The PENON official thread
Apr 25, 2022 at 2:43 AM Post #4,651 of 13,933
Apr 25, 2022 at 2:44 AM Post #4,652 of 13,933
Did I miss something?! A new Penon IEM?! Looks like a very good size, nice and small like the Globe.

What's the driver configuration?
New single DD!

Apr 25, 2022 at 2:52 AM Post #4,653 of 13,933
New single DD!

They've kept a nice size and improved with the metal nozzle that will have better grip.

As others have said it will be interesting to see the tuning they go for (especially versus the Fan). I feel as though Penon need a set to further highlight their House midrange with a more reserved lower frequency and a slight bump to upper mid presence. If the Vortex goes in this direction and can handle power like the Fan, it would definitely be a blind buy.

Last edited:
Apr 25, 2022 at 4:45 AM Post #4,655 of 13,933
Oh man Serial so good. It has v melodic quality, highly musical w good technicalities. It's not really doing anything wrong so far. Tried them with some Beethoven and Big Thief and it's got both of these genres covered. I'm using them with a Hans Sound Nyx cable I had laying around it's a beautiful match and a nice upgrade over the stock cable. So far I feel like these earphones are really tough to beat at this price
Mine have just landed and like you, I am impressed! Burning-in!

Apr 25, 2022 at 9:53 AM Post #4,656 of 13,933

We'd like to share the size of VORTEX.​

3-1.jpg

From the left ,VORTEX, SPHERE and Globe​

3 1.jpg

A 1DD that’s smaller than the 1BA. Noice!

@Penon, tell us more about the tuning? Or better yet, just launch it.

Fun times ahead :gs1000smile:

Apr 25, 2022 at 10:12 AM Post #4,657 of 13,933
They've kept a nice size and improved with the metal nozzle that will have better grip.

As others have said it will be interesting to see the tuning they go for (especially versus the Fan). I feel as though Penon need a set to further highlight their House midrange with a more reserved lower frequency and a slight bump to upper mid presence. If the Vortex goes in this direction and can handle power like the Fan, it would definitely be a blind buy.

It’s lovely to see how compact the Vortex going to be and that blue theme looks like a winner too. I’m on the same page with you on how the sound signature should evolve moving forward, not too spicy in the upper range though.

I’ve also received words that there will be a slight delay in production due to the current outbreak.

Apr 25, 2022 at 1:58 PM Post #4,659 of 13,933

photo_2022-04-25_19-58-11.jpg

Listen to Serials on my desktop system today. I usually use it for my headphones, but with the Serial today I really enjoyed it. Even more body and warmth than with my DAP. What good times they give!

Apr 26, 2022 at 5:13 AM Post #4,660 of 13,933
Pulled the trigger on the Serial over the weekend, shipped today. Looking forward to this

Apr 26, 2022 at 9:06 AM Post #4,661 of 13,933
photo_2022-04-25_19-58-11.jpg

Listen to Serials on my desktop system today. I usually use it for my headphones, but with the Serial today I really enjoyed it. Even more body and warmth than with my DAP. What good times they give!

Yea the Serials level up w better amplification. Really good trait these earphones have

Apr 26, 2022 at 11:48 AM Post #4,662 of 13,933
For anyone who’s potentially looking to get the Serial, I notice it’s now listed on Penon’s AE store as well. No idea how long it’s been there. But it means you can use AE coupons on them - I see that AE has a $20 off $200 coupon right now although it might differ depending on the country you’re in.

Edit: I wish Penon would list more of their own stuff on their AE store…

Last edited:
Apr 26, 2022 at 11:57 AM Post #4,663 of 13,933
For anyone who’s potentially looking to get the Serial, I notice it’s now listed on Penon’s AE store as well. No idea how long it’s been there. But it means you can use AE coupons on them - I see that AE has a $20 off $200 coupon right now although it might differ depending on the country you’re in.

Edit: I wish Penon would list more of their own stuff on their AE store…
Wow that's good to know! I messaged them last week and they said they didn't have the Serial on their AE store...glad they changed their minds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back