The PENON official thread
Jan 26, 2024 at 6:10 PM Post #12,661 of 13,822
FATfreq, 64 Audio, FiR Audio, Hisenior and now TSMR use this vent system to help relieve ear pressure for a longer wear session. Having Owned, Used , Tested and played with each except TSMR.

TSMR has confirmed that you can also use 64 Audio APEX modules, FF is slightly diff as is FiR, so no go on the other brands and I don't know about HS is compatible.

But if TSMR is just using this as a pressure relief system as it sounds like this is fantastic news because it works.
I applaud TSMR for also growing, and stepping out of the mainstream and incorporate a well known real world system to ensure a great experience with this and hopefully all future sets.

TSMR also keeps saying the vents are not meant to be swapped out, and this makes sense because you are not using it to tune the bass with this set and instead have given us the switches.

FF, HS, and 64 are hot swappable - you can change while IEM is still in your ears. They sell and or include a variety of different tunings depending on the modules and how much air is released.

The thing to note is that all the other brands encourage you to play and tune for your personal taste.

Now the X uses tuning switches to alter the sound profile as does Hisenior

Secondly why I made my comment was looking at the top of the X Vent it looks like the vent hole is on top not drilled out inside the finger pulls like the others and to me looks like debris could get in there most easily.

I am looking forward to hearing this and seeing what they did and how it was implemented.
Debris can get in any hole from or back 😉 just speaking from experience...

Jan 27, 2024 at 3:18 AM Post #12,666 of 13,822
I've checked with Penon and the TSMR X will eventually be restocked at the discounted price and the mailing list discount will still be valid. So no need to rush to buy straight from the Tansio site.
I ordered straight from Tansio site and they send me an email it is sold out. I guess stocks were shared after all. Would have to wait untill 20th of February.

Jan 27, 2024 at 4:23 AM Post #12,667 of 13,822
BA timbre can be a hit or a miss depending on implimentations and the level of BA we are talking about. I know some folks are all about dynamics and dynamics only, natural purist?. Recent planar craze show a bit of minor issue for planar timbre as well but here once again some are better than others. You can tell the treble Sonion BAs are using BAs but not because the treble timbre is somehow not accurate or does it introduce any artificial tonal character. Its becuase the precision and sparkle is addictive and that precision definitley has to do with utilising two premium BAs for the treble aspects of its tuning. Mids has some of that BA timbre rigidness but what makes you look past that is its incredible imaging in space and spectacular sound separation it has. I am very certain Tansio is using some premium knowles for the mids here as well. The layering for the mids here is just incredible.

If you listen to live recordings you can actually hear each instruments in space at different parts of the head stage. This is what I am talking about. This only happens with multi kilobuck IEMS. Not so much for IEMs in the $399 range. Lol.

The TSMR-X might not have the most natural tonal character or are they the best for any one aspect of its sound tuning. But at this price level. It gets you very close to TOTL level sonics and for that. That is what separates these from just about anything I have heard at its price. I said it before and I will say it again. I have yet to hear a comparable product that does what this IEM does at this price level. None.

You can have a cheaper dynamic IEM that has better timbre but ends up sounding flat and uninspired. Or you can have a very well tuned TSMR-X that will clearly let you know your dealing with resolution, precision and sound on a level that you cannot get from that cheaper dynamic or actually comparable hybrids at the price range.

The real trump card for the TSMR-X is just how stupendously airy and spacious the sound can get. Oh yea and then there is that crazy actual real bass boost from the switches. Stock reference tuning is spectacular. Its got it all. If you don't come away listening to these not impressed. Then you have the right to call me out. Lol.
I'll hold you to it!!!

Jan 27, 2024 at 4:56 AM Post #12,668 of 13,822
My Quattro review is taking days to do. Where it is so transparent that it shows (dramatically) the personality of every source and every cable used. The sound is bigger than the Serial and better timbre than the Penon Volt or ISN EST50. And while not perfect, the Quattro has some tricks that it does different than any IEM I have ever heard! Yet due to the 4 DDs is not as agile as some BA timbre drivers, but the Quattro has incredibly natural tone and a giant involving tone footprint.
10827BD0-2D73-4091-AC59-EB62ED312EB0.jpeg

Test cables......

