The PANASONIC RP-HTF600-S headphones. More fun than the HD650?
Oct 29, 2012 at 5:51 PM Post #2,658 of 2,849
Quote:

LOL !

Has anyone tried burning them in for 49 hours and 59 minutes, putting them away for a week, then taking them out and playing music for a minute?

I assume he is joking. No headphone, burn in or not should have the bass disapearing and coming back. That would only happen in a defective headphone.

Oct 30, 2012 at 10:22 PM Post #2,660 of 2,849
Quote:
I assume he is joking. No headphone, burn in or not should have the bass disapearing and coming back. That would only happen in a defective headphone.

Nope Rocko1; NOT joking, and my RP-HTF600S headphones are certainly NOT defective, and I don't believe the units that (much earlier in the thread, by individuals such as the OP, et cetera, ad infiniutm) mentioned this behavior WRT this unit's drivers besides myself had defective in any way either.

Feel free to measure and explain the physics and all, but it really isn't important from a practical perspective. The only thing that really matters (and why I answered the question WRT the change in sound character) is because with this particular model, after 50(ish) hours of "burn-in" or "constant playback" or "mechanical break-in" of the drivers, or whatever term you're happy with tossing around in a forum; the fact is the drivers settle down, and the bass "returns" to full quantity, and by that time, the so-called maximum potential of the SQ of the driver is "reached" or _insert fancy term for "ready to use" here_.

Not interested in some Yes/No debate or argument about IF burn-in (or whether or not it is a unicorn), just pointing out the experiences of myself and others with the drivers in this model. If I wanted to joke I would do so about other things. I don't find it helpful when trying to honestly answer people's honest questions regarding phenomenon about audio equipment. :/

Oct 31, 2012 at 12:36 AM Post #2,661 of 2,849
*crying* I'm going to try opening these up because a pebble that was in my hair or something fell in the driver and I can't get it out so its making a rattly noises. Can't shake it out.

Wish me luck, I might as well do that foam removal too. How can I open these up properly without breaking anything.

Oct 31, 2012 at 1:19 AM Post #2,662 of 2,849
Just use a flat head screwdriver. The plastic tabs are made of sturdy material. I've opened mine quite a few times to fool around with them, and they will hold up just fine. 

Oct 31, 2012 at 2:01 AM Post #2,663 of 2,849
Quote:
Just use a flat head screwdriver. The plastic tabs are made of sturdy material. I've opened mine quite a few times to fool around with them, and they will hold up just fine. 

ty for that. Somehow my magical tapping got it out and I no longer need to open them up.

I broke my last headphones opening them up. Wires y u be so thin

Oct 31, 2012 at 3:16 PM Post #2,664 of 2,849
Quote:
Nope Rocko1; NOT joking, and my RP-HTF600S headphones are certainly NOT defective, and I don't believe the units that (much earlier in the thread, by individuals such as the OP, et cetera, ad infiniutm) mentioned this behavior WRT this unit's drivers besides myself had defective in any way either.

Feel free to measure and explain the physics and all, but it really isn't important from a practical perspective. The only thing that really matters (and why I answered the question WRT the change in sound character) is because with this particular model, after 50(ish) hours of "burn-in" or "constant playback" or "mechanical break-in" of the drivers, or whatever term you're happy with tossing around in a forum; the fact is the drivers settle down, and the bass "returns" to full quantity, and by that time, the so-called maximum potential of the SQ of the driver is "reached" or _insert fancy term for "ready to use" here_.

Not interested in some Yes/No debate or argument about IF burn-in (or whether or not it is a unicorn), just pointing out the experiences of myself and others with the drivers in this model. If I wanted to joke I would do so about other things. I don't find it helpful when trying to honestly answer people's honest questions regarding phenomenon about audio equipment. :/

Setting headphone countdown timer in 3...2.....1....
wink.gif

Nov 5, 2012 at 12:36 AM Post #2,666 of 2,849
Guys:

I already own the white VModa M-80's and I am very happy with them, but now I'm looking for a decent pair of BASSHEAD over-ears.

After reading most of this "interesting" thread I went ahead and ordered the Panasonic's (haven't arrived yet) but I am pretty sure I'm going to need/want to upgrade to something "more pro" in the long run.

My desired criteria for picking one will be:

1) Completely over-ear
2) Budget is $150, but will do $175 if its really worth it
3) Closed design
2) Strong "GOOD" Bass, and somewhat decent mids and highs (yeah, I know)
3) Preferable not too bulky (aka XB500) or heavy since they will be mostly for portable use
4) Comfort is important but I am willing to sacrifice a little comfort in exchange for #2

I was already suggested (by RPGWizard) to get the M-Audio Q40's and I almost did (and maybe I will), but since reading this thread I have noticed some people mentioning others like:

Ultrasone HFI-580/DJ1
Aiaiai TMA-1
Denon HP700
ATH-M50
ATH-Pro700 MK2
VModa Crossfade LP2
Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro

At this time, out of all those my favorites by all the comments, reviews (and looks) are: Q40, TMA-1, HFI-580 and C1Pro.

Any comments to help me out will be appreciated. Once again I would like to thank RPGWizard for replying to my pm some time ago with a very nice and detailed response. This guy is gold, as it seems with many people in this community.

My source is a Clip Zip (Rockboxed) + E6 + 32gigs of 256AAC, 320MP3, FLAC

Just got the E11 (with xtra battery) but I haven't even opened it yet, I want to use it with my over-ears. =)

Nov 5, 2012 at 2:52 AM Post #2,667 of 2,849
Quote:
Guys:

I already own the white VModa M-80's and I am very happy with them, but now I'm looking for a decent pair of BASSHEAD over-ears.

After reading most of this "interesting" thread I went ahead and ordered the Panasonic's (haven't arrived yet) but I am pretty sure I'm going to need/want to upgrade to something "more pro" in the long run.

1) Completely over-ear
3) Closed design
3) Preferable not too bulky (aka XB500) or heavy since they will be mostly for portable use
4) Comfort is important but I am willing to sacrifice a little comfort in exchange for #2

I was already suggested (by RPGWizard) to get the M-Audio Q40's and I almost did (and maybe I will), but since reading this thread I have noticed some people mentioning others like:

Ultrasone HFI-580/DJ1
Aiaiai TMA-1
Denon HP700
ATH-M50
ATH-Pro700 MK2
VModa Crossfade LP2

At this time, out of all those my favorites by all the comments, reviews (and looks) are: Q40, TMA-1, HFI-580 and C1Pro.

Any comments to help me out will be appreciated. Once again I would like to thank RPGWizard for replying to my pm some time ago with a very nice and detailed response. This guy is gold, as it seems with many people in this community.

Just got the E11 (with xtra battery) but I haven't even opened it yet, I want to use it with my over-ears. =)

I am thinking the Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro over the COP unless you want something easier to drive. The DT770 should also be more comfy because of the velour pads over the pleather on COP

Nov 5, 2012 at 8:15 AM Post #2,668 of 2,849
Quote:
I am thinking the Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro over the COP unless you want something easier to drive. The DT770 should also be more comfy because of the velour pads over the pleather on COP

But mids and highs on the DT770 Pro are not the best... I'd still suggest the M-Audio Q40s over those...

Nov 5, 2012 at 11:25 AM Post #2,669 of 2,849
Quote:
Guys:

1) Completely over-ear
3) Closed design

Ultrasone HFI-580/DJ1
Aiaiai TMA-1
Denon HP700
ATH-M50
ATH-Pro700 MK2
VModa Crossfade LP2

Might have better luck with a separate thread on this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back