The PANASONIC RP-HTF600-S headphones. More fun than the HD650?
May 19, 2012 at 10:23 PM Post #2,416 of 2,849
Sorry if i'm necrobumping, but i picked this up on impulse after my HARX-900 died and the amount of good reviews on it.

They're not too much of an investment, but i've heard 'things' about them (Tinny,bright and or distored highs, muddy bass, recessed midrange, breaks easily, ETC.)
so i was wondering if someone that owns them could give me an unbiased opinion on what they think of them and how they compare to cheap Logitech and Plantronic headset and th e JVC HA-RX900.

Thanks in advance!

May 20, 2012 at 12:21 AM Post #2,417 of 2,849
Ok, I have read almost 50% of the thread now, so I ordered my set.
I own and love my cheap phone collection, all for different reasons.
My eh-150s cause they play loud and clear without an amp with my trusty fuze.
The Klipsch S2 for its easy going sound and thump. My ER4 with amp(modded cmoy) for its anal qualities The Soundmagic C30 for....hell I just like em! I have a PA2V2 so I believe I can drive them well: the Pannys sound right up my alley.
29.95 delivered, I just hope hey are as good as y'all say. I do jazz, blues, and rock with mostly flac files. I will repost after I get and yes a 50hr burn in b4 I pass judgement How many times you had to repeat that ch!.'tt!:).​

May 20, 2012 at 5:50 PM Post #2,418 of 2,849
Hey guys, I'm quite interested in buying them.
Are the vocals rendered well on these?
And what about soundstage?
I'm confused whether to buy this or the portapros.
The Panas don't look so portable :S.
I hope they dont have an uncomfortable treble.

Also If you can, can you compare these with the portapros,the senn px100ii, beyerdynamic dt235 and the HD428?
These four are my other options that I'm considering, but since I'm quite new to all this it all gets confusing.
Would be great if someone could compare them.
Thanks!

May 20, 2012 at 6:31 PM Post #2,421 of 2,849
Portapros are good for their intended use which is good for portable use but I would be lieing to you if I told you they sound better than these. These have an amazing sound for the cost. Something you will not expect. I have both. My portapros are gathering dust. If you need one more for portable use the portapros is a good choice however. The sound quality is actually decent on them but like I said if your going for more of a solid sound I would go for a HTF600 every time.

May 21, 2012 at 1:41 PM Post #2,423 of 2,849
I'm reading mixed impressions about how these perform in gaming. I'm looking for a headphone under 50$ for competitive FPS gaming mainly and this came up in my search. Do you recommend it for comp FPS gaming?

May 21, 2012 at 1:50 PM Post #2,424 of 2,849
Try one of these for $35 on Amazon. Use this with some type of 3D enhancement be it dolby or CMSS-3D and you got a perfect headphone for competitive gaiming. Better than the AD700 The superlux HD 681. The Panasonics are great for single player games but for competitive play these are better.

May 21, 2012 at 6:34 PM Post #2,425 of 2,849
btw finally I got the penny's on the way 4 Germany! First they lost them at my brothers hotel/apartment and then they were out of stock
blink.gif

May 24, 2012 at 2:47 PM Post #2,426 of 2,849
I'm still using the Pana's a lot. I really enjoy them straight out of the Anedio D1 dac, excellent combo. Funny thing is, these headphones make me turn my head thinking sounds are coming from outside more than any other headphone I own. I think it has to do with the dark tonality, which sounds very natural and life like.

I never noticed a change with burn in btw. 

Quote:
Try one of these for $35 on Amazon. Use this with some type of 3D enhancement be it dolby or CMSS-3D and you got a perfect headphone for competitive gaiming. Better than the AD700 The superlux HD 681. The Panasonics are great for single player games but for competitive play these are better.

I have both the HD681 and the Pana's, and I definitely prefer the Pana's for gaming. You might be right the HD681 are better for competitive play, but don't most people play games for fun?

May 27, 2012 at 8:14 AM Post #2,428 of 2,849
Something potential buyers need to know about the HTF600.

- Semi-Open. Not portable. Feel free to use it outside but it leaks sound.
- (personal) The headband is kind of heavy on my head like the Shure SRH940. Ears becomes hot after some time.
- (personal) Build quality isn't very good. Right channel goes out of balance and I needed to push the cups than slowly release.

Sound
- Bass heavy. Some/most of the time, bass half drowns out the mids.
- Rolled off treble. Veiled/non-fatiguing/dark/muddy/etc.
- Not analytical. If you expect a lot of details from it, I just popped your bubble.
- Soundstage is okay. Neither big nor small. Instrument separation is mediocre at best.

Good SQ for a $30 headphone. When some users here say it's amazing, it's probably the "value" we're talking about. Compared to higher end headphones, it does not stand a chance. Is it even close to the HD650? No. What about the SRH840 or the ATH-M50? No. My first impressions of the HTF600 is: Wow, for $30, these boys can sing and have lots of bass. But over time, I grew tired of the  (points I mentioned above + I am not a basshead). It's not bad, but I honestly think it's overhyped. 

May 27, 2012 at 8:43 AM Post #2,429 of 2,849
sure for you.. Not for many/ most that have tried them. Let others enjoy them Nikp. As I am not about to tell you what headphone you can enjoy and what you can't.. My father who is a old school audiophile enjoys these headphones more than any other headphone he owns. That to me is all I need to know.

May 27, 2012 at 9:04 AM Post #2,430 of 2,849
Quote:
Something potential buyers need to know about the HTF600.

- Semi-Open. Not portable. Feel free to use it outside but it leaks sound.
- (personal) The headband is kind of heavy on my head like the Shure SRH940. Ears becomes hot after some time.
- (personal) Build quality isn't very good. Right channel goes out of balance and I needed to push the cups than slowly release.

Sound
- Bass heavy. Some/most of the time, bass half drowns out the mids.
- Rolled off treble. Veiled/non-fatiguing/dark/muddy/etc.
- Not analytical. If you expect a lot of details from it, I just popped your bubble.
- Soundstage is okay. Neither big nor small. Instrument separation is mediocre at best.

Good SQ for a $30 headphone. When some users here say it's amazing, it's probably the "value" we're talking about. Compared to higher end headphones, it does not stand a chance. Is it even close to the HD650? No. What about the SRH840 or the ATH-M50? No. My first impressions of the HTF600 is: Wow, for $30, these boys can sing and have lots of bass. But over time, I grew tired of the  (points I mentioned above + I am not a basshead). It's not bad, but I honestly think it's overhyped. 

Got to disagree on a few of these points.

1. I find the htf600 very portable and use it often just for that purpose.

2. It is not at all "heavy." Compared to what? Which full size, over the ear is lighter exactly. Don't understand that point at all.

The htf600 is what it is for $30. I'd like to get the same level of enjoyment and satisfaction based on the cost for hp's that I've spent $500 bucks from. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back