The PANASONIC RP-HTF600-S headphones. More fun than the HD650?
Dec 6, 2012 at 3:04 PM Post #2,671 of 2,849
I just got a pair of these, and I have to say, these are really great for the $25 I paid for them. My only big problem is they leak sound like crazy. I was expecting leakage levels around an XB500, instead they leak worse than my Q701.

Dec 6, 2012 at 3:35 PM Post #2,673 of 2,849
I bought these headphones after reading this thread last year and I can't really complain about them for the price, but I get this weird rattle buzz sound on the right ear piece that's annoying the crap out of me. Even if fixable I'm still ready for an upgrade. What would you guys recommend under $200? So far I'm leaning towards the DT 770 80 pro. I have a FiiO e10.

Edit: Also how do the DT 880 pro 250 ohms compare to the HTF600's? Do they have the same or less isolation and do they leak more sound?

Dec 6, 2012 at 5:41 PM Post #2,674 of 2,849
Quote:
I bought these headphones after reading this thread last year and I can't really complain about them for the price, but I get this weird rattle buzz sound on the right ear piece that's annoying the crap out of me. Even if fixable I'm still ready for an upgrade. What would you guys recommend under $200? So far I'm leaning towards the DT 770 80 pro. I have a FiiO e10.

Edit: Also how do the DT 880 pro 250 ohms compare to the HTF600's? Do they have the same or less isolation and do they leak more sound?

I asked MalVeuX something similar awhile ago in a PM, Here is what he said.

"Heya,

HTF600 is muddy sounding, very rolled off treble (dark/smooth), grainy, poor refinement (but it's still a great headphone for $30). The DT770 is much more refined, same bassiness, brighter treble by a margin (bright headphone), better mids by a margin (more realistic, refined). The PRO900 is the same as the DT770 except it's open air so it has a little more sound stage, and the mid-bass is more boomy, but the DT770 has better sub-bass.

Very best,"

The DT880 is open but I think it might be more or less open then the Pannies. It won't have great sound isolation.

Dec 6, 2012 at 7:25 PM Post #2,675 of 2,849
I bought the HTF600 and returned them 3 days later. IMHO, I'll say if you gonna buy these just get the Koss Porta Pro and you'll have a similar sound without the bulk.

Also, the HTF600 has a wireless "shareplay" feature where people 20 feet around you can hear your music without using any cables. 
biggrin.gif

Dec 6, 2012 at 7:34 PM Post #2,676 of 2,849
Quote:
I bought the HTF600 and returned them 3 days later. IMHO, I'll say if you gonna buy these just get the Koss Porta Pro and you'll have a similar sound without the bulk.

Also, the HTF600 has a wireless "shareplay" feature where people 20 feet around you can hear your music without using any cables. 
biggrin.gif

That's called having an open headphone.

Jan 4, 2013 at 12:41 PM Post #2,678 of 2,849
A little background on myself.. I recently been getting into my music because I have started working out in the gym. Of course as with any amateur, I just start with everyday cheap ear buds. This left me clamoring for more.. So invested in in some Klipsch S4’s to get better quality music while working out. Did not want to go buy $150 IEM’s for working out in fear that I would ruin them with a cable yank or perspiration.  However at $50 thought this was a good balance of sound quality and cost if I do happen to ruin them.

Now I am no audiophile, but have recently been researching more and more headphone’s. My experience is limited. I really like the sound of my Klipsch. I certainly do not consider myself a bass head but do like some bass with my music although I am not big on Hip Hop\Rap Music. Mostly listen to all kinds of Rock. I feel the S4 have satisfactory level of base without over taking the mid's and high's and keeping the sounds clear and distinct.

In coming across this thread I decided to buy the Panasonic since they were only $30. What the hell!! If I do not like them no great financial loss. All I can say is WOW!!!! These things sound great! However in listening to these headphones (Panasonic) I feel that the mid's are a bit more recessed (as some has already mentioned) than my Klipsch, but for the price they are fantastic.

Things I do not like:
1- Plug - As I mentioned most of my listening experience is on an iPhone 4s at the gym. The rest of my listening experience is on my iPad listening to music or watching movies on Netflix. With my iPhone I have a Morphie battery case. This plug does fit.. I have to take the top half of my case off to listen to my panny's on the iPhone.
2- Construction - As others have mentioned.. I do not believe these cans are going to be durable. Quality is not as good as I thought they would be and feel I will have to be very delicate with these.
3- Comfort - Although they are very light in comfortable, I have a thin head and would prefer just a slight more clamp on my head as I feel they are a tad bit loose.

All and All I love the sound signature and sound stage of these Panasonic's. As people have said they are fun to listen to. So here are my question. What would be a good next step up (or two) from these Panasonic's with similar sound signature. Willing to spend around the $150 - $200 range. I am really starting to enjoy quality music...
smily_headphones1.gif

What I am looking for:
1- Love the bass. Even if it has a little less base I can live with that.
2- Bit more forward mids
3- Clear and distinct all around sound
4- Something with an IEM size jack. Would love not having to take the case off my iPhone when using them. That being said they need to be easy to drive as I do not use an amp.
5- Quality - Something more durable. Something that I would not be afraid of stuffing in a suitcase or bag.
6- Not to concerned about looks but something with a bit of style to use outdoors would be a plus.

Am I just asking for too much? Suggestions?

Jan 12, 2013 at 9:37 PM Post #2,683 of 2,849
I bought the HTF600 and even after burn-in I returned it a week later. 

IMHO, my modded RP-HTX7 dances circles around it. 

Jan 13, 2013 at 2:56 AM Post #2,684 of 2,849
Quote:
JVC HA-RX700 is very similar sounding and closed back. Much more comfy and built better. The Monoprice 8323 has a more similar design but better build quality. Less comfort.

the rx700 are okay sounding headphone BUT they are HUGE, gigantic....even though they aren't too heavy.  They get quite warm after 45 minutes or so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back