The PENON official thread
Jan 26, 2024 at 10:08 AM Post #12,646 of 13,814
They do have them listed at the Tansio Mirai webpage:

https://tansio-mirai.com/Products/TSMR-X-10th-AE/#wbs1
Thanks! I took the plunge. Not entirely sure why, if someone told me 2 months ago I'd buy a $400 IEM I would have pointed him to a doctor but this one makes me really really curious. I guess if I don't like it I can still sell it off at a later point if MSRP goes to $700.

Edit: Tansio mailed me. Apparently they don't have stock after all. I ended up cancelling my order for now since they told me I'd have to wait till February 20. They also said the $400 tag will stay for a long time so I can always jump back in

Last edited:
Jan 26, 2024 at 10:31 AM Post #12,647 of 13,814
those nozzles look short and stubby how is the fit and which tips fit I:m hovering over the buy button on their wedsite assuming they have stock of their own
It seems to do several things. Its a more effective venting mechanism for IEMs that seem to enhance the tuning for IEMs. From how I understand it. Tansio might have taken some inspiration from 64Audio IEMS as they use a very similar venting mechanism. But Tansios goes a a few step furter it seems. It seems to work with all the drivers inside the TSMR-X for 1) No pressure build up. I know some folks have issue with this from multi driver IEMs. 2) Gives plenty of air for the bass dual coaxial bass drivers to breathe. Shows in how potent the bass can get. 3) Gives air to all 3 bands of the sound. An all closed BA set will not have the same type of airy sound signature of the TSMR-X. At least I have not experienced it. Higher end IEMs do but thats because they are using like crazy 12-14BAs which makes up for the air it has. It seems to be a very effective venting mechanism and takes up a sound tube from the 4 tubes in the nozzle so it is most definitely a part of how it was designed.

Congrats to the folks that jumped on an early set. Even if Penon runs out I am certian they are frantically making more. Lol. I knew it would sell quick, just had a feeling.
These are substantial. Tansio Mirai will not call these 10th anniversary for no reason. You guys will see what I mean.

Last edited:
Jan 26, 2024 at 11:08 AM Post #12,648 of 13,814
The Hisenior T4 with ABV is a better implementation of the tech and a very safe and good sounding IEM just saying if your not willing to blind buy a no graph I from TSMR and for less.

Attachments

• -8hyzuc.jpg
    -8hyzuc.jpg
    250.2 KB · Views: 0
Jan 26, 2024 at 11:25 AM Post #12,649 of 13,814
The Hisenior T4 with ABV is a better implementation of the tech and a very safe and good sounding IEM just saying if your not willing to blind buy a no graph I from TSMR and for less.
How do you know that Ht4 have a better implementation of ABV? (Sorry, im not doubt you because you have your reasons to say that, so please don't take this as a offense, im just curious)

Jan 26, 2024 at 11:46 AM Post #12,650 of 13,814
He worded that badly. He obviously does not mean to say it's better. I understood that he's declaring it's a safer blind-buy since he can personally confirm the Hisense on hand (but the weight of such a recommendation depends on how you align with his reviews).

Jan 26, 2024 at 11:55 AM Post #12,651 of 13,814
How's the timbre on the TSMR X? I don't own any Tansio Mirai products so i'm also wondering how it compares to PENON.

I remember when I first joined this forum people have warned me to be careful exploring and trying out more IEMs because it's a slippery slope and here I am slipping trying to grab on to something but falling the abyss of music doesn't sound too bad either. Jokes aside I am responsible person but damn this sale is hard to pass up.

Jan 26, 2024 at 12:22 PM Post #12,652 of 13,814
How's the timbre on the TSMR X? I don't own any Tansio Mirai products so i'm also wondering how it compares to PENON.

I remember when I first joined this forum people have warned me to be careful exploring and trying out more IEMs because it's a slippery slope and here I am slipping trying to grab on to something but falling the abyss of music doesn't sound too bad either. Jokes aside I am responsible person but damn this sale is hard to pass up.

