The PENON official thread
Apr 29, 2022 at 8:35 PM Post #4,666 of 14,076
DSC09780.JPG

New Penon OS133. The new cables from Penon in the house. Unlike prior Penon cables these things have thinner cores but packs quite the punch. It is an OFC or Oxygen Free Copper plated in silver finished with a tough nylon fiber covering. The materials if you think about it is nothing special unto itself. OR so Penon is leading us to think.

These are not your garden variety silver plated OFC cables. The stage expansion of the earphones sound these are attached to is clearly noticeable. Very natural yet clearly transparent in sound enhancing ability. These are not going to enhance bass or treble or mids. It is very balanced in what it does but what I have noticed, especially in balanced form is they enhance stage, for this price level very surprising. I am talking about the scope of sound your hearing. Depth width and even height of sound.

For the sub $40 price point. These things are easily an upgrade on just about any cable that came packed in with your earphones. I have yet to really get into their properties as I have only used them on 2 earphones but on the NE4 shown here with the new faceplate.

The already spacious sound of the NE4 is enhanced. It is like the sound is completely open and airy. Stage is so open sounding it is shocking.

Tried them on the new OVA SG-01 sample I have been writing a review for. Similar effect on the sound. These are not in the mid level cable realm of the Penon line up but for the price point these things are easily worth what Penon is asking for a set.

Apr 29, 2022 at 10:10 PM Post #4,667 of 14,076
DSC09780.JPG

New Penon OS133. The new cables from Penon in the house. Unlike prior Penon cables these things have thinner cores but packs quite the punch. It is an OFC or Oxygen Free Copper plated in silver finished with a tough nylon fiber covering. The materials if you think about it is nothing special unto itself. OR so Penon is leading us to think.

These are not your garden variety silver plated OFC cables. The stage expansion of the earphones sound these are attached to is clearly noticeable. Very natural yet clearly transparent in sound enhancing ability. These are not going to enhance bass or treble or mids. It is very balanced in what it does but what I have noticed, especially in balanced form is they enhance stage, for this price level very surprising. I am talking about the scope of sound your hearing. Depth width and even height of sound.

For the sub $40 price point. These things are easily an upgrade on just about any cable that came packed in with your earphones. I have yet to really get into their properties as I have only used them on 2 earphones but on the NE4 shown here with the new faceplate.

The already spacious sound of the NE4 is enhanced. It is like the sound is completely open and airy. Stage is so open sounding it is shocking.

Tried them on the new OVA SG-01 sample I have been writing a review for. Similar effect on the sound. These are not in the mid level cable realm of the Penon line up but for the price point these things are easily worth what Penon is asking for a set.
That cable looks good. Something more minimal in construction and look that I always prefer. Thanks for the insights.

Apr 29, 2022 at 10:48 PM Post #4,668 of 14,076
DSC09780.JPG

Looks like no ear hooks?

Apr 30, 2022 at 12:17 AM Post #4,670 of 14,076
IMG_20220430_023413-01.jpeg
IMG_20220430_023341-01.jpeg
IMG_20220430_023213-01.jpeg

Penon PAC Earbuds

These earbuds came as one of the freebies from my recent purchase at Penon Audio.

I felt obliged to do a simple write up since I lfelt like these buds don't have the right to sound this good. They're FREEBIES. 😅👏🏼

It is currently listed at $50 on Penon's website but comes free by purchasing some of their products (Penon and ISN cables and IEMs).

PAC Earbuds Specs:
Drivers: 15.4mm PET Composite Titanium Diaphragm
Impedance: 40 Ohm
Sensitivity: 106db
Freq. Response: 20hz-20kHz
Connector: MMCX

Packaging:
The buds only came in a tiny ziplock bag, no cables included. For the sake of this mini review, I made a cable for it. A good but cheap 4-core SPC cable as shown in the photos.

Build/Comfort:
The shells of these buds are made of aluminum, painted with black coating. There are channel markings painted on both sides. Vent holes are also present on each side, near the MMCX ports. The overall build looks sturdy, even the MMCX ports stay in place without any signs of movements. Can't really complain at all, although some users might prefer earbuds with stems.

Sound Impressions:
These earbuds do so many things right, while having very few misses. Sound is complete. I mean I never felt there's something obviously lacking. Reminds me of their well received Penon BS1 earbuds. Great balance between bass, mids, and treble. Though PAC showing signs of maturity when it comes to low end control and some other refinements.

