The PANASONIC RP-HTF600-S headphones. More fun than the HD650?
May 12, 2012 at 6:20 AM Post #2,402 of 2,849
Paid 25 for OZMA 5 (Ultrasone hfi-550) and $50 for brand new vmoda Crossfade LP. Hopefully won't regret not getting htf600 instead.. Most likely gonna gift the crossfades but I'll keep the ozmas. Im confident in the future I will own the htf600 at some point :p

May 13, 2012 at 9:21 AM Post #2,404 of 2,849
I went on a walk this morning. It's not a bright morning here, quite gloomy actually. But it was a good kind of gloomy. I decided to take my clip+ with me. Lying next to my philips were HTFs. I don't know why but I picked up the HTFs to accompany me on the walk for the first time. The extra wire tucked inside my hoodie and my FiiO E11 left docked, I stepped out. I got out, on to the serene sidewalk, with my clip+ on party shuffle! I couldn't help but thinking that Spring has done a good job this time around. As, I was absorbing the lush greenery around me "Young the Giant" played 'Strings'. The percussions and the cymbals were coming out crisp and sharp. The vocalist seemed to be walking on the middle of the road dancing. I was merry.

As I turned on to the main road, I saw a young man holding his pants and shoes on the opposite side, probably trying in vain to remember the name of the girl he spent the night with. I heard a buzzer and I turned around kind of scared. Noone. It was not until I heard the second buzzer sound in my left ear accompanied by a thumping machine's sound did I realise it was Floyd, singing, "Welcome to the machine". The guitar bit was clear and the psychedelic piano made me sway. I looked on to the road and saw no cars. So I decided, to walk on the middle of the road. I was feeling a bit adventurous. An old pontiac, honked from a distance and I moved on to the sidewalk again. 

I decided to take a alley as the song changed to, "The Fool on the Hill- Beatles". I felt like a Hermit listening to Paul McCartney's voice and thinking about all the fools at my work. The flute just overpowered all my other senses and I didn't realise I had started walking slower. Body present, mind absent I was now listening to "Blinding- Florence+the machine" with the bass reaching the lowest octaves. 

I was not ready to walk back, yet. As if to have realised what I was thinking, my clip+ played "Creep by Scala and Kolackny". The powerful choirish voices did not tremble. My HTFs showed their skill, while I was getting depressed listening to it, right there on the sidewalk. I walked slower, involuntarily thinking about my problems, some created, some existing. 

I was kind of irritated to have 'Bruce Springsteen' come on asking me to Rock. But a minute into the song as he promised me " better days" I was back to enjoying the gloomy weather again. I walked back home, as my ears started to sweat, to the sound of "Coldplay- Life in Technicolor" and U2. 

I hope you take a walk. I hope you take your HTFs with you. I hope there is no one around to disturb you and you get lost in the sound and let your HTF sway you through many emotions, happy one instant, sad the other. I hope you experience a revelation like, I did. 

-Thank you. 

Curtains.

May 13, 2012 at 2:04 PM Post #2,405 of 2,849
That is just awesome. Your post make me want to do exactly the same..Thanks for sharing your experience with us and in the end, if a headphone can get you in touch with your well being and surround you with thought and emotion. That is what it is all about.

Lol. I was just thinking it might have been a good thing these are semi open so you can hear the car honking..

May 13, 2012 at 2:48 PM Post #2,406 of 2,849
Quote:
I went on a walk this morning. It's not a bright morning here, quite gloomy actually. But it was a good kind of gloomy. I decided to take my clip+ with me. Lying next to my philips were HTFs. I don't know why but I picked up the HTFs to accompany me on the walk for the first time. The extra wire tucked inside my hoodie and my FiiO E11 left docked, I stepped out. I got out, on to the serene sidewalk, with my clip+ on party shuffle! I couldn't help but thinking that Spring has done a good job this time around. As, I was absorbing the lush greenery around me "Young the Giant" played 'Strings'. The percussions and the cymbals were coming out crisp and sharp. The vocalist seemed to be walking on the middle of the road dancing. I was merry.

As I turned on to the main road, I saw a young man holding his pants and shoes on the opposite side, probably trying in vain to remember the name of the girl he spent the night with. I heard a buzzer and I turned around kind of scared. Noone. It was not until I heard the second buzzer sound in my left ear accompanied by a thumping machine's sound did I realise it was Floyd, singing, "Welcome to the machine". The guitar bit was clear and the psychedelic piano made me sway. I looked on to the road and saw no cars. So I decided, to walk on the middle of the road. I was feeling a bit adventurous. An old pontiac, honked from a distance and I moved on to the sidewalk again. 

I decided to take a alley as the song changed to, "The Fool on the Hill- Beatles". I felt like a Hermit listening to Paul McCartney's voice and thinking about all the fools at my work. The flute just overpowered all my other senses and I didn't realise I had started walking slower. Body present, mind absent I was now listening to "Blinding- Florence+the machine" with the bass reaching the lowest octaves. 

I was not ready to walk back, yet. As if to have realised what I was thinking, my clip+ played "Creep by Scala and Kolackny". The powerful choirish voices did not tremble. My HTFs showed their skill, while I was getting depressed listening to it, right there on the sidewalk. I walked slower, involuntarily thinking about my problems, some created, some existing. 