BA timbre can be a hit or a miss depending on implimentations and the level of BA we are talking about. I know some folks are all about dynamics and dynamics only, natural purist?. Recent planar craze show a bit of minor issue for planar timbre as well but here once again some are better than others. You can tell the treble Sonion BAs are using BAs but not because the treble timbre is somehow not accurate or does it introduce any artificial tonal character. Its becuase the precision and sparkle is addictive and that precision definitley has to do with utilising two premium BAs for the treble aspects of its tuning. Mids has some of that BA timbre rigidness but what makes you look past that is its incredible imaging in space and spectacular sound separation it has. I am very certain Tansio is using some premium knowles for the mids here as well. The layering for the mids here is just incredible.

If you listen to live recordings you can actually hear each instruments in space at different parts of the head stage. This is what I am talking about. This only happens with multi kilobuck IEMS. Not so much for IEMs in the $399 range. Lol.

The TSMR-X might not have the most natural tonal character or are they the best for any one aspect of its sound tuning. But at this price level. It gets you very close to TOTL level sonics and for that. That is what separates these from just about anything I have heard at its price. I said it before and I will say it again. I have yet to hear a comparable product that does what this IEM does at this price level. None.

You can have a cheaper dynamic IEM that has better timbre but ends up sounding flat and uninspired. Or you can have a very well tuned TSMR-X that will clearly let you know your dealing with resolution, precision and sound on a level that you cannot get from that cheaper dynamic or actually comparable hybrids at the price range.

The real trump card for the TSMR-X is just how stupendously airy and spacious the sound can get. Oh yea and then there is that crazy actual real bass boost from the switches. Stock reference tuning is spectacular. Its got it all. If you don't come away listening to these not impressed. Then you have the right to call me out. Lol.

Last edited:
Jan 26, 2024 at 12:36 PM Post #12,653 of 13,814
those nozzles look short and stubby how is the fit and which tips fit I:m hovering over the buy button on their wedsite assuming they have stock of their own
I am certain demand will ramp up even more so once the initial buyers chime in with their TSMR-X. The fitment is fine. The shells are about average in size or medium. While the nozzles look a bit short it really isnt due to the angular housing toward the nozzle. I have been using new Penon Liquer black tips on them with much comfort and excellent seal. There is no weird nozzle angle or shape. Very ergonomic. The only catch on these is that the shells are a bit heavier than your average hybrid due to the all metal vent driver and the dual dynamics and two Dual BAs inside the housing. But otherwise its a compact medium in size which should fit most folks perfectly.

Last edited:
Jan 26, 2024 at 12:47 PM Post #12,654 of 13,814
BA timbre can be a hit or a miss depending on implimentations and the level of BA we are talking about. I know some folks are all about dynamics and dynamics only, natural purist?. Recent planar craze show a bit of minor issue for planar timbre as well but here once again some are better than others. You can tell the treble Sonion BAs are using BAs but not because the treble timbre is somehow not accurate or does it introduce any artificial tonal character. Its becuase the precision and sparkle is addictive and that precision definitley has to do with utilising two premium BAs for the treble aspects of its tuning. Mids has some of that BA timbre rigidness but what makes you look past that is its incredible imaging in space and spectacular sound separation it has. I am very certain Tansio is using some premium knowles for the mids here as well. The layering for the mids here is just incredible.

If you listen to live recordings you can actually hear each instruments in space at different parts of the head stage. This is what I am talking about. This only happens with multi kilobuck IEMS. Not so much for IEMs in the $399 range. Lol.

The TSMR-X might not have the most natural tonal character or are they the best for any one aspect of its sound tuning. But at this price level. It gets you very close to TOTL level sonics and for that. That is what separates these from just about anything I have heard at its price. I said it before and I will say it again. I have yet to hear a comparable product that does what this IEM does at this price level. None.

You can have a cheaper dynamic IEM that has better timbre but ends up sounding flat and uninspired. Or you can have a very well tuned TSMR-X that will clearly let you know your dealing with resolution, precision and sound on a level that you cannot get from that cheaper dynamic or actually comparable hybrids at the price range.

The real trump card for the TSMR-X is just how stupendously airy and spacious the sound can get. Oh yea and then there is that crazy actual real bass boost from the switches. Stock reference tuning is spectacular. Its got it all. If you don't come away listening to these not impressed. Then you have the right to call me out. Lol.
Thank you so much for the detailed reply, appreciate it.

Jan 26, 2024 at 12:49 PM Post #12,655 of 13,814
These guys know exactly what they are doing for this IEM. Rest assured your money have been put to good use. What this TSMR-X is about is Tansio Mirai stepping up their game is what these are about. I am most definitely looking forward to see what you guys have to say about em.