Bass: These are basshead earbuds. Subbass can be felt early on while listening to EDM, RNB, Hip-hop, Trip-hop, Rock, Metal. Subbass depth is still good for some other genres. Midbass is more prominent than sub specially when playing acoustic and vocal rich tracks. Transients are good. Feels good while listening to acoustic jam sessions and pop tracks.

Mids: Lower mids has enough body coming from the upper bass rise. It is not overly thick and no muddiness is present. Note weight is good with a natural presentation. No honkiness or unnatural timbre felt. Though I feel like there's a slight dip before rising slowly to the upper mids and lower treble. There were times when some high-pitched female vocal tracks sounded like they were headed into becoming peaky but gladly, they didn't go there. Mids overall sounded just right, natural, airy, with good weight.

Treble: The rest of the treble from lower to high remained smooth. Metal still sounds okay to me here having enough sparkle and extension as I prefer, but I think some would want more of both for a more bright presentation. That would make it slightly U or V shaped though. Good thing mids and treble compliment each other well in this choice of tuning.

Soundstage/Imaging: The stage felt like having an average width with an intimate presentation. Stage depth compensates greatly for that and helped achieve really nice results in imaging and separation.

My verdict:
I laughed inside when I tried to think of reasons why one should buy these earbuds. Just go get yourself a Penon or ISN IEM/cable and get these buds for free. 😅 There are plenty of reviews and comments available out there about their products. You guys should check them out. You'll then get a really nice earbuds in the PAC.

I can recommend PAC to those looking for a good all-rounder buds that can be used both indoor and outdoor. Not necessarily a basshead buds but I'm certain that PAC buds can do the job. Perfect on the go as they are detachable and can be used with Bluetooth adapters. The resolution and details are really good being just a freebie product on its introduction. Not sure until when this promo will last though. Better grab one while you're at it. 😉

Apr 30, 2022 at 3:36 AM Post #4,671 of 14,076

Cheers for the preliminary impression, love it when you mentioned the word transparency. Also hoping resolving ability ain’t too shabby too. Ordered mine last weekend and hope to receive it sometime next week.

None. They match perfectly with the PAC buds.
DSC09781.JPG

Aesthetics are on point!

That cable looks good. Something more minimal in construction and look that I always prefer. Thanks for the insights.

Same here, I’d wish Penon made more thinner cables.

May 2, 2022 at 10:07 AM Post #4,672 of 14,076
Ordered directly from Penon, and Serial came in 7 days. So far I’m only a few hours in. I’m happy. Great tonality. Very lush.

May 2, 2022 at 11:35 AM Post #4,673 of 14,076
Would anyone be able to compare the Serial, Yanin Canon, and Tea 2? Which in their opinion sounds best, Soundstage, timbre, speed etc. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

May 2, 2022 at 11:48 AM Post #4,674 of 14,076
Would anyone be able to compare the Serial, Yanin Canon, and Tea 2? Which in their opinion sounds best, Soundstage, timbre, speed etc. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
@HBB Ranked both, reviewed the Serial, and will compare the Canon and Tea 2 on a Hybrid shootout soon. I only just got the Serial and so far it’s great. I don’t have the Tea 2 or Canon though

May 2, 2022 at 12:25 PM Post #4,675 of 14,076
@HBB Ranked both, reviewed the Serial, and will compare the Canon and Tea 2 on a Hybrid shootout soon. I only just got the Serial and so far it’s great. I don’t have the Tea 2 or Canon though
Thank you for that info

May 2, 2022 at 1:02 PM Post #4,676 of 14,076
When I asked him if he preferred Tea MK2 or the Canon, he said the latter. It's in the HifiGuides forum if you want to find it.

But yes, we are all waiting for his hybrid war video :)

May 2, 2022 at 1:47 PM Post #4,677 of 14,076
“Released within this month” is what a Penon rep said earlier this month before ghosting me when asked for more deets lol.

Not many days left…
Finally it wasn't on april... searching everyday for the announcement mail and the possible promotion discount... :thinking::smile:

May 2, 2022 at 1:54 PM Post #4,678 of 14,076
Finally it wasn't on april... searching everyday for the announcement mail and the possible promotion discount... :thinking::smile:
They have national holidays until 4 May I think, so I'd bet they will release after that

May 2, 2022 at 2:12 PM Post #4,679 of 14,076

Same here lol. I suspect they may have run into production or logistics delays with all the recent lockdowns though. I don’t envy their situation so imma just sit tight and wait… 😣

Users who are viewing this thread

Back