2:04 AM Post #9,586 of 13,705
Jun 4, 2023 at 4:40 AM Post #9,587 of 13,705
My turn
IMG_E3931.JPG

The 10th is Flagship Totl Material!
From the get go impressions
Forecast was spot on. Mids quality is closer to the Volt, engaging, including the scale of imaging - on large side a la full size Headphones, the premium kind.
The Bass amplitude is compelling indeed! Big Sub-bass, man!!! No Bleed, Rhythmic, tuneful - Basshead class
The detailed Treble has plenty air, not difficult to hear - this'll take time than usual to open up more, ests' thing.
Technically efficient, with the Fun factor.
Folks will enjoy that bass, in perfect sync with the percussions, extremely fluid.
I can't take out the 10th out of my ears, LOL.
Later guys, more to come...

IMG_E3932.JPG

Happy weekend everyone...

Last edited:
Jun 4, 2023 at 7:24 AM Post #9,588 of 13,705
My turn
IMG_E3931.JPG

The 10th is Flagship Totl Material!
From the get go impressions
Forecast was spot on. Mids quality is closer to the Volt, engaging, including the scale of imaging - on large side a la full size Headphones, the premium kind.
The Bass amplitude is compelling indeed! Big Sub-bass, man!!! No Bleed, Rhythmic, tuneful - Basshead class
The detailed Treble has plenty air, not difficult to hear - this'll take time than usual to open up more, ests' thing.
Technically efficient, with the Fun factor.
Folks will enjoy that bass, in perfect sync with the percussions, extremely fluid.
I can take out the 10th out of my ears, LOL.
Later guys, more to come...

IMG_E3932.JPG

Happy weekend everyone...

Perfect when you need Vortex to complete the collection! Happy weekend indeed!

Jun 4, 2023 at 1:14 PM Post #9,591 of 13,705
Is there a comparison done, between Penon Serial and Penon 10th somewhere? They both are highly regarded, but what should one with a limited budget consider when deciding between these 2 iems?
Want warm, dark, hefty bass, slightly lacking in detail, clarity => Serial. Want faster bass, more detailed => 10th. Tbh, with limited budget, you should stay away from tribrid stuffs for now

Jun 4, 2023 at 1:16 PM Post #9,592 of 13,705
I'm like you btw. Looking for my first Penon and i'm 90% sure it's the Serial. 10% is the 10th

Jun 4, 2023 at 1:29 PM Post #9,593 of 13,705
If you have the money, the 10th is my choice.
Don't get me wrong. I love my Serial. But it is not on the level of the 10th.
If you wanted something slightly dark with lovely mids and a retro, analogue-like presentation: Serial. [Amazing with Vocal Jazz for instance].
10th is more of a Jack-of-all-trades, IMHO.

Jun 4, 2023 at 1:43 PM Post #9,595 of 13,705
Does someone has Serial and Aful Performer 8?
I would like to know what's is more suitable with Classic music (violins and flutes for instance) Jazz and vocals.
I know it's the third time I ask to do a comparison . I do like comparison... With comparison you understand what's is more your liking :)

Jun 4, 2023 at 2:51 PM Post #9,596 of 13,705
Thank you both! I was very much decided on the serial too. The serial definitely sounds like an iem that would make you really enjoy music.
It is. No matter what you put it against to. Serial is one of a kind, provided you like an analog signature. With its grandeur and shortcomings.

Jun 4, 2023 at 2:52 PM Post #9,597 of 13,705
Well... as some of you may know, lately I've only been listening to Impact. I don't have much listening time either, and almost everything is on the desktop. I've also updated my headphones, so between the Impact and the Elite I have a very good time. That raised me to make some sales and recover part of my last investments.

Today I've put on the Volt, and you know what... no way!, they stay!

I totally get this (also, rule number one: never ever listen to anything you are even remotely thinking of selling :p )

No way mine are going anywhere any time soon:

IMG_6415.jpeg

Volt + Totem + DTR1+

In analogue vocal surround sound heaven. Got this pic only because it finally needed charging.

I’ve been fortunate enough to play with some seriously good gear of late. And coming back to the DTR1+, it looks ridiculously antiquated in 2023. No balanced output, no streaming, no Bluetooth, no touchscreen even. Just an ultra purist DAP with the most musical, powerful single ended output that I’ve ever had the pleasure of hearing. Excellent with many of my IEMs, but its particular synergy with the Volt + Totem is unique and nothing short of transformational.

Last edited:
Jun 4, 2023 at 3:06 PM Post #9,598 of 13,705
Does Penon still sell blue Totem cable? As on website its all black.

Jun 4, 2023 at 3:09 PM Post #9,599 of 13,705
They don’t, as they changed the covering material and added the 3-in-1 plug thus not needing adapters. This lowered cost to make, resulting in a retail cost drop by $100.00.
Does Penon still sell blue Totem cable? As on website its all black.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back