All I am saying if any of you early buyers listen to female vocals and come away listening to the TSMR-X not impressed. Well then I dont know what to say to you. You will fully understand the first time you hear your favorite track.

Last edited:
Jan 26, 2024 at 3:20 PM Post #12,657 of 13,814
Sorry for derailing the thread here fellas. Back to Penon stuff. Penon to be releasing new cable soon will show you guys some pics soon.
Don't be sorry, this is very important information, thoughtful and greatly appreciated.

It's important to know that our money has been put to good use, especially when there are so many options in the price range to choose from on top of going in basically blind.
For example, I pulled the trigger because I trust you, rely on your experience and how you hold the line to stand by what you post. It's not easy being first but you do it with gusto.

Looking forward to the TSMR-X and I hope it is everything you say it is.

Jan 26, 2024 at 5:42 PM Post #12,658 of 13,814
Don't be sorry, this is very important information, thoughtful and greatly appreciated.

It's important to know that our money has been put to good use, especially when there are so many options in the price range to choose from on top of going in basically blind.
For example, I pulled the trigger because I trust you, rely on your experience and how you hold the line to stand by what you post. It's not easy being first but you do it with gusto.

Looking forward to the TSMR-X and I hope it is everything you say it is.
I appreciate that. You guys have to realize I am putting my neck on the line when I say these things and I do realize no one has heard these and folks are relying on what I put on the threads. I am not going to say these things if I dont mean it. However I do have some insight to what these Tansio Mirai IEMs are capable of due to my experience with them.

I realize no one here on headfi knows this company like I do simply because I have reviewed and owned most of their line up including their flagships. Tansio Mirai is not a house hold name and it is a shame they are not. Because I can tell you these guys put out amazing sounding IEMs and know exactly what they are doing. Penon has been backing them up since their inception.

In any case I am very much looking forward to see what you guys think of these.

Last edited:
Jan 26, 2024 at 5:58 PM Post #12,659 of 13,814
I appreciate that. You guys have to realize I am putting my neck on the line when I say these things and I do realize no one has heard these and folks are relying on what I put on the threads. I am not going to say these things if I dont mean it. However I do ha have some insight to what these Tansio Mirai IEMs are capable of due to my experience with them.

I realize no one here on headfi knows this company like I do simply because I have reviewed and owned most of their line up including their flagships. Tansio Mirai is not a house hold name and it is a shame they are not. Because I can tell you these guys put out amazing sounding IEMs and know exactly what they are doing. Penon has been backing them up since their inception.

In any case I am very much looking forward to see what you guys think of these.
Alright you sold me I'm ready to buy! On an unrelated note, can I borrow $400? Thanks!

Jan 26, 2024 at 6:04 PM Post #12,660 of 13,814
How do you know that Ht4 have a better implementation of ABV? (Sorry, im not doubt you because you have your reasons to say that, so please don't take this as a offense, im just curious)
FATfreq, 64 Audio, FiR Audio, Hisenior and now TSMR use this vent system to help relieve ear pressure for a longer wear session. Having Owned, Used , Tested and played with each except TSMR.

TSMR has confirmed that you can also use 64 Audio APEX modules, FF is slightly diff as is FiR, so no go on the other brands and I don't know about HS is compatible.

But if TSMR is just using this as a pressure relief system as it sounds like this is fantastic news because it works.
I applaud TSMR for also growing, and stepping out of the mainstream and incorporate a well known real world system to ensure a great experience with this and hopefully all future sets.

TSMR also keeps saying the vents are not meant to be swapped out, and this makes sense because you are not using it to tune the bass with this set and instead have given us the switches.

FF, HS, and 64 are hot swappable - you can change while IEM is still in your ears. They sell and or include a variety of different tunings depending on the modules and how much air is released.

The thing to note is that all the other brands encourage you to play and tune for your personal taste.

Now the X uses tuning switches to alter the sound profile as does Hisenior

Secondly why I made my comment was looking at the top of the X Vent it looks like the vent hole is on top not drilled out inside the finger pulls like the others and to me looks like debris could get in there most easily.

I am looking forward to hearing this and seeing what they did and how it was implemented.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back