The PANASONIC RP-HTF600-S headphones. More fun than the HD650?
Apr 26, 2013 at 1:37 PM Post #2,731 of 2,849
these are probably one of the cheapest sounding cans ive ever herd i have them about 40+(with 200hours of burn-in)hours of collective listening. was about to return them when they broke trying to put them back in the box.....i feel so mislead by all these reviews. very plastic-y sounding and utter lack of detail. i also listened to a pair my friend bought at the same time with me and same difference... bought the technical pros for 45$ and for once a budget can lived up to the hype. using .wav/.FLAC with e17>e09k im only writing this post so somebody else does not make the same mistake

I running them through Xonar DG w DOLBY 3d. Works REALLY well together. 
these are probably one of the cheapest sounding cans ive ever herd i have them about 40+(with 200hours of burn-in)hours of collective listening. was about to return them when they broke trying to put them back in the box.....i feel so mislead by all these reviews. very plastic-y sounding and utter lack of detail. i also listened to a pair my friend bought at the same time with me and same difference... bought the technical pros for 45$ and for once a budget can lived up to the hype. using .wav/.FLAC with e17>e09k im only writing this post so somebody else does not make the same mistake

You are definately in the minorty. The construction does leave something to be desired but the sound is fantastic for the $30 headphone. Open, wide, bassy, clear, non-fatiguing. Many, many people enjoy these. But as you know sound is subjective. Ones mane bliss is anothers torture.

i forgot to mention the music i prefer which is mostly electronic. im really into trap which most cans just dont have the ability to handle the bass. with the htfs they just had that wet farty sounding bass with 808 noises. i will agree that there pretty decent for 30$ though considering the 50mm drivers and yes they do sound wide. but my minimum requirement for a HP is that they are " clear" and posses good
PRAT(pace, rhythm, and timing) which is extremely important for dubstep also which can just start to sound like white noise(not literally) if you dont have excellent PRAT. im should rephraze my statement by saying that these are not the worst headphones ive ever herd but they just did not live up to the way they were hyped up to be. just herd them on my buddys schitt magni+modi combo and it still did not impress me like the review of these cans saying that its more "fun" than the HD 650. which is just not the case. they handle music made with real instruments better than edm though!
so in short if you listen to music with 808 bass or complex dense rhythm in it you will be left high and dry.

Apr 26, 2013 at 8:49 PM Post #2,732 of 2,849
Quote:
i forgot to mention the music i prefer which is mostly electronic. im really into trap which most cans just dont have the ability to handle the bass. with the htfs they just had that wet farty sounding bass with 808 noises. i will agree that there pretty decent for 30$ though considering the 50mm drivers and yes they do sound wide. but my minimum requirement for a HP is that they are " clear" and posses good
PRAT(pace, rhythm, and timing) which is extremely important for dubstep also which can just start to sound like white noise(not literally) if you dont have excellent PRAT. im should rephraze my statement by saying that these are not the worst headphones ive ever herd but they just did not live up to the way they were hyped up to be. just herd them on my buddys schitt magni+modi combo and it still did not impress me like the review of these cans saying that its more "fun" than the HD 650. which is just not the case. they handle music made with real instruments better than edm though!
so in short if you listen to music with 808 bass or complex dense rhythm in it you will be left high and dry.

I dont listen to those often. but Give me some names, I wanna hear 'em out. I have another Somic MH463 that I can try it out with. The Somic is less impressive than the HTF tho. 

Apr 27, 2013 at 3:26 PM Post #2,733 of 2,849

I dont listen to those often. but Give me some names, I wanna hear 'em out. I have another Somic MH463 that I can try it out with. The Somic is less impressive than the HTF tho. 
There's a couple artists I've been buzzing on.. Bro safari(soundcloud.com search bro safari). Jakwob(jakwob.com his new lp is free), LOUDPVCK (also on soundcloud and it is correctly spelled) and ZEDS DEAD( soundcloud) and there's a music blog called Thissongslaps.com all 320kbs free DLs might not be your cup o tea but very young and full of energy and bass

Apr 27, 2013 at 8:57 PM Post #2,734 of 2,849
Thanks to this thread my Panasonic RP-HTF600S's arrived in the mail today.   After only a couple of hours of listening I find it unbelievable that I only paid $28 for them brand new on Amazon. So far I have tried 3 sources:  HTC phone with Beats Audio,  iPhone attached to a Go Dap GS3 amp, and last but not least direct from CD through a Onkyo 5100 amplifier.  The first two sources I was very pleased.  Connected direct to the Onkyo 5100 and listening from a CD is simply stunning for the price of $28.00 !!  Very very pleased.   

Apr 28, 2013 at 2:57 AM Post #2,735 of 2,849
Quote:
Thanks to this thread my Panasonic RP-HTF600S's arrived in the mail today.   After only a couple of hours of listening I find it unbelievable that I only paid $28 for them brand new on Amazon. So far I have tried 3 sources:  HTC phone with Beats Audio,  iPhone attached to a Go Dap GS3 amp, and last but not least direct from CD through a Onkyo 5100 amplifier.  The first two sources I was very pleased.  Connected direct to the Onkyo 5100 and listening from a CD is simply stunning for the price of $28.00 !!  Very very pleased.   

