The PANASONIC RP-HTF600-S headphones. More fun than the HD650?
Sep 17, 2012 at 12:04 PM Post #2,626 of 2,849
Quote:
Whoa, what the? It looks like the 668b goes lower in the bass then the Monoprice. Am I reading it wrong?

668b

Monoprice 

I'm surprised.

Yes, falls off less steep which will present more bass below 40hz. Also has a less peaks and dips which is good.

What does it take to get a chart for the Panasonics?

Sep 17, 2012 at 4:25 PM Post #2,628 of 2,849
Yes, falls off less steep which will present more bass below 40hz. Also has a less peaks and dips which is good.

[/quo ] Maybe if someone would send a pair to Ty and ask nicely he might make some measurements. Im going to use my pannies for my fun bass can and the 662f if im in the mood for more clarity

Sep 20, 2012 at 4:22 AM Post #2,629 of 2,849
Today I had the oppertunity to try Panasonic DJS400A headphones , they have very good bass and were easily driven by my mobile .Personally I liked them better then Senhiser PX200 II and Sony ZX700.

Can anyone comment on how good these are in comparison to HTF600.

Sep 20, 2012 at 10:00 AM Post #2,630 of 2,849
The DJS400 are far below the HTF600 in terms of sound quality. The 600's have deeper, better bass, smoother mids and nice clean highs. The 600's have an incredible soundstage for their price also. The DJS400s are not horrible, just more of a kids headphone in terms of sound. Similar to the Sony MDR-ZX100 but a tad better.

Sep 21, 2012 at 3:46 PM Post #2,631 of 2,849
Got my new pair in, complete with the velour pads since I personally think the stock pads are absolutely terrible. Honestly the stock pads are so bad when I bought my original pair if I didnt have the Sony MDR-V6 pads laying around, I would have despised/absolutely hated these headphones.

As it stands, these are my favorite headphones ever. I love the semi open design, it still gives me bass so music still sounds good, they're airy so easy to wear a long time, and have a good soundstage so good for gaming.

Heres a few pics...

Velour on the left, stock on the right.

By the way, the velour pads were kind of a pain to install, but so worth it. Have patience, take your time.

Sep 21, 2012 at 3:53 PM Post #2,632 of 2,849
Quote:
Got my new pair in, complete with the velour pads since I personally think the stock pads are absolutely terrible. Honestly the stock pads are so bad when I bought my original pair if I didnt have the Sony MDR-V6 pads laying around, I would have despised/absolutely hated these headphones.

As it stands, these are my favorite headphones ever. I love the semi open design, it still gives me bass so music still sounds good, they're airy so easy to wear a long time, and have a good soundstage so good for gaming.

Heres a few pics...

Velour on the left, stock on the right.

By the way, the velour pads were kind of a pain to install, but so worth it. Have patience, take your time.

When you say new pair, did you buy another set or?

Sep 22, 2012 at 4:42 AM Post #2,633 of 2,849
Quote:

This is supposed to be the same heapdhone

http://goldenears.net/board/1979720

Based upon the impedance graph, it looks like an amp will bring out the bass even more 
eek.gif

Sep 23, 2012 at 11:34 AM Post #2,634 of 2,849
After A/Bing for several hours....

JVC HAR700 sound better, hands down.

the clear problem with the Panasonics is sound resolution.  They are good in all other categories (other than shytti build quality), but if you listen closely, you can hear them struggle to resolve.  

i.e the same difference between an MP3 and a WAV file.  These headphone are incapable of representing richness in sound that other headphones can.

Re-listen with this in mind and you'll begin to understand what i'm saying.

Sep 23, 2012 at 4:44 PM Post #2,635 of 2,849
Quote:

the clear problem with the Panasonics is sound resolution.  They are good in all other categories (other than shytti build quality), but if you listen closely, you can hear them struggle to resolve.  

i.e the same difference between an MP3 and a WAV file.  These headphone are incapable of representing richness in sound that other headphones can.

I still enjoy the larger soundstage of the Pannies.

Sep 23, 2012 at 10:56 PM Post #2,636 of 2,849
Quote:

Try the paper towel mod to push the drivers a bit farther from your ears. IMO that mod changed my view of these headphones from good-value to a surprisingly-good-sounding head[phones.

Oct 6, 2012 at 3:42 AM Post #2,638 of 2,849
Okay, so interesting discovery. 

I found these pads on ebay for $5. I tore one accidentally and discovered that there is a layer of a soft. nice velour like material under the top layer of pleather. I was only able to do this with one pad because you have to do it very carefully or else you will also rip off the 'velour'. The material is pretty comfy (at least me testing it on one ear)

Here are the pads. http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Replacement-Ear-pad-Headphones-For-SONY-MDR-V6-Earpads-MDR-7506-V6-MIC-U-KZ-/170916136216?pt=US_Replacement_Parts_Tools&hash=item27cb654518

It's too dark for a picture of the pads and my camera just makes a blur. But it is black colored and look pretty nice.

They are shallower then stock pads, though, and I don't know how they affect the sound. 

Oct 11, 2012 at 2:18 AM Post #2,639 of 2,849
I'll admit, the HTF600 was really starting to grow on me after I got some other affordable dynamics to compare them to. The soundstage is certainly quite better depth-wise than a typical closed headphone, for starters (enough that it's usable for CMSS-3D Headphone or Dolby Headphone), and the clamping force actually is kind of light. I even thought about buying some velour pads.

...And then the right driver crapped out. Diaphragm's wrinkled and caved in a few places, and it either sounds "hollow" (no more bass presence), or makes a really loud, annoying buzzing sound. I just can't listen to it anymore with such imbalance.

Worse off, the earcup seems to be held on with clip/latch bits, not screws, so I don't feel as comfortable taking it apart without breaking it in hopes that I can do something to fix that driver.

Is there any hope left for the faulty driver, or should I just move on? (I suppose this is reason enough to look into the HD668B or SR850...)

Oct 11, 2012 at 9:59 AM Post #2,640 of 2,849
That's the downside to these-durability. Mail them back to Panasonic for warranty repair. They sent me back a pair of new DH1200 headphones-MSRP $169. Different sounding but great dj headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back