The PENON official thread
May 15, 2024 at 8:15 AM Post #13,816 of 13,933
Interesting cable and price. I would try the MMCX connection for a Dunu Falcon Ultra that I am about to receive, although if I read correctly, it seems that these connectors are very particular in this IEM.

Thanks! 👍🏻
It is offered in MMCX!

May 15, 2024 at 8:42 AM Post #13,818 of 13,933
Well it just depends on how the barrel sits. The MMCX on my DUNU ZEN accepts other MMCX plugs, but yes DUNU sports talk about a slightly different quality plug, though if you study the barrel insert you may be fine. Though your right in a way, that MMCX seems to have a small share of adaptation issues at times. I know every MMCX does not exactly maybe fit the IER-Z1R, but I have left a 2Pin adapter on it. My other XBA-Z5 I have only changed cables about three times? The new thing is get a MMCX tool, such a device really makes removing them easy.
19883B51-730B-4471-9C42-F1381D73D4FE.jpeg

Last edited:
May 15, 2024 at 9:15 AM Post #13,819 of 13,933
It's a real shame Penon do not do a UK tour of the Penon Voltage. Real original Penon customers, who have been so loyal to Penon, have no chance to hear the Voltage. Seems there is a select group getting the chance to hear the voltage. I'm disappointed with Penon. As I am close to the afterlife due to illness, I have no problem making this complaint. I am a genuine fan of Penon IEMs, but would like a chance to hear what is beyond me financially. I have reviewed many IEMs on Penon's site and Facebook pages and feel I have earned the right to be part of a UK Penon tour. I have had no reply to an email to Penon.

May 15, 2024 at 9:27 AM Post #13,820 of 13,933
Well it just depends on how the barrel sits. The MMCX on my DUNU ZEN accepts other MMCX plugs, but yes DUNU sports talk about a slightly different quality plug, though if you study the barrel insert you may be fine. Though your right in a way, that MMCX seems to have a small share of adaptation issues at times. I know every MMCX does not exactly maybe fit the IER-Z1R, but I have left a 2Pin adapter on it. My other XBA-Z5 I have only changed cables about three times? The new thing is get a MMCX tool, such a device really makes removing them easy.
19883B51-730B-4471-9C42-F1381D73D4FE.jpeg
Well, I don't quite see what you suggest. Is it an extraction tool? 🧐 Maybe I'll ask Penon since they also sell the Falcon. 🤔

May 15, 2024 at 9:38 AM Post #13,821 of 13,933
Well, I don't quite see what you suggest. Is it an extraction tool? 🧐 Maybe I'll ask Penon since they also sell the Falcon. 🤔
That is the perfect answer, ask Penon if the new OCC849 cable will fit the Falcon. Maybe they don’t want to open a box, or if someone has a pair of Falcons they can at least guide you in how standardized the MMCX connectors are? The tool simply makes the process of removing the cable easy and with less chance of damage, because that is when at times you can mess your MMCX up.

May 15, 2024 at 1:06 PM Post #13,822 of 13,933
I've emailed Penon and received no response.
Maybe there is a reason for the delay. I would just ask again nicely. It is not always possible to ensure that inquiries are answered immediately.

May 15, 2024 at 2:19 PM Post #13,823 of 13,933
I just had an epiphany of sorts. The name PENON.. You guy know these folks are based out of Hong Kong. Well, in the world of audio we have established brand names that immedately envokes what that company is about. I mean take Sony for example. Everyone owns a Sony product or has owned a Sony product and pretty much knows the brand out of Japan. Then you have something like this.
1715796462924.png Soya.
I personally dont own a Soya bone conjucting headphone but the brand Soya does exist. I mean the lettering. Unless you lived under a rock. You will clearly know that Soya is not Sony. But with lettering that looks identical. I mean it might as well be Sony.

So how does that relate to Penon?
I never asked why the name Penon but it is close to.
1715796553502.png

I am thinking it is close to the famous brand. Now we know Penon is a different company altogether with excellent IEMs and cables. No relation to Denon of course. :ksc75smile:

Last edited:
May 15, 2024 at 8:23 PM Post #13,824 of 13,933
Got the mail for Voltage, but I have to ask for the early bird price. No automatic discount this time :frowning2: .

Edit: got the discount in the reply, not disclosing it, just saying: price is still too high for me. Sad panda.
Hmmm. I did not receive an email yet from Penon… others also waiting?

May 15, 2024 at 9:12 PM Post #13,825 of 13,933
I just had an epiphany of sorts. The name PENON.. You guy know these folks are based out of Hong Kong. Well, in the world of audio we have established brand names that immedately envokes what that company is about. I mean take Sony for example. Everyone owns a Sony product or has owned a Sony product and pretty much knows the brand out of Japan. Then you have something like this.
1715796462924.png Soya.
I personally dont own a Soya bone conjucting headphone but the brand Soya does exist. I mean the lettering. Unless you lived under a rock. You will clearly know that Soya is not Sony. But with lettering that looks identical. I mean it might as well be Sony.

So how does that relate to Penon?
I never asked why the name Penon but it is close to.
1715796553502.png

I am thinking it is close to the famous brand. Now we know Penon is a different company altogether with excellent IEMs and cables. No relation to Denon of course. :ksc75smile:
:eye:

May 15, 2024 at 9:55 PM Post #13,826 of 13,933
Turning up the Voltage!!! It's a wower, Penon could have called it grand slam!
1000027615.jpg

May 15, 2024 at 10:31 PM Post #13,827 of 13,933
That is the perfect answer, ask Penon if the new OCC849 cable will fit the Falcon. Maybe they don’t want to open a box, or if someone has a pair of Falcons they can at least guide you in how standardized the MMCX connectors are? The tool simply makes the process of removing the cable easy and with less chance of damage, because that is when at times you can mess your MMCX up.
I had the falcon ultras for a few weeks and any MMCX cable works on it.

May 16, 2024 at 2:23 AM Post #13,829 of 13,933
Hmmm. I did not receive an email yet from Penon… others also waiting?
This time you did not get a code directly, you have to get in contact with them if you want to order one.
Then you get the price and code (if you want to order).

No need to wait for the mail. :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back