The PENON official thread
Mar 21, 2022 at 4:01 AM Post #4,501 of 13,950
What are the tips that you have on the Volts? I have been trying different tips lately and was just curious, thanks.
After trying out more than a dozen, I settled with the Sedna Earfit standard grey stem

sedna-earfit.jpg

IMG_20210210_114124.jpg

Mar 23, 2022 at 4:25 PM Post #4,502 of 13,950
Mar 23, 2022 at 7:37 PM Post #4,504 of 13,950
Mar 24, 2022 at 6:12 AM Post #4,506 of 13,950
Mar 24, 2022 at 7:13 AM Post #4,507 of 13,950
170D3A85-EF85-4361-BBDC-62FC1008BB58.jpeg

Some random thoughts on the Volt as I’ve clocked in more listening hours and burn-in over three months of ownership.

The more I listened to the Volt the more I’m noticing subtleties or nuances such as it’s finesses in retrieving and resolving details especially when paired with a highly resolving cable such as UPOCC where I’m often surprised to discover new details I’ve never encountered before on my regular playlist. In my mind the custom dynamic driver and Sonion implementation on the Volt is unarguably sublime.

Notes definition particularly in the upper register are now truly musical to my ears, such impeccable delivery and in @ehjie and @-rowan-‘s parlance the ESTs has finally weathered and awoken from slumber.

I had to refer back to my prior impressions to see what had changed but found it to be largely consistent to what I’m hearing right now and if I’ve to put words to it I’d say it’s has aged like fine wine, again the Volt absolutely aces it with its fluidity, analogness or realism, the way it is presenting details, resolving ability and in overall technical competency.

Please do note that my subjective commentary are based on a reasonable familiarity with Penon house sound so my expectations towards the Volt could be vastly different from someone who’s new to the brand.

It is without a doubt that Penon possesses brilliant tuning expertise and showcased their masterful implementation on the Volt, a feat in itself no less being their debut offering in the upper-middle/flagship segment.

What I’d love to see in future releases or perhaps it’s already in motion is that Penon engages in higher level of technical innovation to further set themselves apart from an already competitive marketplace.

Mar 24, 2022 at 8:09 AM Post #4,508 of 13,950
170D3A85-EF85-4361-BBDC-62FC1008BB58.jpeg

Some random thoughts on the Volt as I’ve clocked in more listening hours and burn-in over three months of ownership.

The more I listened to the Volt the more I’m noticing subtleties or nuances such as it’s finesses in retrieving and resolving details especially when paired with a highly resolving cable such as UPOCC where I’m often surprised to discover new details I’ve never encountered before on my regular playlist. In my mind the custom dynamic driver and Sonion implementation on the Volt is unarguably sublime.

Notes definition particularly in the upper register are now truly musical to my ears, such impeccable delivery and in @ehjie and @-rowan-‘s parlance the ESTs has finally weathered and awoken from slumber.

I had to refer back to my prior impressions to see what had changed but found it to be largely consistent to what I’m hearing right now and if I’ve to put words to it I’d say it’s has aged like fine wine, again the Volt absolutely aces it with its fluidity, analogness or realism, the way it is presenting details, resolving ability and in overall technical competency.

Please do note that my subjective commentary are based on a reasonable familiarity with Penon house sound so my expectations towards the Volt could be vastly different from someone who’s new to the brand.

It is without a doubt that Penon possesses brilliant tuning expertise and showcased their masterful implementation on the Volt, a feat in itself no less being their debut offering in the upper-middle/flagship segment.

What I’d love to see in future releases or perhaps it’s already in motion is that Penon engages in higher level of technical innovation to further set themselves apart from an already competitive marketplace.
❣️ As David sang " keep playing that guitar..." . Featured on his collections, and on some other compilations including the premiere Stockfisch album
IMG_20220324_160639.jpg

my always used phrase applies here. The popular one that maybe too long in the tooth for some (lol) The degree of realism is extremely high on the Volt....

Mar 25, 2022 at 1:48 AM Post #4,510 of 13,950
Volt is one of the very few iems I regret selling. On the bright side I have Legend
One of the most under rated albums. Mofi released one, an excellent full bodied, very large sound field as opposed to the analytical, studio sized stage, pressing from Japan...

Mar 25, 2022 at 2:35 AM Post #4,511 of 13,950
Mar 25, 2022 at 10:32 AM Post #4,512 of 13,950
Update, I had a quick listen last night, not parting with Serial... what on earth was I thinking :)

Any other Legend owners care to give impressions? Very tempted.

Ha ha ... not laughing at you ... laughing with you. I can relate as to how an attempt to clear out equipment turns into an acquisition phase.

Mar 25, 2022 at 11:35 AM Post #4,513 of 13,950
Ha ha ... not laughing at you ... laughing with you. I can relate as to how an attempt to clear out equipment turns into an acquisition phase.

Quite an addiction this hobby! Legend parked for now though, I took the plunge on IER-Z1R which has been on my radar a while.

Mar 25, 2022 at 1:29 PM Post #4,515 of 13,950
Do you own any other multi-BA iems?

No all BA left, I had IER-M9 and SA6 but sold in recent times. I have Traillii also but thats BA/EST.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back