I was kind of irritated to have 'Bruce Springsteen' come on asking me to Rock. But a minute into the song as he promised me " better days" I was back to enjoying the gloomy weather again. I walked back home, as my ears started to sweat, to the sound of "Coldplay- Life in Technicolor" and U2. 

I hope you take a walk. I hope you take your HTFs with you. I hope there is no one around to disturb you and you get lost in the sound and let your HTF sway you through many emotions, happy one instant, sad the other. I hope you experience a revelation like, I did. 

-Thank you. 

Curtains.

great story.  there should be more posts like this :)

May 13, 2012 at 8:38 PM Post #2,408 of 2,849
Quote:
That is just awesome. Your post make me want to do exactly the same..Thanks for sharing your experience with us and in the end, if a headphone can get you in touch with your well being and surround you with thought and emotion. That is what it is all about.

Lol. I was just thinking it might have been a good thing these are semi open so you can hear the car honking..

Lol...I was going for a subtle review with the write-up. I could hear the car honk from a distance (Isolation not great), vocalist in the middle of the road (wide soundstage), sweaty ears (explains itself). Heh....but yeah one of the best walk of my life! Thanks Dsnuts. I'm eagerly awaiting my JVCs! 
Quote:
great story.  there should be more posts like this :)

Take a walk, write a post :p
Quote:
Agree... just don't get hit by a car....

Lol....Will try to keep my sanity! It's my playlists fault for making me want to do that, actually! :)

May 14, 2012 at 2:20 PM Post #2,409 of 2,849
To those who find the long cord of HTF600s to unweildy I suggest you try to braid the cord. Mr.Nurse did it with his Ultrasone HFI-518s and it worked well. I tried it out and the cord on the Pannys is now much more managable at about 4-5 feet. The cable isnt too thick either and maintains good flexibility. The Pannys also look a lot more expensive after you braid the cable which is always a positive
tongue.gif
. If you are looking for instructions you can search them up on head-fi or look on youtube by searching "headphone braid ultrasone" will probably bring up Mr.Nurses guide on how to braid the cable. It is very easy to follow and the results are fantastic.

May 14, 2012 at 5:58 PM Post #2,410 of 2,849
Quote:
To those who find the long cord of HTF600s to unweildy I suggest you try to braid the cord. Mr.Nurse did it with his Ultrasone HFI-518s and it worked well. I tried it out and the cord on the Pannys is now much more managable at about 4-5 feet. The cable isnt too thick either and maintains good flexibility. The Pannys also look a lot more expensive after you braid the cable which is always a positive
tongue.gif
. If you are looking for instructions you can search them up on head-fi or look on youtube by searching "headphone braid ultrasone" will probably bring up Mr.Nurses guide on how to braid the cable. It is very easy to follow and the results are fantastic.

I definitely second this statement. Braiding the cord definitely helps a lot if you don't need the extra length, and you can find YouTube tutorials online on how to do it. It's super easy and convenient!

May 16, 2012 at 12:20 AM Post #2,412 of 2,849
I don't know if I should eat crow but I was really praising how much I liked the Rx700s over these Pannys but seems like i don't feel that way anymore. These sound wonderful. I guess its the burn- in effect or what. i just find them more enjoyable to listen too, For any of you new buyers of these,please be patient. Give them 100 hours of burn-in . These will surprise you. It took a while but I just love them. The poster above mention listening to Pink Floyd with them. They sound amazing with these panny's, 

Just another thought. I wonder if there is anyway to improve the sturdiness of these phones. The cord ripping out concerns me. Overall I would like to strengthen these. Any ideas would be appreciated..Thanks

May 16, 2012 at 3:49 PM Post #2,413 of 2,849
Naw it not about eating crow but enjoying the found sound of them. I have a few pairs and use one to DJ with. They are perfect for what I spent on them and then some. Makes me smile EVERYTIME.

May 19, 2012 at 12:33 AM Post #2,414 of 2,849
Hey all,

I'm really pleased with the sound of these phones after giving it a good burn-in. However, I start sweating pretty majorly after about 15 minutes of wearing them.
I'm assuming that the Beyerdynamic velour pads would help... however, I'm concerned about what others said about them bringing the highs up, as I'm a little sensitive to higher frequencies. I really enjoy the sound of these with the stock pads, but the sweat from the pleather pads is really not enjoyable.

Will they still retain that warm, rolled off treble sound that I enjoy?

Hopefully it won't be too big of a difference, but I want to be sure. Does it really change the sound that much?

Thanks!

May 19, 2012 at 12:10 PM Post #2,415 of 2,849
Quote:
Hey all,

I'm really pleased with the sound of these phones after giving it a good burn-in. However, I start sweating pretty majorly after about 15 minutes of wearing them.
I'm assuming that the Beyerdynamic velour pads would help... however, I'm concerned about what others said about them bringing the highs up, as I'm a little sensitive to higher frequencies. I really enjoy the sound of these with the stock pads, but the sweat from the pleather pads is really not enjoyable.

Will they still retain that warm, rolled off treble sound that I enjoy?

Hopefully it won't be too big of a difference, but I want to be sure. Does it really change the sound that much?

Thanks!

No not really. I would go for the velours. They are just what you need. No sweat at all. No drastic change in the sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back