The PANASONIC RP-HTF600-S headphones. More fun than the HD650?
Jun 10, 2013 at 1:38 AM Post #2,761 of 2,849
Ya know,  I have to say I gave these another burn session, watched a few playoff games with em', tore off the driver foam cover, and they have opened up a bit.
The soundstage is good for the price, and the details can be coaxed a bit with burn. Just don't expect this to be a hard rock phone, cause still I say it fails miserably there.
It articulates mids and treble much better when not stacked on one another like pancakes with Rush or Van Halen, but that's to be expected at the price, I guess.
I recant my previous hyperbolic statement of deep disappointment.
These are ok.

Jul 16, 2013 at 9:01 PM Post #2,766 of 2,849
The HTF always sounded loose and muddy in the mid-bass to midrange region to me. Treble sounded recessed to me. The K422 and KSC75 have a closer to neutral sound that has punchy but not overdone mid-bass and treble with some sparkle but no shrillness. The Koss and AKG are just really easy to listen to headphones - very much like a budget HD 600 if that helps you. They won't impress you but they won't disappoint you. They just get out of the way.

Jul 17, 2013 at 12:58 AM Post #2,768 of 2,849
Just tried the paper towel mod. Wow I am listening to a new headphone. The bass is tighter and the veiled highs that have been bothering me are gone. They are at that sweet spot I like between exciting/sibilant. And to top it off, I finally get a proper seal. I'm shocked. I was considering getting velours, but I think these headphones are everything I need... for right now. It's going to take a while to find a proper upgrade to these babies. Thanks again Head-Fi.

Aug 30, 2013 at 9:37 AM Post #2,769 of 2,849
Just got my HTF600 yesterday. This is my first real headphone. Before that I got like a microcenter $8 headphone.

Right out of the box, the sound is kind of muddled. But after I burn it in overnight with series of pink, white, brown noise, the headphone is much clearer and I can hear mid, high, and low. Definitely a good value headphone. I still have a bit of burning in to go.

Sep 12, 2013 at 2:23 PM Post #2,770 of 2,849
I've been loving my HTF-600's for a while now, but am ready to upgrade.

What would be considered the mid-tier version of these?  I use mine mostly for gaming and am in love with the deep, immersive bass.   Anyone have any recommendations?  I'm pretty much looking for the "older brother" version of the HTF-600. 

$100-150 range.  Maybe slightly more.

Really appreciate it.

Sep 12, 2013 at 7:20 PM Post #2,772 of 2,849
  I've been loving my HTF-600's for a while now, but am ready to upgrade.

What would be considered the mid-tier version of these?  I use mine mostly for gaming and am in love with the deep, immersive bass.   Anyone have any recommendations?  I'm pretty much looking for the "older brother" version of the HTF-600. 

$100-150 range.  Maybe slightly more.

Really appreciate it.

M-Audio Q40...................

Sep 27, 2013 at 4:21 AM Post #2,774 of 2,849
They are all bass and treble a nice punchy clean sound with recessed mids to my ears, compared to my goldring dr150 and ns1000 I can immediately notice more detail in music that is lacking in the panasonics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back