I know HTF has ruined any upgrade opportunities for me cause any sub $100 headphones I might buy I'm afraid cant beat the sound of this headphone. 

Apr 28, 2013 at 10:16 PM Post #2,736 of 2,849
Yeah, except for the Koss ProDJ100, AKG K422, Koss UR55, Sennheiser HD 558, Superlux 668b, and M50's, these Panasonics were definitely the best sub-$100 headphone Ive owned. At least they stopped working after a few months so I didn't have to agonize about throwing them in the trash...
wink.gif

Apr 29, 2013 at 4:51 PM Post #2,737 of 2,849
Yeah, except for the Koss ProDJ100, AKG K422, Koss UR55, Sennheiser HD 558, Superlux 668b, and M50's, these Panasonics were definitely the best sub-$100 headphone Ive owned. At least they stopped working after a few months so I didn't have to agonize about throwing them in the trash... :wink:
Don't forget takstar 60$ I'd say it competes in the 200$ range, just my opinion but I don't think I'm the only one

Apr 30, 2013 at 2:42 PM Post #2,739 of 2,849
Yeah, except for the Koss ProDJ100, AKG K422, Koss UR55, Sennheiser HD 558, Superlux 668b, and M50's, these Panasonics were definitely the best sub-$100 headphone Ive owned. At least they stopped working after a few months so I didn't have to agonize about throwing them in the trash... :wink:
Don't forget takstar 60$ I'd say it competes in the 200$ range, just my opinion but I don't think I'm the only one

May 4, 2013 at 4:27 AM Post #2,740 of 2,849
Hello 
 I have htf600 almost a year now ,and until now i was listening to from my computer. Before a week I I was trying these headphones to a friend's pioneer mixer ( unfortunately i dont remember the name ) and i heard a BIG difference..So big i couldnt believe in my ears..
 There was a thumb in bass , the cans were vibrating , and mids and highs were here as well...

Looking at their impedance (56 ohms) i think these definately need an amp to shine (not to just play some music)

So i bought an Behringer Uca 202..But i think i did it wrong..My purpose was to buy a good dac , and i thought it would be a cooler way to drive my headphones..Unfortunately , it didnt meet my expectaitons..although Uca 202 is a FABOULUS DAC at a faboulus price...
I read a review on NavWguy saying that uca's hp impedance was 50 ohm's...and its not generally good for low impedance ..

There fore im in the need of a better amp..I m thinking of returning uca and buying a fiio product...
Will fiio E5/fiio e6 make those pannies  bassy? I mean to  vibrate the cans and get a quality sound?!?
I dont need ONLY volume..I think i need the QUALITY like the PIONEER MIXER COULD GIVE , at the lowest cost.
 I think fiio e7 will meet my requirements...But im not sure..
I m looking on e17 too, i know its a little pricey..but.. maybe worth the investment?

PS.giving that much money (above  60$) ,  i wouldnt like to buy a product which is ONLY an amp..like Fiio E9.. I would prefer Buying a all around device!

May 5, 2013 at 2:45 AM Post #2,741 of 2,849
Hello 
 I have htf600 almost a year now ,and until now i was listening to from my computer. Before a week I I was trying these headphones to a friend's pioneer mixer ( unfortunately i dont remember the name ) and i heard a BIG difference..So big i couldnt believe in my ears..
 There was a thumb in bass , the cans were vibrating , and mids and highs were here as well...

Looking at their impedance (56 ohms) i think these definately need an amp to shine (not to just play some music)

So i bought an Behringer Uca 202..But i think i did it wrong..My purpose was to buy a good dac , and i thought it would be a cooler way to drive my headphones..Unfortunately , it didnt meet my expectaitons..although Uca 202 is a FABOULUS DAC at a faboulus price...
I read a review on NavWguy saying that uca's hp impedance was 50 ohm's...and its not generally good for low impedance ..

There fore im in the need of a better amp..I m thinking of returning uca and buying a fiio product...

Will fiio E5/fiio e6 make those pannies  bassy? I mean to  vibrate the cans and get a quality sound?!?

I dont need ONLY volume..I think i need the QUALITY like the PIONEER MIXER COULD GIVE , at the lowest cost.
I m looking on e17 too, i know its a little pricey..but.. maybe worth the investment?

PS.giving that much money (above  60$) ,  i wouldnt like to buy a product which is ONLY an amp..like Fiio E9.. I would prefer Buying a all around device!

All you gotta do is buy xonar DG for like 20$ plug in the headphone turn on Dolby 3d and enjoy the eargasm. Its 20 bucks and it is amazong. It works amazing with my VSonic vr02 bass edition IEMs as well

May 6, 2013 at 10:04 AM Post #2,743 of 2,849
Hello 

Go for the Ibasso D-zero.. its about 100$ and its a portable amp+dac that is very versitile! i also have the e17(if you get the e9k with it its amazing for the$) which will never sit stagnant(i use it every day without fail) and was well worth the price for an extra 25-50$ over the Ibasso if your looking for sound quality the E5 just wont cut it. not even a little bit depending upon how developed your ears are!:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back