Penon Totem
Penon ASOS
ISN GC4
ISN CS02
Penon Mix
Included cable
ISN Solar

........and while during my review only two cables were a no-go, but unfortunately you will have to wait for the review to find out which two!

DSC_0082.jpegs.jpeg
DSC_0113.jpegqw.jpeg
DSC_0077.jpeg2.jpeg

Last edited:
Jan 27, 2024 at 4:58 AM Post #12,669 of 13,822
FATfreq, 64 Audio, FiR Audio, Hisenior and now TSMR use this vent system to help relieve ear pressure for a longer wear session. Having Owned, Used , Tested and played with each except TSMR.

TSMR has confirmed that you can also use 64 Audio APEX modules, FF is slightly diff as is FiR, so no go on the other brands and I don't know about HS is compatible.

But if TSMR is just using this as a pressure relief system as it sounds like this is fantastic news because it works.
I applaud TSMR for also growing, and stepping out of the mainstream and incorporate a well known real world system to ensure a great experience with this and hopefully all future sets.

TSMR also keeps saying the vents are not meant to be swapped out, and this makes sense because you are not using it to tune the bass with this set and instead have given us the switches.

FF, HS, and 64 are hot swappable - you can change while IEM is still in your ears. They sell and or include a variety of different tunings depending on the modules and how much air is released.

The thing to note is that all the other brands encourage you to play and tune for your personal taste.

Secondly why I made my comment was looking at the top of the X Vent it looks like the vent hole is on top not drilled out inside the finger pulls like the others and to me looks like debris could get in there most easily.

I am looking forward to hearing this and seeing what they did and how it was implemented.
Thanks for your detailed explanation.
I wish i could hear HS T4 to see if i like the tuning as i found what you did very interesting and i wish to do something similar too.
Please give your feedback once you hear this one from Tansio Mirai

Jan 27, 2024 at 7:30 AM Post #12,671 of 13,822

Living vicariously through you. The more I read about this IEM, the more interesting it seems. Having APEX vents on a budget friendly (at least more so than 64 audio) is great. That venting system is game changing, comfort-wise.

Jan 27, 2024 at 7:33 AM Post #12,672 of 13,822
It's a sort of explanation, but for now, it's just a hypothesis. So it's a little difficult to be so affirmative
Yes, but its the better that we got yet..
Anyway, lets wait for this iem to arrive at the hands of the first buyers so we could have more impressions about it 😉

Jan 27, 2024 at 8:50 AM Post #12,673 of 13,822
You should be on Penon’s payroll no doubt

He already is. We're at the point where a "reviewer" is literally announcing their products for them. For those who are a bit slow, that is the job of the marketing department LOL.

Why is a "reviewer" announcing a new product (a cable) before the company itself has even shared any details about said new product? I've never seen that arrangement anywhere else. So he's going to share pics of a new cable that the manufacturer themselves hasn't even released? That makes sense.

Anyway, I'm sure this new cable is the best cable yet and will turn your $50 IEM into a kilobuck IEM with "holographic sound".

Jan 27, 2024 at 9:04 AM Post #12,674 of 13,822
He already is. We're at the point where a "reviewer" is literally announcing their products for them. For those who are a bit slow, that is the job of the marketing department LOL.

Why is a "reviewer" announcing a new product (a cable) before the company itself has even shared any details about said new product? I've never seen that arrangement anywhere else. So he's going to share pics of a new cable that the manufacturer themselves hasn't even released? That makes sense.

Anyway, I'm sure this new cable is the best cable yet and will turn your $50 IEM into a kilobuck IEM with "holographic sound".
First of all Dsnuts is a gift to the community, he is way beyond a regular reviewer. To take pop shots at his capacity is a grave misconception and a descriptive fault in your post. His job is to both understand products before production for Penon/ISN and to let the enthusiasts know about them when the products are near release date. You are misunderstanding the whole value in what he does. Obviously you’re new here.

Last edited:
Jan 27, 2024 at 9:16 AM Post #12,675 of 13,822
Sorry for derailing the thread here fellas. Back to Penon stuff. Penon to be releasing new cable soon will show you guys some pics soon.
Do you have more info about this cable? I hope it's a a new cable to pair with VOLTAGE.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back